Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 328 of 542 FirstFirst ... 228 278 318 327 328 329 338 378 428 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,200 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Honchey, I'm very sorry you feel so bad. (((HUGS)))
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Honchey... I am so sorry you are having a rough time. I sure hope things turn around for you soon.

QNS....

Maybe this will help you see what I meant

Name:  DSC04938.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  320.7 KB

Name:  DSC04937.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  323.2 KB

CarrieM ... hope that you are "taking it easy" and not feeling too frustrated with that requirement! Time to be the organizer/manager and give DH and your kids their lists to do!

JeanieG ... Must be fun to get those surprise bags! Do I predict some more BH style quilts to use up all those Sizzix precuts? Oh myyyyyyyy look at Miss Aubree, with her GGran. So precious!! What a fun sweatshirt to have .... maybe you will have to write in all the extra Grands and GGs? OR a hint to them that it;s time to get Grandma a new sweatshirt?

Honchey and JeanieG ... great block. Love those batik selections

QNSue ...
    What a wonderful double set of fabrics for your DJ's. Now to start! They really are just like doing your FWS and PC blocks. Just smaller. I started with the first one, and am somewhat going in order, with some hopscotching around. With your past PP skills, I'm sure you will have not problem working on these. Your Irish Mist is looking great, though I would lean to JanieW's advice being that she is doing the quilt along with you, and more familiar with the pattern.

JanieW ... looking forward to seeing your Irish Mist and wondering what colours/fabrics you have chosen

JanRN ... hey, the coaster comment was a pick up from your 111 FWS pot holders that you kept saying you were making! You're doing just fine!

MiraB ... oh yes, please do tell us as to your DJ plans! Knowing you, it will be done in record time ... and with an unique spin to it! Can't help but wonder about what fabrics you will choose!

DublB ... Happy 31st!

Honchey ... how exciting ... a new machine! Please do tell what the IDT is all about? A great way to take your blues away about your tooth and knee.

All's good here!
    And now ... back to WORK!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Aye, I agree that would be better. I will probably do that when I go back to work on it. Its resting on the back 'burner' again.

Have to take my DH to the doctor this afternoon and probably back to hometown to pick up antibotics; his gums are swollen so much they are creating a problem swallowing and breathing. Yes, he is taking aspirin substitutes to reduce the swelling, but its the infection there that is causing the swelling.

Sorry, Honchey, for all your problems. Our dentist told DH not to have implanted teeth; they had problems with them too. Good luck to you; sounds like you have a good dentist. May your flight be a pleasant one. A new sewing machine? That would be nice to own another good used machine.

Just checking in to say "hi"...I am taking it easy. Just school for the kids in the morning, then tv/computer. Not real exciting but at least I can come here and see what you are all up to. My elbow feels a little better each day. I might be able to sew by the end of next week. I am glad I have some things cut out since I don't know how long it will be before I can use a rotary cutter. I am not supposed to lift 15lbs for 6 weeks...LQS owner said I need to ask if that means no pressure...not sure how much force one uses to cut fabric!

The good thing is the following week (wk 7) is my Spring Retreat, so at least I have something to look forward to. I have everything cut for a quilt I plan to get put together at the retreat. I just need to buy backing/batting so if I get the blocks done and in rows I can start quilting it too. (QAYG)

Time to ice and take more ibuprofen...have a great day!!

QuiltE,

We are not following the pattern for the corners so I think that is where we are going astray. They tell us to randomly place the 2.5" squares to make them pleasing to the eye and we both prefer the more structured light/dark alternating diagonals.

I didn't choose my fabric. It's a kit from Ladybug Hill quilt shop. it has the Springtime in the Rockies batiks and Stonehenge fabrics. I would have chosen fabrics with more contrast, but the kit was a real bargain and saved me the problem of choosing my own.

carriem, I sure hope your shoulder issues gets resolved soon. I have chronic shoulder pain so I have a wee idea of what you are enduring.

QNS, save travels and I hope you get your husband on the mend soon.

JanieW ... gotchya! Now I see why the confusion on the placement. Now I remember you buying that kit and how the price was almost too good to believe! Still looking forward to seeing the differences between yours and QNS's!

Will catch up with everyone shortly, I have a very busy day ahead of me, but in the meantime run on over to the RV for Date and Walnut Roll and Caramel Walnut Slice before DH gets home and it is all gone

And yes I have decided to join in on the fun with Dear Jane
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

Yea for MiraB .... and with delicious goodies to celebrate!

Mirab..HaHaHa, couldn't resist could you??? recipes please????

QNS, OH how I can empathize with your DH..that is so painful...

My dentist considers me one of the family and told me that removing the tooth etc, would be the last resort and he will try to save the tooth rather than take the easy way out...I hope it works...I'll be having the cap removed then he'll rework the root canal , treat it then have a temp cap on it for awhile to see if it is successful...I'll be having it done when I return from my stay in NC...hopefully there won't be any complications while I'm there...

Three cheers for Mirabelle joining the Dear Jane group. And that wonderful smell is easy to imagine looking at her bakery goods!

QuiltE, the kits that Janie and I are doing are the same kits and the same fabric. I am making the 2nd one for dh that is different fabric. It is because Janie is helping me that the first one is almost finished...she has been a very good quilt buddy on this project.

