Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-30-2013, 09:27 AM

I think all of you have seen quilts of schoolhouses, houses, city scenery, barns and silos...each house gets its own block. Can be detailed with curtains and flower boxes or simplify with just the barest of details and pieces pieced together with windows. thought I'd email each of you the proposed block of your house before its release to everyone else in PC by email. That way they stay with the members and not the public who reads our email...it will be up to each individual to whom the pattern is released too...does that make sense???

Honchey, that sounds like a real quilt store sale. Lucky you that even without a car, you made the sale!!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:21 PM

I do have Lorraine Stangness book City Streets and Country Lanes to get ideas from also.

Sorry to report my Six halves and a whole lot more book has disappeared on me. Lucky I scanned the 12 pages of instruction into my computer...is my dh rubbing off on me??? Usually I am organized and he loses everything from eye glasses to car keys to finding anything in his shop. I remember having it at my computer desk...but its not now. I can look, and look or buy a second copy...Yep its right where I left, on the scanner top!!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:30 PM
Power Poster

Just got back from trip to town--ran a bunch of errands. First stop USPS--MB should arrive on Friday! Sorry it's a little late. The new shuttle in the machine makes such a quiet sound and I think it stitches nicer. In spite of being late on my April block. I'm almost done with my May block--how can that be?

Happy Belated BD Bev. Sorry you can't buy a rain--how frustrating for all. No idea on your antique.

DD that scrappy block has such a great setting. dublb. Can't wait to get your name and make a fun block-hmmm thinking--thinking.
It's SewGrand that Bram and Isa are CuddleTwins! Anael won't be getting any sewing done as she will be glued to the baby screen! Do you hail "God Save the King" like the English do? Will you still celebrate the Queen's BD? I'm surprised how much orange clothing the two Dutch GK's wear! Almost as much as R/W/B clothes.

With your drawing talents, it will be interesting to see your quilt, QNS. Oh a picture of my house and barn together--not sure if that's possible. Our lane rises up to the house--plateaus off and then descends to the barn. Both buildings are set into the same hillside--just at the opposite side of the hill! Oh and my back door faces the road--I wanted to use my front door--so made it convenient for me.

I've seen an RV doll quilt here on the board. jillnjo would be happy to tell you where she got the pattern. Tell her oksewglad sent you!
http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...21-311058t.jpg
http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...21-311057t.jpg
Isn't this cute?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]410950[/ATTACH]

Kids are in school here until June 5th. They started around the 20th of August and have snow days built into their schedule--just not enough this year.
Whoa Honchey is not on a fabric moratorium!!! Can't pass up such good buys, now can you?

I'm going to take a nap--shh I worked until 5:00 AM in the office this morning--had 4 hours of sleep and boy is it catching up. Should be outside as it's supposed to start raining and get cold later on this week. Oh back to the sewing room transfer then. Yeah Later.
Attached Thumbnails b32a07d8b9b5c032176f1f53a0bd008a.jpg  
Old 04-30-2013, 05:04 PM

I've picked out my fabrics for my for my May block & do know what block I'm gonna do for my May block. It is one I've done before so "should" come tagether easy. I've said that before. LOL
Old 04-30-2013, 06:30 PM

OK--that is a very cute RV block.

QNS--you'll have to be sure to include our "virtual RV" in your house quilt.

I made some good progress on my airplane blocks. Should be able to get them all finished on Thursday. Then I will start working on the propellers...not sure how many of those I will need yet, but they are only 4" finished so should go together quickly.

Everyone must be busy today! Pretty quiet here...
Old 04-30-2013, 06:30 PM

I need some advice on Blueberry bushes...The ground under my home and some of the surrounding area was treated for termites...they do that here in my area for all buildings...I planted 2 blueberry bushes 2.5 feet from the house in the back yard....I never thought about the insecticide in the ground before I did that...I won't eat any of the berries now because of that...If I prune them after the fruit ripens and move them would I be able to eat the berries next year or should I just dig them up and throw them in the community compost???

A couple of photos of the result of my 2 last Farts and of the "Pretty Dresses" quilt in the store.

There's a total of 40 yds and it averaged out @ $3 a yard....

I cut out one of the "pretty dresses" ...

I have a second row of the 5 at Five quilt which will be 4 x 5 for mine....I don't like square quilts...
I have my May MB done and getting ready for the June list of names...
Attached Thumbnails fabric-001.jpg   fabric-002.jpg   fabric-004.jpg   fabric-003.jpg   berries-004.jpg  

Last edited by Honchey; 04-30-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:41 PM

I found this fabric months ago and downloaded it to my cp...if you zoom in on it there are quite a few RV's that you can draw if you need to...It's called "out and about"
Attached Thumbnails acy-12842-204-out-about.jpg  

Last edited by Honchey; 04-30-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Power Poster

Pardon the constant ink and no spacing here ... how was it that you fixed this? I think it was JanRN, that knew how?? Thought I'd switch colours, so you could see easier ... and it wont let me do that either! ..................... Anael ... aaawwwww ... such a sweet and precious picture. You'll have to get DS and DDIL to have their own TeleBaby camera so you can continue o keep an eye! ..............DublB ... no clue what that is ... perhaps post it to the Vintage Machines section? And try some googles with antique wooden label maker? Kind of neat, and sure would be a conversation piece, though for me, I'd have to know what it was. So keep us posted!...............Honchey ... another mini FART! Good for you ... and even for thinking of returning. Really like that large floral and the coleus fabrics. They just have such an unique look to them. Good for you, for deciding to try something new with your/my FFC block! Hearing about your noisy frogs ... I can't wait to open my windows at night and listen to the serenade from all the living creatures. I wonder how you know that you will be getting your MB on Thursday? Your first Pretty Lady is lovely. Will be fun to look at fabrics, and see how they fit together for each Pretty Lady. Maybe you will make one for a MB Pardner? *hint* *hint*!!!!!! ............... QNSue ... you had me laughing with your losing that book. I've done the same, though have even lost something that I used only minutes before! And here I thought you were going to print our photos onto fabric. My goodness, you will have some serious work ahead to create all the blocks. .............. OKSGlad ... so glad you got your machine fixed and it's running well now. ....................... As I said earlier, can anyone help me out This is such an annoyance!

Last edited by QuiltE; 04-30-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:35 PM

Sorry can't help QuiltE, I have been chained to the sewing machine all day and not getting anywhere FAST. I am trying to get DD's Card Tricks quilted for her, and I made the stupid decision to cross hatch 1/2 inch in the background of every block. I thought it looked really good in the first block, by the second I was starting to question my mentality and by the third I knew I was certifiably mad. She has created sashing with a 1/2 inch strip in the middle and I decided that it would look good if I quilted circles in the tiny sashing, again I need to be committed I need more caffeine lots of caffeine
Old 05-01-2013, 03:24 AM

QE--Do you see in the "quick reply box" the two "As" next to each other? You need to make sure the one without a red "x" is NOT highlighted blue. You should just be able to click on it and it will change....I am pretty sure that is how it was fixed by others when they were having trouble.