Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 361 of 542 FirstFirst ... 261 311 351 360 361 362 371 411 461 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,025 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Yay!!! You did it QuiltE!! Yes, it's just like the S16 I guess..They must be very similar...We don't have one in our 'gallery...our shop is too small...I saw one in operation at a quilt shop in NC..It operates very smoothly...It doesn't take up that much space..it has the optional stitch regulater and you can also adjust the speed... I will take a photo of my progress with the blocks tomorrow...it will end up being given away to family...

WOW we are now over 9000 posts, who would have thought we had so much to chat about. I have been working on Darkness today, took out the blocks and gave them a good press and then realised that they all needed some embroidered stems on them, so I have been stem stitching with needle and thread all day. Hope to have a couple of blocks sewn together before this day is out.

Still haven't found the camera and DH has not phoned home yet, I can't ring him at work unless it is an absolute emergency. Oh wait finding my camera is an emergency

As we all deal with what life throws at us, I will keep each and every one of you in my prayers.
    Karen

Good news, I can still see some this morning; on emergency stand by to go to Des Moines for the treatment...somewhere between ten and three o'clock. It does not occur very often, I guees, so they can write up the story about it...I just want a 'good' ending to the story. Even Dr Clark said he was going to do homework and read up more about it again...papillitis=latin word for optic nerve swelling. Their pictures of the eye ball showed it all. I loved the words, "treatable'. May you all have a good day...story to be continued.

Treatable is good, even when it takes time! It must be very scary and I hope they can help you asap.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

My prayers are with you QNS for a very successful procedure on your eye. Good Luck my friend!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Thanks everyone for your kind words; they will treat it Wednesday at 2:15pm. I hope no more 'blotchy' views then. Dh was the man of the hour yesterday, driving in terrible fog thee 35 miles to hometown, the 26 miles on to Croydon, and then the 14 miles to Charition for the tests and back again in miserable fog, often just seeing two or three car lengths, visibility was all we had. He took a well deserved nap this morning.

Strange that I can still read; not quilting until we can mend the Optic Nerve and retina of the good eye...so I will fall behind but not worried about it right now. Good luck with everyone's April goals.

I've been lurkin' here for the last few days. I wish I had the time ta respond ta each o' ya like I used ta. DH & I are headed ta Brady tamarrow for 2 days. We were supposed ta go tanight but DH got off o' work late. We will leave real early in' th'mornin'.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Such good news, QNS! Hope continued treatment and recovery.

Started another project today--not sewing though. I have an old oak curved top dresser that DMIL bought with her mother 65+ years ago at an auction for $3. She gifted it to me when DH and I were first married along with the oak wardrobe they bought for $5. The dresser wasn't in the greatest of shape when I got it but it made do. I've decided to strip off the damaged veneer top--take out the 2 big bottom drawers and put in "shelves". The 2 top drawers are half the width of the dresser with curved fronts. I was going to paint it, but I still hate painting over wood. I sanded fronts of the 2 small drawers and a quick buff over the sides and uprights is enough to take off the thin finish. I'll continue sanding and restain a dark stain like it is now. Often times you can work down to the original wood and come up with a honey oak finish, but will not put that much work in it. So once I get the veneer off and all finish sanded off I'll stain and polyurethane it and the two drawers. Then..... it will come down into my sewing space. I have a 24 x 42 inch ironing "board" setting atop DMIL old ironing board. I plan to use the dresser to hold the ironing board with some storage space underneath.

The ironing board is going to go into our bedroom as a side table covered in old linens, alarm clock etc, but will keep one end clear of accessories so I can use the board to iron blouses and such touch ups before I head out the door to go some where. Will get pictures later.

Hoof trimmer coming tomorrow as it was snowing heavily this morning when he was to come down--we had about 3", but he had more. Made meatballs today--128 in the freezer ready to cook at a moments notice for the June onrush of guests. Cooked up some for tomorrow's dinner.

Ready to call it a night. Later.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

QNS ... good news! and Good Luck on Wednesday! I know how scary it can be and don't hesitate to call your ophthalmologist if anything changes before then.

OKSGlad ... what a great project!! I like your plans ... of course, you need something else to do! We had a bit of snow this morning too, but certainly not like you! I'm sure you are going to be stocking up that freezer to be prepared for the June guests! You need a maid for that week!

MiraB ... Looking forward to seeing the next installment of Darkness!

Honchey ... I noticed that they used the same lingo for their stitch regulator as with the HQ, thus why I was thinking that it might be the same machine. Looking forward to seeing your pics too!

I keep remembering when I am not near the computer ... and forgetting when I am, to report about my March progress .... and April plans. Will go and find it now!!!!!!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 04-05-2014 at 10:53 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Here's my March Progress Report .............
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Booster Club Report!!!

My March Booster Goals ..........
    1. Finish Sunshine Garden (D4P).
    ....... Yessss!!
    2. Finish Valentine's placemat.
    done!
    3. Make 13 more DJs!
    15 done
    4. Make March Theme BOM.
    yes! a mini Irish Chain ... what else?
    5. Make Easter Theme BOM for April.
    didn't happen!
    6. Work on FFC project and have it finished to a flimsy.
    .Flimsy done, binding done, backing chosen (from stash, but not assembled yet. Embroidery done!

I'm hoping for more, but this is the month I have to prep and do income tax, so it will take priority. Plus I still have some post-Olympic catch-up to do.
    .Post-O catch-up done, then got into the Paralympics! Tax stuff done and to the accountant on Wednesday.

