Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 345 of 542 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335 344 345 346 355 395 445 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,625 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel View Post
    OOoooohhhh TOOTHY BABIES!!! that Pic just made my day

RE the WINTER Olympics! I am enjoying every minute! we are just a LITTLE bit obsessed in our snowy state
    And such talented athletes this year!!
    I have to laugh every time I see this picture! I love Bram and his two teeth He has more but doesn't show them!

Mirabelle, gorgeous block! 12" square? QuiltE is right, that would make a gorgeous quilt
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Blog Entries
    Hey it's warming up a bit here--just above freezing!
    Four small quilts for church charity--check. They all have high loft batting so are really cushy. A big thanks again for the flathead pins, QNS. They worked great holding the self binding in place as I sewed them down.
    Now back to some mini's.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

You are most welcome, OksewGlad, for the pins. I looked at them long and hard and thought "Quilters can always use pins"....so I put them back for the quilters I knew. I think its great what you are doing for others; as many on this site do for others also....desire a big hug...so a {[(Hug)]} for those who so generously donate to the worthwhile causes.

Anael....great picture of the Grands! What a difference a year makes, huh?
    Mirabelle...beautiful block. Will nicely show off on the new stand.
    DD...enjoy your sister time.
    Goals are good for me. I would have forgotten the borders for Ocean Waves if I hadn't written it down. Got them all cut today and I like how they are turning out.
    Here is this week's star. Name:  photo-53.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  210.8 KB

Oh my gosh, you guys have been really chatty the last few days. I have been reading all my threads for over an hour! We just got home from our Rally with our RV group. We had wonderful weather - mid 70's all week - such luck for a February trip, when we never know what to expect in the way of weather! I have to finish up my last MB and get it in the mail. I'll do that tomorrow! Wouldn't you know it - the block did not match up in the middle like it was suppose too, have to take it apart and re-do it! Darn!

Great blocks everyone, and Anael - those photos of the SewGrands are wonderful. Such happy looking babies!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Just catching up with everyone...lots going on. Good to hear from so many the last few days. I am thankful for a little warmer weather today. Even got to the clubhouse for a little bit to do some straightening up. I will have time to sew tomorrow afternoon.

I got my new laptop and am getting things set up, installed, etc. I was able to get the Mac downloads from quilt-pro, which is really good since I don't have all of my 50 stars printed out yet and the one PC we still have won't work with our printer! My only quilt program I haven't tried to install yet is the EQ Dear Jane one...I know it is for Windows OS, so need to install another program to run it through or something like that. I am not ready to use it just yet and will get to it later. I figure I'll learn the new computer first!

Hey Ya'll! Lots agoin' on. I got QE's MB in the mail taday. WOW it's lovely.
    My DSis was over & my MB's were out. She was askin' about the layout & kinda got excited about 'em. She & I also went inta my sewin' room & discussed how we are gonna git it arraigned. She & I have several ideas on how ta git it tagether. I also told her that this year is gonna be a quiltin' year. Actual quiltin' o' a ton o' my UFO tops.
    I still haven't heard a thing from the DR. I haven't hurt since Sun. Hmmm or was it Mon? I feel like my trip was canceled for nothin'! I'm so frustrated!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

QNS I am glad you got the e-mail ---eventually ---- maybe cyber space was taking a day off

DDamsel I hope you enjoy the Paleo Diet, I have been doing something very similar for the past 3 months and have lost 9.5 kilos or 20 lbs. I do attend the Weight Watchers meetings but don't follow their guidelines, I go more for the weekly weigh-in. It is not easy giving up bread and pasta but after a while you don't miss it.

GGal I love your block, the fabric is perfect and look at those points, wow and its a star, my favourite blocks

Bev do take care, even if you are feeling better.

JeanieG and Carriem - nice to hear from both of you

I have spent the day at patchwork, left home at 7am, got there at 8.30 cause I had to hit all the morning commuter traffic and all I managed to sew all day was one star block. Got home around 4.30 this afternoon and now I am tired and ready for bed. So I will catch you all tomorrow.
    Have a good evening/morning/afternoon where ever you are
    Karen

We have new snow this morning....just when the ground was peaking through on the place...it really covered it up again. Sigh. Well, its not Spring yet. Dh off to the dentist this morning for the last of the gum work. Yes, he drove the 4 x 4.

You all take care and stay safe.

Good morning, everyone. I've been reading for the past hour and catching up on all the posts. What a wonderful way to start the day. I feel like I've been to breakfast with all my good friends. I'm glad everyone is doing well and oh, so busy. Lots of pics & news to catch up on.

It's Friday morning and I am NOT working--Yay!! We hired (another) new girl; actually she worked there before so needed very little training. Work has actually been boring (read normal LOL) without addicts, strippers, and baby mama dramas. Keep your fingers crossed that this one works out and I can continue just working on Mondays only.

It's snowing here again so this is a good day to stay in and get caught up on chores and then hopefully get to the Bat Cave. Gosh, I miss sewing everyday! Stay warm & do something you love today--after all, it's Valentine's Day.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

I can stay warm now, this is my new cardigan. I knitted it when I couldn't sew last year and finished it yesterday. It's nice, very soft and warm
    Name:  vest (403 x 604).jpg
Views: 84
Size:  57.9 KB

OMG QNS - those cookies look marvelous. I've never seen a chocolate chip recipe like that one. Can't believe you have to refrigerate it for 36 hours! Weird! I did copy it into Living Cookbook. I also got hung up on the Chicken site! How I loved my chickens when I raised them. Most of mine were Rhode Island Reds. However, we did have a couple of Aracanas, which laid the colored eggs. How fun that was for our kids! There were incubated in one of my children's classrooms.

