Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 310 of 542 FirstFirst ... 210 260 300 309 310 311 320 360 410 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,750 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Well, I cannot see a mistake, but I'm sure if I ever tried to make it, there would be many more mistakes!!!!! It is beautiful Mirabelle!!! I am also with you on the mashed potatoes! I prefer scalloped any day, and that is what we are having for Christmas dinner.

Jan, those two Rosies are fabulous! Great job!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Jan, both Rosie's turned out great!!

Everyone...I think the Energizer Bunny needs some charging

QuiltE, GGal made some very pretty MB's for you.. the blocks go so well together....Great Job GGal...

Oh, Mirab---that is fantastic! And no, I don't see a mistake. I'm in awe--I can't imagine keeping track of the color placement, the rows, putting them together--wow!!

Ggal, great blocks for QE; her MB quilt is going to be so pretty.

Today is the shortest day of the year. It's 60* and has rained non-stop since last night. First day of winter but feels like spring. Now we start getting an extra minute of daylight each day--that's a positive thing!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

JanRN, I like your Christmas Throw, so bright and cheery.
    QuiltE, nice blocks there, and nice group all together.
    Mirabelle, IF there is a mistake in there, keep mum about it...few good eyes might notice it...others will see all the beauty and love in that quilt...so much detail and work! So it is a humble quilt, but it can still show love and hours worth of work that you put into that quilt. Rejoice that it is done.

JanRN, you are right on, its the shortest day of the year, and it starts getting lighter earlier and darkness coming on later each day. Hurray....one day closer to spring.

Enjoyed everyone's comments that they have shared and the beautiful quilts and blocks that they have shared. Thank you.

All I want for Christmas is a big box of batteries !!!!!!!

Thank you everyone, you kept me going on this project. JanRN I love your Christmas Rosie, it will certainly brighten up your room
    Karen

Well I'm officially sick. Yesterday was quite a busy one & late in the afternoon I stoped by my DSis' house. I was only there for about 15min but she smoked 2 cigarettes in an inclosed room durrin' that time. I think I was fightin' off whatever this is & holdin' my own till she did that. It was the last straw. Last night I was wheezin' a lot & by th'smornin I have a truly bad cough. I got DH ta buy me some Musinex D & if that doesn't do it, I'll go ta an emergency clinic tamarrow.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Oh ss to hear your are sick dublb! Hopefully you will feel better before Christmas. This is NOT the time of year to get sick, for sure!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Jan...your Rosie's are beautiful. I'm so glad that you and S16 are becoming friends and now you will have a lot more hours to spend with her!
    Mirabelle...batteries do recharge if given enough time. Now is the time to pull out a good book and enjoy the creativity of reading. Do you have a favorite author or book series? I haven't been reading a lot recently but I have enjoyed Beverly Lewis books about the Amish culture which has led me to several other authors about Amish as well. While fiction can never portray how life is really lived, it's interesting to take a peek.
    Dubib...hope your breathing returns to normal soon. Rest and tea!
    DD...anything chronic changes life. I'm glad that you haven't stopped living though. Some people do and the rest of the world misses the beauty they could bring. Thanks for the beauty that you share with us.
    Thanks for the MB compliments. I had planned Hexies for QuiltE but the final result wasn't what I expected but after the work, I sent it anyway. Glad you like it, QuiltE. We had heavy rain yesterday but thankfully it didn't freeze. Today is gray and windy and turning much colder. I did get a start on my appliqué. The center is a pp compass block so nothing new yet. Need to trace the pattern on the background fabric next so I can attach it.
    Have a good day all!

Its good to know someone else reads Beverly Lewis on this journey. I read too fast, and run out of reading too often. I was taught speed reading in sixth grade and its galloped onward since them. An average sized book last about an hour or less, so I try to choose the thicker books...I have quit buying so many and buy fabric now!

Dublb, rest and relax today and take it easy...have tea with us in the virtual RV.

