Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 317 of 542 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307 316 317 318 327 367 417 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,925 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Blog Entries
    Normal is the setting on my washing machine.--thanks for the laugh Janie!!

I've been peeking in every once in a while just to keep caught up and to recharge the brain off of numbers and spreadsheets!
    Oh such great eye candy from you guys. I'm so jealous that you are able to create. Your pieces are all so pretty and uniquely yours.
    I think I'm going to head to the sewing area for a bit and get a certain little 4" block done. Maybe will help me get back on the bookwork track. Dangerous windchills tonight--brrrr. Was nice when I went to the mail box, fed the birds and emptied out the compost this morning.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

OH, Sue! I opened the package ya sent yesterday & put it aside for DSon ta eat the cookies. He was excited ta see it & ate a couple o' cookies right away. Taday I took it all out & saw the darlin' li'le yellow flower pin cushion! It's so cute! Thank You so much!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Mirabelle, she was right.......the quilt is gorgeous!!

The 'It's OK if you sit on my quilt' book came to mind but I would like to add 'but wait till I'm finished'
    Name:  IMG_0036 (912 x 684).jpg
Views: 84
Size:  117.2 KB

11 birds down, 1 to go but that's going to be a problem. Yes Mirabelle, I'm not the boss around here
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

So here they are. I just noticed a spot I forgot to quilt so back to the machine it is
    The quilt:
    Name:  Top quilting in progress (684 x 912).jpg
Views: 88
Size:  173.3 KB

Detail of the echo quilting (the colours are off but this way you can see what I've done)
    Name:  detail quilting (912 x 684).jpg
Views: 84
Size:  137.3 KB

Anael they are beautiful birds, and your quilting is perfect, well done exactly what was needed. Love the KK and you just reminded me that I have that book my Mary Ellen Hopkins, now where could it be

SO is that 2 that can be taken off the ufo list ???????????????

I have spent the day working on my Scrappy Stars, managed to get 2 more rows attached but I have run out of blocks so I have to make 38 more. I only have 4 rows to go and this is an almost finish. I also appliqued 2 leaves on my Sylvia block
    Karen

No not yet, I'm doing SID now and it needs binding I guess
    WOW 2 leaves on your Sylvia block. Just 6 more to go

I've been looking for that book, found it a few times but never ordered. Don't know why not.

Anael--love the colors in your bird quilt. The back looks like fun fabric too. Your KK sure is a little spoiled. I think my Ginger would lay on my quilts in progress if she could get on the table. (80lb rottweiler) LOL

It is cold here this morning...again. Negative 10 and thankfully rising. I don't like cold, but don't think I would like the hot, hot, hot you're having either Mirabelle! I guess I am happy to live where I do where we have 4 seasons and nothing lasts tooooo long. Schools are delayed 2 hrs "for extreme cold".

I am planning to spend sometime in the clubhouse. I need some quiet time to relax...DMIL hasn't been doing very well the past month or so and it is starting to wear on me (going to check on her almost daily, picking up groc and prescription and taking to appts). My homeschooled children get the day off...I figure next week wiil be soon enough to start again.

Thanks Carrie. Yes she is spoiled. I move her when I want to quilt and she gets angry with me. I can imagine Ginger having a hard time getting on the table

We're having the 'hottest' January 3rd since over a hundred years. It's almost 12C here but it's raining all day so I'm staying in quilting

Carrie, I loved we retired here and not down where it was *hot*, and even though I hate cold weather it will change and I can dress for it. Love it here, not where we worked for many years in hot weather year around. Love the four seasons, growing up in Iowa, guess it just calls to me, that my heart is here forever. (Ok, we are close to Iowa, just over the border by eight miles) Yes, we are all getting older, not younger, and has we age, we lose a lot of ability to care for ourselves and mobility of getting about, too. It is a blessing that younger members of the family step up and care for the elderly in the family. People are living longer, too, so what is old???

Mirabelle, you may hit more than 36 quilts this year, since you posted the first one barely into the first month of the year. Another amazing, beautiful quilt finished.

Anael, love your chicken quilt and your quilting...you too are beginning early in the year, racking up the numbers of things you finish for the year.

Keep warm and safe, folks.

Im Back!!! oh its good to have internets again

it looks like I need to drive over to the mailbox and pick up my package from NinaSue

I catch up with you ladies later its so good to see everyone!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

The Funky Chicken quilt is finished! Another UFO done
    Name:  Top finished (684 x 912) (513 x 684).jpg
Views: 56
Size:  98.1 KB

Congrats Anael! Two finished quilts in three days, that's great!!!

Thanks Carrie. This one took a lot of hours to finish! But I'm very happy it's done. Now to find a place to show it

Blog Entries
    Oh Anael, I love the colors with the funky chickens and the fabric in the tail of the close up--"spot on!"

Last night got a UFO done. QE is going to be delighted, I think I'm the last of the siggie block to wander in.

Carrie, so sorry your MIL is ailing. For everything there is a season....., that time is now for her and you will always be grateful of the time you spent for and with her. Love your MB blocks and the medallion center.

DDamsel-sew glad to see you drop in! You've been like me--kind of out of the loop.

dublb, hope you're feeling better--nothing like a package to cheer one up is there?