Anael - that sweater is amazing! All the cable stitching - WOW! I think I've only tried that once or twice, when I first learned to knit. You indeed are a talented knitter, as well as quilter!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Thank you QNS and Jeanie. I won't show the huge mistake I made Found out when all parts were sewn together.....

GG, beautiful Star block!

♥♥♥♥♥Happy Valentine's Lovies♥♥♥♥♥

OKSGlad ...
    sure, let us know you are having a hot flash!!!!
    Of course, you know we are all wanting to see pics of the church minis!

GGal ... oooooooh your brown star beauty! Yes, the goals have been helping me too!

JeanieG ... Welcome Back!!!!!

CarrieM ... yea for the new computer boo for the techie issues!

DublB ... glad that your/my MB has arrived. Hope it coordinates with the rest of the group. Are you setting your room up so your sister can sew at your place too? Perhaps "no news is good news" re your test results?

MiraB ... good to "see" you even if only a fleeting pass thru! Sleep well, dear friend ... which by now means you will soon be up and looking for that first jolt of caffeine! Congratulations on your downward spiral!! .... is WW pretty much not a paleo plan?

JanRN ... Great News .... better go celebrate with a FART!!

Anael ... Such a lovely sweater and look at all those cables, ridges and fancy work! Incredibly well done!!!!

QNSue .... Tempting us!!

Booster Club Report .......... a January and February goal for the Booster Club have been completed

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...41121.html#top
    Last edited by QuiltE; 02-14-2014 at 01:25 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Great job, QuiltE!

Blog Entries
    QE, so you finished one and created another. UFO project could be a perpetual project machine!!! Just lovely!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    QE, so you finished one and created another. UFO project could be a perpetual project machine!!! Just lovely!
    Yes ... from one UFO and onto another!

I'm OK if I end up with finished tops .... the decisions are all made and the sewing done. Except of course, for the quilting. When I get them this far, the binding is ready too. I have not done that yet either, as I have not decided whether it will be the same as the Valentine print? or to use a plain black? Once I have the backing bought, I will make that decision and have the binding ready, for when that time comes. Then all any leftover fabrics can snuggle back into the stash with their buddies!

So with my January Booster Club goals ... I now have four quilt tops in the stable.
    February is to have one of them sandwiched and the quilting started.

Anael--beautiful sweater...I wish you lived closer and could teach me to do that!

QE--very nice finishes. Maybe for the last heart you can make your February block (like you did the snowflake for Jan)?

*ding* *ding* *ding*

The winner is
    CarrieM ...............................

Thanks for the compliments

Carrie, I could show you how to do it with pictures if you want to. It really isn't hard.

Hey Ya'll I have pictures. What upsets me is I forgot ta take picts o' the walhangin' I finished handquiltin'. I also forgot ta buy the bindin' fabric for it while I was at the LQS taday. It's the FFC walhangin I made. Sigh maybe tamarrow.
    First here are the DOT blocks that were made for the cancer patient. I didn't git a pict o' the dots though.
    Name:  DOT Cancer Blocks #2.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  63.3 KB
    Night.
    Name:  DOT Cancer Blocks #3.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  66.4 KB
    Evenin'
    Name:  DOT Cancer Blocks #4.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  64.7 KB
    Day

This one I tried ta use perment felt pens. They were great till I added the Inktense. The Inktense is mixed w/Aloe Vera gel. The gel made the dry (& already heat set) ink bleed. It blead more everytime I washed it. I didn't send it in.
    It's also a day picture.
    Name:  DOT Cancer Blocks #5 (Not sent).jpg
Views: 71
Size:  53.2 KB
    These are the roses DH brought me at lunch.
    Name:  Roses 2014 #1.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  59.6 KBName:  Roses 2014 #2.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  51.9 KB
    Last edited by dublb; 02-15-2014 at 12:38 AM.
    Bev

Here are my MB's!
    First the one from Honchey.
    Name:  MB Jan (from Honchey).jpg
Views: 67
Size:  71.9 KB

This one is from QE!
    Name:  MB Feb (From QE).jpg
Views: 64
Size:  70.1 KB

Now all 14 tagether.
    Name:  MB (all 14 tagether).jpg
Views: 62
Size:  44.5 KB
    I'm really not happy w/this layout though. It's gonna have too much muslin in the middle. Even makin' 3 more blocks ta add ta the bottom isn't gonna make up for the empty middle. I'll play w/'em some more till I git it right.
    Bev

Anael I love your cardigan, wish I lived in a colder climate I would join you in knitting wonderful creations..

Bev what a beautiful group of wallhangings, and a sweet DH buying you roses, I can smell them from here...
    Love all your blocks laid out, it will be a wonderful memory quilt for you to snuggle under.

This is what I have been working on for the past week, still have a few more blocks to sew together for a couple more rows, then back to piecing these little 3 inch blocks, its not making a dent in the scraps. I am sure they breed at night I am only working on a quarter of the quilt, don't know what size it will end up that depends on the scrap supply and how long it takes me to get sick of doing it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

Mirabelle, you can knit a cotton cardigan. In winter it might be chilly where you live? I love your Geese project! I guess I have to send my scraps to you so they can learn how to breed

Bev, great wallhangings and wonderful roses! The empty middle is a FMQ challenge

Page 345 of 542 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335 344 345 346 355 395 445 ... LastLast