Back to the sewing room to finish that December MB. Looks like more snow outside, so staying inside and warm.

Seriously, some very beautiful finishes here!!!

Bev, We have to wrap you up & comfort you until you feel better...take care of yourself...

I have made several friends in the Amish community.. The ladies are very friendly and even share their bounty with My sister & me.. I have even shown them I can piece on their treadles...I learned how to sew on my Grandmother's treadle machine.. I remember those days very well....

Jan, beautiful Rosies! ! Does that mean you won't talk about Rosie anymore

Mirabelle, stunning! Just sit back and relax. You've done enough this year.

Dublb, I hope you're feeling better today!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Its good to know someone else reads Beverly Lewis on this journey. I read too fast, and run out of reading too often. I was taught speed reading in sixth grade and its galloped onward since them. An average sized book last about an hour or less, so I try to choose the thicker books...I have quit buying so many and buy fabric now!

QNS - I got a Kindle a couple of years ago, just love it! It would probably slow down your speed reading for a while though! There are several places you can get free books in all kinds of genre! I get two or three emails a day with free/reduced price (.99) listings. I always have a book going, cannot go to sleep at night unless I read for a half hour or so! Before then, I would go to our local library and buy from the "Friends of the Library" bookstore. Paperbacks were .50 and hardbacks $1.00. I love to read!

I'm feelin' a bit better taday. The weakness & headache are gone. I still have a cough but my sinuses aren't bloody anymore. I'm still gonna take it easy taday though. If stuff doesn't git done then it doesn't git done.
    Last edited by dublb; 12-22-2013 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Forgot part o' the blue.
    Bev

That's the right attitude Bev That stuff will be there next week, waiting to be done

Jeanie, you're like me. I have to read before going to sleep also. At least half an hour, most of the time more. Meaning I should go to bed now because it's 10.45 pm here
    Goodnight all!

Honchey, this is the machine I learned how to sew on (or its an almost match as elder dd had it for a while, does not quite match up with my memory, but it could be faulty) :Name:  DSCN0001.JPG
Views: 47
Size:  76.0 KB
    Name:  DSCN0002.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  65.3 KB She dealt with older furniture for a while when she was in Dallas...but it she delivered this one back before their divorce. Not sure of the year of it.

Have a good night of sleep, Anael. Sent you and email to read in your tomorrow.

That is good news, Dublb, that you are feeling better. JeanieG, I have not been able to think about the Kindle or the Nook yet, retirement funds only stretch so far...do not know if I could read on one, 'cause I like holding the book itself.

GGal I love to read, have almost finished the Elm Creek Quilt series of books, can't read during the day though as it puts me to sleep I enjoy Kathy Reichs, Wilbur Smith and almost any true crime story but my favourite books of all time has to be my quilting books

Bev I hope you are feeling better, maybe it is time for your Sis to give up smoking or maybe not smoke around you. I was so happy when my DS gave up smoking.

QNS thanks for the photo of your treadle, brings back memories of my grandmothers machine (that I was not allowed to use).

DD just rang and is on the highway headed for home, she will be here in about an hour woohoo. We are having our Christmas dinner tonight, Crunchy Coated Chicken, Leg Ham, Prawns, Crispy baked potatoes, honey baked carrots, tossed salad, bread rolls yum yum. Chocolate Sundaes for dessert

Have a great day everyone.
    Karen

Hi QNS, I have a Singer red eye 66 I call Maggie and I also Have the treadle it will be going in...(some day)..Maggie is beautiful and Has perfect decals on the "post"? I'm not sure if that's the correct term. I'll have to unwrap her & take a photo to show you.. I had her cleaned up by former member of the board...

I'm glad you're feeling better Bev...your sis should know better than to smoke around you..

I also love to read before bed.. winding down for the nite..

I bought a tablet for myself...don't know why...just wanted one and I asked if you need internet security for it and was told that you don't because they are different than a computer...I wonder....