AOK, I will myself and ask Where are the PC riders.? Everyone busy....or quilting???

Hi QNS--I am here reading, but not doing a lot of typing. My elbow continues to improve. I had to take my MIL to get bloodwork done this morning and get a few groceries so am pretty worn out this afternoon.

Mirabelle, that looks delicious. Recipes please
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

I got my new dresser today for all my fat quarter and scrap fabrics, and with the new cabinet in the garage, my whole sewing room is torn apart! I'm taking a shelf at a time in the closet shelf unit and deciding whether to keep the stuff in the house, or move it to the garage storage. The obvious for the garage was all the batting and backings I've accumulated. That emptied several shelves.

Also to the garage went my 1962 Singer 503 sewing machine I purchased new. I think it costs $300 back then, and if I paid it off in three months there were no finance charges. That was my first major purchase after I got my first full time job.

Soooo, I am working away in my sewing room today.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I finally found the cord to the usb card reader and will upload a few photos that I promised to show...I just have to get my camera from the car to get the card....I'm also trying to get a few things together to take with me on my plane ride...it's going to feel very strange...I haven't flown in several years...
    I picked up my new to me PFAFF expressions 2096...I have to clean it up a bit...it sews beautifully ..nice & quiet...

QNS...how is DH feeling??? better I hope...

going to have some supper then to the car....

Im here! just skulking about.... taking it easy today
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel View Post
    Im here! just skulking about.... taking it easy today
    I'll skulk about with you!
    (but I have not been taking it easy today ... WORK commanded my attention! gggrrrrr!!!)

I'm not a happy camper taday. I'm not gonna complain alot. I'm havin' a hard time w/the Bernina software downloadin' onta my Mac Book Pro. I have ta either git a cheap used laptop w/Windows on it or use BootCamp ta run Windows on my lap top. I was so busy last year that I didn't git all o' this done yet & am ready ta start usin' my embroidery machine, well more than the designs that are already on my machine. DH has found some used laptops for us ta look at when we git back, but we are headed ta Brady in th'mornin'. I could have written a book about how upset I am but I'm gonna just go on from here.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Dublb, you can use a 'stick' and put the design on those. I get into trouble trying to format in the Bernina language.of Exp. Maybe your dealer can help.

I went ta my dealer & she wasn't able ta load the software onta my computer. All designs that aren't Bernina have ta go through the Art Link program by Bernina. It is Art Link that can only use Windows. I have fussed about it for about 4 hours. I guess fussin doesn't help. LOL Time for me ta put my Big girl panties on & go on w/my life.
    Bev

No help from me on that techie stuff, DublB ... we often see that there are Yahoo groups focused to things like that. Maybe you can find one to get some help there??

On the MB front .............
    I mailed my January MB off this afternoon to __________? or was it __________?
    Only two left ... so you are 50% likely to receive it, once the huskies make their way!!

Sorry I am a bit late ... was I the last one to send this month?

Have no idea, QuiltE. Maybe PC riders will post again.

My MB is poised and ready to be mailed at the right time. It took a letter I mailed (from post box to carrier to PO) to our medical clinic, 20 minutes away from here, three weeks to arrive there. Go figure where all it went.

Good luck, Dublb. Sounds like you have more answers than I do. Dealer put one design on a 'stick' for me to use. Got a bigger stick with more memory for her to alter with two disks to go on that stick, but have not had contact since last September. It takes a lot of time to format the disk/stick correctly to use....art.link whatever and exp. files. I am not paying out $2300 for the design studio to create embroidery designs on Bernina. Maybe we should have bought a different embroidery machine....I do not have an answer. I hope you find your answer.

Yes, Honchey, my dh is feeling better with the help of the antibiotics.

It came up a big snow storm this evening, whitened the ground, and blow off else where,...wind was up to about 30 knots according to dh. Iowa's weather is expected to hit 50 this Sunday.

Doesn't the emb machine come with some sort of software that allows you to organize your designs on a cp? I have designs on the computer that I have downloaded from the internet...all I do is transfer them to my stick that goes into the machine...The only time I would need the $$$$$software would be when I want to create my own design...If you purchase a cd with designs on it you just load it to the cp then transfer the designs to a stick to use in the machine..

Oh and I haven't made my MB yet..it's still in the works...I better get it done before Wed.

Artlink is free & I should have downloaded it earlier, or found out that I can't. There is another software on Bernina's website that ya cna use ta make your own designs & that is $2000. My problem comes in the fact that I have an apple product.
    Sue this is the link ta the free download. If ya have a Windows machine that is.
    http://www.bernina.com/en-US/Products-us/BERNINA-products-us/BERNINA-Software-us/BERNINA-embroidery-software-us/ArtLink-Six-en
    The spot ta start the download is at the bottom o' the page.
    (Maybe your right we should have bought a different machine!!!)
    I was very frustrated. I was even mad at myself for not findin' out sooner. I know I had a lot on my plate last year but I should have checked inta it this earlier. What I have ta do is go from here. I'm gonna be happy that I have a ton o' sewin' machines, a wonderful new house w/a large (though very messy) sewin' room, a wonderful house in Brady, A great DH, a great Family...... I could go on & on & on. (Order isn't important!) I'm gonna count my blessin's & be happy.
    Bev

Page 328 of 542 FirstFirst ... 228 278 318 327 328 329 338 378 428 ... LastLast