Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 296 of 542 FirstFirst ... 196 246 286 295 296 297 306 346 396 ... LastLast
Results 7,376 to 7,400 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

QuiltE, good girl, you did go Well done!!!

Mira, that's a gorgeous quilt and so much work!!! Do you think you'll make it? You still have a few weeks but I wouldn't want to be in your shoes......

Me? I have to run some errands but have to wait for homecare. I'm quilting the Jelly Jam Roll. My quilt inspector agreed Just one more block and the borders. I still don't know what to quilt in the border but I'll come up with something, maybe swirls with stars. And I still have to decide what to do with it when finished.

I put up a few Christmas decorations yesterday but no tree.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Just popping in, while the coffee brews. I have all the strips sets sewn, what a job And the first 4 rows are together, only 89 to go. Will keep you posted on my progress.. Now back to the salt mine
    Karen

Picture??? Please ??????????????

Here's the result of my Dot to Dot quilting. I did it free motion style; I did draw the lines though. The borders are free hand FMQ, no marking.
    Name:  DotToDotQuilting1 (912 x 684).jpg
Views: 60
Size:  109.2 KBName:  DotToDotQuilting2 (912 x 684).jpg
Views: 59
Size:  115.1 KB

Now I am wondering where my posting went??? it disappeared!!
    quilt room is back together; it took a few minutes to realize they had loosened all the light bulbs and the light was not coming on. You all have a good day!

Mirab, I feel like such a slacker when I read all you are doing. Love the look of Bargello, especially that lay out. I tried a bargello table runner and it looked like I was dyslexic--never did finish it. Good luck--I bet you have it done tomorrow LOL.

Anael, that quilting looks great! Do you do that on a DSM or do you have a long arm?

Recipes are usually QNS's forte, but I found one for leftover turkey that sounds disgusting but is really very good:
    One pre-baked pizza shell (or make your own and pre-bake it)
    Cranberry sauce, sliced thin if jellied
    Torn up left over turkey
    1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
    Spread cranberry sauce over pizza shell, top with torn up turkey and cheese. Bake at 400* about 10 min or until cheese is melted.

Have a great week-end, everyone. QE, safe travels. Please do something you love today.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Thanks Jan! I wish I had a long arm but all is done on my DSM. They don't sell long arms in the Netherlands. I can order a Sweet 16 from the UK but without testdriving I don't think that's a good idea.

Blog Entries
    I received my block from Anne yesterday. Thank you Anne, it so pretty and really goes well with all the other blocks. DH was in hospital for 11 1/2 days so it has been quite wearing. I have also completed 12 radiation treatments, the kids took turns taking me to my appointments and some would stay with him in the hospital. Don't know yet if he will have any more chemo or not. He passed out on me and had to call ambulance. Don't want that to happen again.

Here is the block from Anne.
    Name:  spike blocks 004.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  325.6 KB
    Now all together, I don't know if I will use the black between the blocks yet or not.
    Name:  spike blocks 006.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  181.2 KB
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers, mine also go out to Anael for your surgery next tuesday and to Carrie & Anne whenever you both have your surgeries.
    GrannyQ

Blog Entries
    I put the wrong picture up.
    Name:  spike blocks 003.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  223.1 KB
    this is mine all together.
    P.S. Sent November block & December blocks yesterday because I don't know what will take place right now.
    Hope you gals like them.
    GrannyQ

GrannyQ, your blocks are beautiful together! Your SYE blocks are lovely too
    I hope you and your DH will have no more unexpected hospital visits! (((HUGS)))

Anael - gosh you are doing great with that dot to dot class! Looks like I might need to take that one! WTG girl!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Honchey--very pretty block for GrannyQ

GrannyQ--your SYE and MBs both look great!!!

I got the clubhouse cleaned up today, finished my Dec MB (now they are all done through Feb), finished piecing a backing and binding. I was going to start tying the crazy quilt, but grabbed the wrong needles. They are the blunt tip ones so won't go through the fabric. Guess we'll have to stop at walmart on our way home from church.