Went to the GP this morning to get my flue shot. Went on my bike and was exhausted when I came home Still recovering I guess!
    #2 DS is on his way to have coffee and lunch with me.

Good morning, ladies. I'm off to work. We're going to be super busy--today's the only day we're open this week. Doc is going skiing after Christmas. I'll probably gain 10 pounds today--the patients ply us with candy & cookies and the Pharmacy reps bring muffins & lunch. Of course we eat it--can't let it go to waste (waist?).

Sounds like we all like to read. Are your kids readers? Mine is; started reading to him at a very early age and I think that instilled the love of reading in him (that and rock & roll LOL). One of the girls I work with said she hasn't read a book since high school and she's 50 years old. How sad--doesn't know what she's missing. I can't sleep unless I read for 1/2 hour or so before bed. I have one of the original Kindles--so old it actually has a keyboard on it.

Have a great day and do something you love!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Weather has turned cold and colder here, tonight it goes to 14 below. No plans of trying to go anywhere today, tomorrow maybe. Will try to finish the MB for December and maybe do January, so I will not run so late next month. January temperatures predicted all look better and warmer than this week.

Dh cleaned floors and mopped them yesterday; cooked chicken for lunch, made leftover chicken into chicken and noodles; leftover chili soup is still in the refrigerator, so house is clean and prepared food is ready when we get hungry So it will be an easy, lazy day for both of us, and maybe all week. No company for Christmas, it will be just another day. Those of you with family coming in, enjoy for me too. It will not be for us this holiday.

Find ways of enjoying it in your homes. Have a safe warm day and do in style!

Hi All
    Just sending a smoke signal .... I am at the library right now.

On Saturday night, just when I was on a roll to finish my Christmas exchange gift quilt, our hydro went out and stayed off for just short of 24 hrs. I was in bed by then and slept well, planning for a good day of quilting. So just as I was getting ready for that, this morning *poof* no hydro. End of that plan!!! Plan B went and bought batting ........... already on sale at 25% off plus an additional 20% off if you sang four lines of a Christmas Carol!

It's a crystalline world with the ice covering. Almost pretty til you see the devastation. So far to "damage" at my place but lots of trees and branches down in the bush. And many trees extremely bent from the weight of the ice. So many trees are gone and damage beyond belief. I am lucky. Over 1/2 million without power in the greater area around.

Once I have hydro again .............. priority will be that topper before I can come back and play with all of you!!!

So, if worse case scenario plays out ......... Merry Christmas!!!!!
    Hopefully this is not needed and I will be back before then!!
    Regards, QuiltE
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well guys I broke down & went ta see the Dr. I have bronchitis! My DM went ta git my Rx.& I'm gonna nap.
    Bev

So sorry for your power failure QuiltE - I read about in the paper this morning! Hopefully they get it restored real soon.

Dublb - glad you made that Dr. appt. With the meds, you should start feeling better real soon.

I am frustrated! I have so much to do, I don't know where to start, which is unusual for me! I guess I'm not in the mood for Christmas, so much work! I got all the fresh veggies, and my hams (yes two half hams). I could not find a whole spiral sliced ham anywhere I went! UGH. I did not want to get these things earlier, and definitely did not want to shop over the weekend. Guess I had better get back at it!

Glad you have power again, QuiltE...may you be warm and save in your home this week.

Dublb, a big Hug to you in the virtual RV, and hot drinks are ready for you and hot chicken and noodle soup.

Jeanie, it is one step at a time...that is all one person can do. Take a deep breath, and go at a steady pace. Delegate the tasks to warm bodies as they come to help you out. Suggest the men clean up the mess. You have a lovely new kitchen to cook in or take everyone out to eat....its your holiday, too. Enjoy.

From me to all of you
    Attachment 453046
    Last edited by Anael; 12-24-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Page 310 of 542 FirstFirst ... 210 260 300 309 310 311 320 360 410 ... LastLast