Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 316 of 542 FirstFirst ... 216 266 306 315 316 317 326 366 416 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,900 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Thanks Honchey for asking, good to hear they're ok with what we're doing.

I made a fabric box, part of the Project of the Month here on the board. I made this one for Isa. The buttons are cats and one button is a paw Name:  fabricbox Isa (561 x 475).jpg
Views: 61
Size:  72.5 KB
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Cute basket, Anael. I can see you putting a photo of it into her photo album to tell her the story down the road when she is older.

Thanks QNS and thanks for that idea. I didn't think of that!

DS just told me the weather on Sat nite will be 3* below zero... Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! How do those of you in colder climes deal with it being colder than that???

Here's what I've been working on the past couple of days...it is the center for a "medallion/round robin" quilt here on the board. We make our own centers and add our own borders. I've wanted to make a quilt like this for a while...I'll do QAYG as I add each border. The block is called Irises and Lions from quilterscache.com It's a 18" square.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful, Carrie. Love the colors, design and size. Hope you share when it is completed.

Anael that is such a cute basket, I have seen the tutorial on them but don't see myself making one.

Carriem I love your block and your colour choices, are your fabrics batiks, it will be a stunning quilt, oh and I love medallions, think they just have that added pizzazz..

Thanks for letting me know what is happening Honchey, Mary Pfeiler from QOTS does not have an issue with what we are doing so that is good to know and also that she has been checking out our blocks and loves them all.

I have just returned from the Post Office where I set my January MB free and it is now winging its way to --------- where will it land????? Only one left to go and another great project finishes.
    Karen

Carrie - that medallion is beautiful. I love the fabric and colors you used! WOW!!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Thanks for the compliments. Mirabelle, yes, they are batiks. I bought them for the "Rosie" quilt originally, but didn't have enough contrast for the blocks. I've added a couple more fabrics and think I should have a good variety for this quilt.

Well I just got back from Brady we went on Sat. (Sue your package came in while we were gone! #2DSon was so excited ta see it.) I just sat here & read for over an hour tryin' ta git caught up! LOL I'm still coughin' but it's not gittin' me down.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Wow Carrie, that is one stunning block! I don't know what a Round Robin is. Do others add to your block? Do you have to send your block out?

Anael a Round Robin can be done two ways.
    1. you make the centre block and then it is sent to the next participant
    2. you make the centre block and add the rows yourself.
    Either way you follow a "recipe" ie first border may have to consist of squares and measure no more than 4 inches, second border may have to incorporate triangles and measure no more than ??? or you may have to add an applique border

I have participated in one and I vowed never never again, the whining and complaining was incredible, and the workmanship of a few participants left nothing to the imagination.
    I have a quilt in my lounge room that was sort of made as a Round Robin, I made the centre block and DD decided on what border had to be added. She said "Trust me Mum" so many times when I would question her choices that that is what I named the quilt
    There are a few book available on this type of quilt, they can be a lot of fun or a disaster, just depends on who you do it with

I have spent the day sorting out my project boxes and have 11 ufo's darn I was trying to keep it under 10, but I only have 6 rows to add to my Scrappy Stars and borders and it is finished so I just might get to that magic number soon
    Karen

Only 11
    Thanks for explaining. I think that's not for me, I would like to be in control of what's happening! I like the name 'Trust me Mum'. How did it turn out?

I finished my Rosie. Here she is!
    Name:  RosieFinished (617 x 631).jpg
Views: 69
Size:  137.3 KBName:  Detail FMQ (912 x 684).jpg
Views: 79
Size:  171.6 KB

Round Robin is when you add one and pass on to next candidate. Then other one will do his on it.

Anael I will take a photo tomorrow and post it, it is one of my favourite quilts.

ooohh and I love your quilting, that's another one finished
    Karen

Anael--I too really like your quilting. Someday, just maybe, I will be able to do som FMQ...so far just SITD and outlining. I am getting a little bored of that. Here is the link to the Medallion thread I am following along with: http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...g-t236801.html

Thanks Carrie! I read that thread shortly after it was first posted but didn't go there again. I will do so now!