GrannyQ, good to hear from you. Lovely block from Ann. Keeping you in my prayers. Both sets of blocks are wonderful, GrannyQ. I am so happy you posted both sets here so we all can admire them.

JanRN, there are many excellent cooks with good ideas on this PC trail and I love exchanging recipes along the way. I fixed Carrie's Carrot Dressing for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it here.

Anael, that is a very cute panel that you received. Best of luck to you in your surgery.

Take care everyone.

Anael .... awesome quilting job. Look forward to seeing the finale when I am back and you are back after surgery too!

MiraB ... likewise ... I bet you will have it done when I return!

DublB and QNSue ... back to normal? Silence is Golden, though I am sure the two of you will miss your company!

JanRN ... now you have me intrigued with that recipe. I think you are like me ... something like that is one of those things that you just have to make to find out if it is outright disgusting ... or amazingly good! Thanks for the tip! Just might be something I will try with my own Christmas leftovers. Thanks for your thoughts .. weather looking like it will cooperate, so far!

Honchey and GrannyQ ... what a terrific block and looks so wonderful with the grouping.

GrannyQ ... {{{HUGS}}} to you and your DH. Thankfully you do have some family close by to help the two of you get thru this. Never easy, but both of you with such challenges at the same time, is so difficult. Glad that you made that mistake post on your Spikes/MBs ... really like your Spikes too!

Ready to take off tomorrow ... though no hexie fabric cut. Think I'll go and do some now, so I have something with me, just in case! Chat with you all later in the week
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh Granny Q & Honchey What a wonderful block! I love cardinals!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Here's the finished Jelly Roll Jam quilt. I'm not so sure I like the fabrics used
    It still needs to be laundered but I wanted to know how it looks. The red binding is sewn on by machine because it's a sticky fabric, very hard to hand sew Name:  ChristmasWallHanging (646 x 619).jpg
Views: 80
Size:  144.5 KB

I just nocited in the picture you can't see the quilting at all! I will take a picture of the back side but I have to do other things first like take a shower and visit Mick and the twins

Awww, that turned out real cute Anael. I love that santa fabric. I hope you gave those darling grandchildren a big hug from all of us!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Beautiful colors, Anael, and I love your border as well. The grand kids should love it and remember you made it will love.

I got in my sewing room this afternoon....have most of the SYE number five pieces cut out.

Anael that turned out so gosh darn cute

sllloooowwwwww progress being made in my sewing room, this is what I have accomplished so far, first 10 rows.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

There she goes again!! Don't blink, 'cause you will miss the action completely...in Mirabelle's sewing room. I am behind her, just starting the November SYE blocks...

Looking ahead with the 2014 DJ and 50 stars. and Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt Celtic Sunrise...fun, fun, and fun.

A little birdie asked me to ask Dublb is she received her MB for November..Tracking says it has been delivered...

Wow Mirabelle, it's going to be stunning! ! ! Like QNS said, don't blink

I'm looking forward to being my old self again, restart DJ and 50 Stars, finishing a few UFO's and finally quilt some tops!
    Tomorrow I'll know when that will be.

Yesterday I had a great time with Mick and the twins. Bram has pneumonia but is feeling a lot better already, he's smiling and talking again. Isa is smiling a lot too, doesn't talk but is trying to stand on her feet when you let her. She's not allowed to though.

This is the back of the Jelly Jam Roll Wall hanging.
    Name:  ChristmasWallHangingBack (720 x 673).jpg
Views: 66
Size:  74.6 KB

Anael, I see you're practicing the dot to dot quilting...was it hard to do the fill in the triangles?

No it wasn't Honchey. I used my FMQ foot as a gide, no BSR used, that one is too big and only blocks my sight.

Page 296 of 542 FirstFirst ... 196 246 286 295 296 297 306 346 396 ... LastLast