And to the rest of you--I'm back in the office mode today and will try to surface later this evening and may work on another UFO to reward myself for hard work. Temps above zero, but like Carrie says--wind and next week is going to be worse. Kids start school on Monday. Looks like QNS will be getting snow, too.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Anael...you are becoming a second Mirabelle with your beautiful quilting and finishes! Very nice work indeed.
    Mirabelle....oh dear. Counting flimsies as UFO's just upped my count and I was feeling so good about what I had gotten out of the project boxes. I manage mine pretty much like you described and I have a limited space to keep them in so they have to get emptied before I go too far with something new. My appliqué project hasn't really found a home yet. So much of it will be out of my scrap bins.
    DD...nice you stopped by. I've been thinking about you and the weather that seems to come from your area. It was minus 6 this morning. Bright and beautiful right now.
    carrie...it's nice for your DMIL that you can help her. Keep taking time for yourself without any guilt. This won't last forever.
    Those of you in the East NA, stay warm! The cold is coming and we are preparing to send more snow your way next week after it passes here. This is turning out to be a real winter!

Carrie, I'm sorry your DMIL isn't well. I hope you did get some clubhouse time today!

GG, no, no second Mirabelle. I never will be able to finish 36 projects in one year. Oh well, potholders maybe

Your bad weather is on the news here. I hope you're all well, stay safe and warm!

Blog Entries
    Okay took a picture of my first UFO now FO. If interested go to:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...ml#post6490236 Post 57

and QE--don't peek
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Very good to hear from all of you..With all this Winter weather it's good to know that all are safe & sound..oh, and with internet I know what that's like...

I just checked out Ok's Challenge and it's so wonderful..it was a challenge for sure!!!

Everyone's been busy finishing their UFO's so nice to see all the finishes...I'm still plodding along at my own pace and will get them done eventually????

It's a quiet day here.. around 9" of beautiful fluffy snow fell during the night...Icicles are hanging around the house...Dh has been knocking them off with a long broom...The sun is shining...I have no idea of how cold it it outside...dishwasher is running...clothes in the washer & dryer...everything is humming along nicely except the sewing machine...will get to that shortly.. about time after a long hiatus...Have to start thinking about the MB for this month...

Have received a response from Quiltpro...they will need to discuss the matter further as to what we can do here on the board...

Mirabelle, do you have any of the SYES's cutting info before November ? if you do please email it to me when you can..thanks,H.
    Have a good day all...H.

OK, it was worth waiting for!

Love, love, love your Funky Chicken Anael. Such bright beautiful colors, I bet your sweet grandchildren will love to look at it. They say infants like bright colors! I like what you did with the quilting as well, it sets off those chickens beautifully.

Carrie, so sorry about your DMIL's health. All you can do is try to keep her comfortable, it is the pits getting old! My arthritic finger is aching the past few days. I hate to take even Advil, but I have to when it acts up, it helps a lot. Thank goodness I can still get relief from over the counter medications.

OK and DD - thanks for stopping bye! We miss you guys!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

QuiltE will just love that block OK! Great Job!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I'm calling it a day! I sandwiched the next UFO, took me over an hour to get it right. Hopefully it will still be ok tomorrow I have to hide it from the KK

QNS that medallion quilt was made almost 8 years ago, haven't finished anything for this year yet

Welcome back DD nice to hear from you.

Carriem you will remember these times with your MIL as treasured memories.

Anael you go girl number three UFO about to be finished

Honchey I have all the notes so will send today via e-mail, I think I only need to send the first 6, just let me know if I forget any.

Have a great day everyone
    Karen

Sorry folks .... but I don't think I am meant to chat with you tonight!

First ... I had a reply typed out, and accidentally erased it.
    Started again.
    Then had re-typed and continued on with more comments ... and then accidentally closed the tab when I switched between tabs.

arrgghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, sorry ... not going back to it all!

The eye candy has been a welcome site, amidst the bitter ccccccccccccold!

However, a personal note to OKSGlad ... --blink--blink--blink-- Am I getting mail??? Now that's quit the "finish"!! I am honoured! I will not peek! I will not peek!! I will not peek!!! (that is unless I am told to do so!) Obedient soul I am!! Though all those comments have me totally intrigued!!!!!!!!

To Carrie'sKids ... move to Ontario. School does not go back til Monday!
    Carrie ... I am sure you are a good caregiver for your DMIL. Just be sure to have some downtime, to recharge your batteries and so you will not come to resent what you are doing ... IOW, share with your husband!

Remember that D4P I said I was working on? I'm not sure what I was thinking but it is a 4PP!!!!
    (MiraB ... I even had the project box labelled as D4P )
    Anyways it is now all together and awaiting borders. Amazingly, I even know what that will be, so soon! The plan is to complete it as a flimsy with the backing cut and binding ready. Then set aside and do the same with two other near-to-finish quilt tops.

Keep Warm, Everyone except MiraB who should crank up that a/c!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blog Entries
    Yes QE it's in the mail flying to Ontario--just got back from town. You won't believe how long it took for me to make it!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Page 317 of 542 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307 316 317 318 327 367 417 ... LastLast