Do you all remember my Funky Chicken quilt? That is on my UFO list as well and today I started quilting the think. Just echoing the chickens and SID. Lots of work though! Will keep me busy for a while

Honchey ... brrrrrrrr! That's about what it is here right now, at -19C with a feels like of -30C. And it is to get worse yet! We don;t have it this way all the time, but it seems this winter is going to continue to be brutish! As to how to deal with it, we just do! (with some whining added in!!!!)

Anael ... Cute! Now you have to make one for Bram too! Great job on Swirly Rosie! Your swirls are so even ... great start to a quilty New Year! Looks like you have some fun going on now with the Funky Chickens!

CarrieM ... Beautiful block to showecase all those lovely batiks! You are off to a great start for your RR

MiraB ... oh sure, show us how FEW you have!!! You've got me doing project boxes now. Some are just planned projects, never started, but lets me accumulate the fabrics or extra pattern ideas all together. So as I find something to add, it just slides in and is organized. I was so proud of myself yesterday as I worked on my ancient D4P as I kept putting the fabrics and parts back in the box in between use! Wonder how long this concept of organization will last?

Take care everyone ........... stay warm!!
    Of course, that goes for you too MiraB ... don;t turn that a/c up too high!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, Do any of you follow the free blocks from Quiltpro.com...they have a block of the day and it's free to anyone...it seems there's a fascination with little blocks lately and I'm wondering if we, as a group would like to do some and see where it goes..I'm going to check with the site to see what I can or cannot post first...Think about it ...

Anael...your quilting is beautiful!
    QuiltE...it's about 20 degrees here with lazy snow. So beautiful and I don't have to go anywhere and the house is warm so I am enjoying it.
    Honchey...I see the SYE for January is up. Thanks. I'll post the first block soon.
    Carrie...what a gorgeous medallion quilt you will have.
    Mirabelle...so 10 is the magic number? Are you counting flimsies or do you even believe in them and get everything quilted right away?
    i have about half of BH's mystery quilt blocks together. I love how it's turning out. I have begun to kit up blocks using up scraps and those "what was I thinking" pieces that just never go away. There are times I just want to sew and I do love piecing. I am ready to get serious with my appliqué project. I finally decided on the main colors so it's time to trace the pattern and start sewing.
    Have a good day!

Thank you all ! ! !
    8 Chickens down, 4 to go and all the SID and sashing. More coffee

Anne, I love those little blocks and have been making a lot of them. The Christmas ornament blocks were really cute. Of course they end up in The Box; can't decide what to do with them. Would welcome suggestions.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

I have ask and ended up sending a bunch to GG and some to OksewGlad. If they are not too busy, they might tell you yes or no...or check out the other areas of QB for charitable gifting. Both are very busy folks, so they may have their hands full.

Not sure of that site, Honchey...one does require you to join to get the free stuff...no charge, but you do have to check out to get the free pattern. I have so many resources in my home, I am not purchasing very many or looking for any more these days. And my platter of plans is getting very full; but I would consider working in a few with the group action if that is what they want to do.

It was soooo cold this morning , the ducks came out and went back in their house.

Honchey I checked out QuiltPro website and the blocks looks similar to FWS, but have joined anyway so will get the daily e-mails, so if we decide to do anything I will be good to go

QuiltE I knew I could get you organised I love my project boxes (plastic containers really) everything is together and nothing gets lost (or used for other projects)

GGal I have no flimsies, got all my quilt tops quilted and bound before Christmas so I get to start the New Year off with an almost clean slate. My ufo's are really wip's as they are nowhere near completion. So I am just plodding along

Here is a very bad photo of my Round Robin quilt. I made the centre block and DD decided on fabric and design for the rest. When she told me I had to add the limey green strip to my block I said "no way" but she said "trust me Mum" and that was pretty much the conversation for this whole quilt. And as you can see we used rose fabrics imagine that. I love this quilt and get to look at it every day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

I forgot to mention that it is hot here hot hot hot. 36 celcius which is 96.8 Fahrenheit but not as hot as where I used to live. According to the weather reports it is hitting 45 there today which is 113 Fahrenheit. Gee I miss my pool....
    Karen

Page 316 of 542 FirstFirst ... 216 266 306 315 316 317 326 366 416 ... LastLast