Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-17-2013, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
I'm sitting with my laptop on my lap..eating my cereal and browsing thru the pages and when seeing all the blocks of Mirabelle's quilt it brought back all the memories of the weekly challenge and I'm smiling... did we really do 2 blocks a week??? what an undertaking to say the least!!!
We did indeed do 2 blocks a week for what 2 1/2 years? Good Lord, can it be that long a time!!!! Anyway, I find myself to be more involved in my quilting when I have a deadline like the 2 blocks a week! I guess I need that "deadline" to be real productive.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:50 PM

Thank you everyone for your kind words, hoping to get the binding started today.

Yes JeanieG we made 201 blocks for our quilts, wow hard to imagine now. I still haven't made another block for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, need motivation or a deadline I tried to set aside a day to work on it but that didn't work.

Have fun on the FART today Honchey.

Now I am going to stay off this computer for the rest of the day and do some quilting so if you see me on here kick me off with a big kick up the derriere.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:08 PM

GG WOW! Your Star quilt is just wonderful!!!! As my eyes moved from the center out then back in again the star seemed ta move. WOW!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:00 PM

Hi, After a long nap and some refreshment I feel normal again..
Wilmington is about an hour away...my first stop was Joann's..I picked up a new bird die for my accuquilt go & it also fits my new "Baby"..I had that shipped here so I won't have to tote the "go" back & forth...I also picked up a few mats for the cutter... and a few 1/4 yds of clearance fabric that was reduced 75% + my 15% Viking card...I will use these for my 2.5" swap...It's not the low end stuff......My next stop was Sam's Club...I picked up some french bread for our dinner omelets tonite....Then we went to Hobby Lobby...I've never been to a Hobby Lobby before..It reminded me of a store called "Franklin's" A little bit of everything...I found a charcoal split bark fabric that I think might work with one of my tops...Thennnnn we went to a very nice shop that also sells Viking machines....of course I checked them all out and one of the salesperson went into her selling mode...before she went too far into it I told her" I do the same thing you're doing....then we just chit chatted for awhile...I found a pretty red fabric and a white on white I don't have to use for my red & white some day quilt...My favorite time was when I asked if they had a scrap bin...they said the magic words..."YES" it's $2 for a sandwich baggie full/closed....boy oh boy did I pack that baggie...I will take a photo later of the baggie & goodies I bought...My last stop was a very nice shop that sold Bernina's and I was very nicely greeted but they were very busy and it seemed to me very cold...They didn't really have anythng that caught my eye...It was also rather dark in the shop...What I liked about the shopping area was that it was all within 6-8 miles of each other and in a very nice part of the city...All in all it was a good day...I will now take some photos....
Old 04-17-2013, 05:02 PM

Beautiful star, GardenGal. I will check in tomorrow after my day surgery early in the morning; they want me at the hospital at six o'clock. It has rained and rained here, so will stay on the ridge roads and top of the hills; bf is driving me to and from.

Have Pony Quilt rows all sewn together; debating about borders now.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:09 PM

Ggal, that's a beautiful quilt--great job.

QNS, good luck tomorrow.

Anne, sounds like you had a great day, look forward to the pics.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:54 PM

I have interrupted the quilting for some important news, so don't kick too hard.

I received a parcel today and guess what was inside, another MB, this one from QuiltE and it is beautiful. I love love love it and it is playing nice with its friend on my design wall.

Ggal I love your Lone Star variation, always wanted to make one of those, maybe one day.

QNS hope surgery goes well tomorrow and we see you back real soon.

Honchey sounds like you had a fun day, can't wait to see the pics of your purchases.

On another note, my mowing man has turned up, made it all the way to the front door and knocked, called out to me as I was concentrating on quilting, and my two guard dogs did not move. Sammy the white one was asleep in front of the door as usual. Prince the brown one I couldn't find so went in search of him, found him sound asleep under my sewing table. Talk about good guard dogs, they never moved
Attached Thumbnails dscf0180.jpg   dscf0179.jpg  
Old 04-17-2013, 06:15 PM

Mirabelle--I am very excited for you to have your PC quilt back! You did a great job on your blocks and like others have said, the quilting accents them nicely.

Anael--Good to hear you are back to your Ode to Mom's quilt. That block is very pretty...pointy points and my favorite colors too!

Ggal--Your lone star quilt looks good! I see the "movement" someone else mentioned. Did you decide to upgrade your machine for a new Janome? I saw the newsletter today with the "deal".

GNS--Praying for your surgery to go smoothly tomorrow and that you can get the rest needed afterwards. Are you thinking about doing any of the shops in the "all-Iowa shop-hop"? The shop where I work is participating.

OK--I agree a solid border would be good...did you come up with anything in your stash?

Honchey--Sounds like you had a very busy day...no wonder you needed a nap! How are you feeling after your dental work? Everything healing properly?

Jan--Did you get some sewing in today? I worked all day so got to "play" with fabric but no sewing...Thursday and Friday are free though...yay!

Janie--I didn't make the FW quilt, so only been with the group for a little over a year, but am glad to be here! Sometimes I wonder how I got 2 blocks done in a week...of course then there were other weeks where I was able to get 2 done in a day, so I suppose it all worked out in the end.

Rain all day today..."they" said up to 3" and I am pretty sure we got every bit of that. The river near us is coming up...we are on top of a hill though so no chance of flooding in our house however the bridge less than a half mile away could get flooded if it keeps coming down...we don't have to cross it to get to town, but DD's bus goes that way, so might have a detour there! We've had lots of rain in the last week and the ground is just saturated. More rain expected tomorrow and then SNOW on Friday!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:17 PM

Mirabelle--how is your quilting coming along? Congrats on getting your MB! It is very pretty.

QE--is that a blue version of the friendship fabric?? I like the shimmer on the fabric in the middle.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:34 PM

Ditto on the good luck tomorrow QNS

Mirabelle, I guess you're starting off the April MB show & tell...very pretty block...I like the soft colors...and It's a very dfferent star block...Good Job QuiltE...

The first photo shows the red and white fabric from the very nice quiltshop and the grey is from Hobby Lobby...The second photo shows my mini haul from Joann's and the third is all the fabric I fit into a little fold over sandwich baggie. there's a batik that's 15 x 48 inches, then a teal with swallows 12 x 48 inches..the gold w/red swirl is 12 x 48 inches all the other pieces are single layered....I had fun picking thru the scrap bin...they had much bigger pieces than what I picked but they lacked the colors that caught my eye.....I just love picking thru the scrap bins...I'll visit that shop again for sure!!!!

Thanks for asking Carrie...I cannot bite on the tooth for at least 3 months.... apparently the abcess was destroying the bone area below the root and surrounding area ...being it is a front lower tooth I have to cut up everything so I don't disturb it...
Attached Thumbnails fart-4-17-2013-002.jpg   fart-4-17-2013-003.jpg   fart-4-17-2013-005.jpg  

Last edited by Honchey; 04-17-2013 at 06:45 PM.