This is really helping me get a lot more done than I might do otherwise.
    THANKS to all who are in the Booster Club with me!
    Now for April's plans .........
    1. Make Theme BOM for April ... and May.
    2. 13 more DJs
    3. FFC ... assemble backing. Sandwich, quilt and bind to a finish.
    4. Plan my DJ ... I am not doing the traditional layout, so need to make my decisions, to know what I am working towards.
    5. Finish PPd Miss Kitty.

Well done QuiltE, things are certainly happening in your sewing room...

I have sewn 3 blocks together for Darkness but am having to do some hand embroidery on them first, am thinking I may quilt this in sections as it is a large quilt.

DJ has taken a bit of a back seat for a while, I will get back to get soon I promise..

Still no sign of the camera and DH phoned last night and I forgot to ask him

Have a great Sunday everyone, the sun is shining here and it is raining here
    Karen

Thanks MiraB ... some days things happen ... then some days zippo!
    Today was in the middle!
    Though I will say, stating it all here, I probably get more done than if I just kept it to myself.
    Needles to say, I am very pleased with the Boosters! THANK YOU Everyone!

Good job QuiltE.
    Are you going to do the triangles for DJ? Did you decide on the layout yet?
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Good morning, everyone. I'm just getting caught up after spending the last few days fighting a stomach bug. Had to miss the trip to the Cleveland Expo. Of course I'm feeling better today just in time to go to work tomorrow.

Lots of goals met and progress made by all of you. I'm stuck on my number 1 goal of finishing SYE. I wanted to stack the blocks without sashing between them. When we made them, some of us noticed that the first 2 blocks were larger than the others so there's no way to match them up without sashing. Have to go back to the drawing board; will probably go with my original plan to only use 9 of them.

Will try to keep up with yinz better this month (that's another goal) and participate more. I miss talking to my friends. Do something you love today!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Well, I'm late to the party but, here I am. I am just starting my PC although I've had the book for at least a year. Nothing inspired me until I started collecting Halloween batiks. Still, no real inspiration until I figured out that the sage spider web batik in the middle would work well as my constant. There should be enough fabric, I hope. I've cleaned out the only store that actually had any of the fabric left.

So far, these are my batiks, with several more on the way.
    Name:  PICT0357.JPG
Views: 58
Size:  452.7 KB
    I made Alabama yesterday and Boy's Playmate this morning.
    So, if you haven't finished your PC quilt, please keep me company. Otherwise, please help get me through it as this will be the largest quilt I've ever done.

Hi Works4me, Please post your photos so we can all ooh & ahhh over them...There are still some of us that have yet to complete our quilts so you won't be alone...It's going to be interesting seeing the blocks in Halloween fabric..
    Last edited by Honchey; 04-06-2014 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks Honchey. I posted each in its appropriate weekly thread. Wasn't sure if I should post them here since you are all already past 9000 posts.
    Here are the first two. Let me know if you are ok with me posting here. It would save me searching through the archives to post on the older threads but that isn't an issue.
    Name:  1 and 2.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  432.1 KB

Welcome, works4me, and I love the journey and memories of doing our own, and now we can cheer you on in your journey of making the PC blocks. I love the fabrics you have chosen and anxious to see how you put yours together. Good start on the first two...you are going to have a wonderful PC quilt from those blocks.

works4me I would post your blocks here for us to admire and cheer you on as you continue on your journey or trail ride as we called it.

The original PC riders are here chatting every day and you will receive lots of encouragement and help when you need it.
    Karen

Thanks QuiltingNinaSue. I have absolutely no idea what I plan to do about sashing and borders but, it appears more and more manufacturers are coming out with Halloween batiks so I think I will have options when I finally get there. And ask QuiltE - I'm all about the options. And if I can bring back fond, or not so fond, memories of when each of you did a specific block, great!

Thanks Mirabelle. so far, I haven't found a Halloween batik with a witch riding a broom. Not for lack of looking, mind you. That would be my version of a trail ride.
    Good to know encouragement is so close at hand. I know quite a few of you through other threads and look forward to meeting the rest of the group.

Blog Entries
    Oh now I see all the fabrics--the black is so very striking. Good luck on your journey!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Yeah! W4M has joined us! I am so far behind on my PC that it's not even funny! Another thing we are doin', on this thread, is writtin' a list o' goals for each month & then postin' what we got done at the end o' the month. Would ya like ta do this w/us? What would ya like ta git done this month? Earlier I posted about gittin some PC blocks cut out & ready ta assemble at my retreat the first o' May.
    Bev

My trip ta Brady was a very short one. Down there one day & back the next. DH didn't git off o' word till late on Fri so we didn't git ta leave till early Tues Morn. We didn't git a single thing done. We watched 3 movie's & I did put in a bit o' time on the QAYG quilt. I also worked on my GMFG for a bit.
    When we went ta Walmart I noticed the clearance racks. I bought 5 short sleeve shirts, 3 mock turtle necks & a knit sundress, all for between $3.00 & $5.00ea. It's a good start for havin' clothes down there. (I also left 2 pair o' jeans.) Soon all I'll have ta pack will be my pills & what ever I want ta sew on.
    Bev

Bev I just purchased fabric from a shop in McKinley Texas called The Quilt Asylum, I think that is such an appropriate name It is near you????
    Karen

No. McKinney is about 6 hours east o' me. I live in West Texas. I do have several o' my retreat friends who have been there. Actually I was at a retreat about a year & a half ago that was in Van Alstyne. Van Alstyne is 30 min's north o' Mckinney & McKinney is north o' Dallas. We went ta one Quilt shop in Mckinney one day, but my cousin & I went back ta eat & the retreat, while everybody else went ta the Quilt Asylum. My retreat group has grown so big that the retreat place in Van Alstyne isn't big enough anymore.
    Bev

Page 361 of 542 FirstFirst ... 261 311 351 360 361 362 371 411 461 ... LastLast