Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 38 of 542 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 48 88 138 538 ... LastLast

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    DD what beautiful puppies, sadly too big for me I only like little dogs. When they are too big I am scared of them, was bitten as a child

Bev I am sure you are going to have fun with your new machine, so much to learn, so many embroidery designs, so little time
    Ya are so right!!! There won't be enough time ta do it all! I don't have enough time as it is now. LOL

Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Wow - congratulations dublb! What a great anniversary gift. We will want to hear all about your new machine (plus photos) when you get it set up! How fun!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Thanks for your concern about me. My DS called me yesterday at 7.30 am and my postings were all during our daytime. I went to sleep at about midnight and slept well! Glad I did because I'm known for walking the floor all night in situations like this.

While waiting I went along with my BOM quilt but I should have watched a movie. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Even the easiest block (according to quilter's cache) I had to rip because one piece was facing wrong side up Just one more chain block and it's finished. So I will give it another try today

Congrats on your embroidery machine Bev! It's fun to have one. Just google for free designs, you will find a lot!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Dubib...I suspected DH wasn't taking you to the LQS for fabric! How exciting.
    DDamsel...cute DS. You keep me guessing about where you live. Your dogs are working dogs and I know they are used for herding. Now I imagine you in Montana or Wyoming with a flock of sheep.
    Quilte....glad you are going to do the computer upgrade. Nursing a "sick" or tired one can be frustrating.
    Anael...glad you got a good nights rest. It's so important but so elusive at times.

ggal
    Sorry! LOL I forgot to tell you where we live... we live in west central UT. near NV. when you think "Nevada" you would have a good picture in your mind of the mountains and desert terrain we have here we are still in the "rocky mountains" so we have all of the incredible wildlife associated with that as well

in the last month we have only had three or four days that have reached above freezing in the daytime, and been below nearly every night! this is COLD for us! it only gets this cold every ten or more years!

YES! the pups will be sold. there is such a great need of good guard dogs in our area. the Great Pyrenees are INCREDIBLE guarding against the Coyote and Mountain lions.
    they are also LOVING and KIND dogs... I have NO fear with them around my children/grandchildren
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Yes, I DD, I am familiar with that dog breed and love everything I hear about them, although I am used to seeing long hair on the ones around here. Very cute puppy and boy child. From your temperatures, I guessed you were in that mountain region.

Yes, Amazon delivered; now its warm feet and warm heart. We have angels on this PC trail that are very generous, fabulous, and put a a great deal of thought in what they give from the heart.

Thanks, DDamsel. I grew up in the foothills of the Cascade mountains and have always loved them. Hope you're staying warm!

Well I did it. I have the BB all ready to mail and I walked right by them when I went to the grocery this morning! Tomorrow I have to be out and about so will mail them then. Now I'm back to putting together PC blocks in rows...I have blocks for four rows ready to go and it's looking good on the design wall.

QNS...good news. Enjoy!
    Last edited by gardnergal970; 01-16-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Hey Ya'll! I'm so excited about my new machine. I really hope it comes in on Fri 'cause I'm gonna go w/DH on one o' his business trip. We will leave on Sunday & head back on Tues or Wed. If it's not here by Fri. I'll have ta wait till the Thurs. o' the next week. It is an embroidery only machine. I'll have it goin' while I do other things. It'll cut inta my quiltin' time a li'le bit, but not much. (I hope.)
    Bev

Bev, I can feel the excitement all the way North...wonderful gift. You failed to mention where your dh was headed out to on his business trip...can we think its Hawaii??? That would warm all our hearts and souls to hear that.

Another success story on the BBs, great going GG!! I think, Carrie, I just might be last...depends upon another thing or two...but should have them by the 14th of February in your hands.

Bev, I thought I could do that too, have my embroidery machine going while I do other things. It didn't work out, it always makes a mess when I'm not there watching. So now I'm just sitting there and watch what the EM is doing Besides, very often you have to make many thread changes.

Blog Entries
    CarrieM, my blocks are on the way, you should get them by friday. I haven't been on for quite awhile, DH has been sick with the crud and I ended up with a head cold, didn't feel like doing anything. Hope everyone had a happy new year and it will continue to be. I haven't read all of the posts, so don't really know what all has been going on. Hope everyone likes the blocks that I made. I still have several blocks to post and I have already started putting on my sashings. I'm doing medium blue and a beige fabric with attic windows on the blocks. Will show a picture when I get them taken. grannyQ

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Yes, I DD, I am familiar with that dog breed and love everything I hear about them, although I am used to seeing long hair on the ones around here. Very cute puppy and boy child. From your temperatures, I guessed you were in that mountain region.

Yes, Amazon delivered; now its warm feet and warm heart. We have angels on this PC trail that are very generous, fabulous, and put a a great deal of thought in what they give from the heart.
    QNinaSue I figured that you would be the one to know the dog breed and YES there are two types of fur, smooth and wirey, Sugar has smooth fur, but our daddy dog Hercules has wirey... we should have named him Einstien... he has the same hairdo LOL
    also there are spots that fade away with maturity and pure white. this litter we have 8 WHITE puppies, there is NO telling then apart!

goodness me!!!

GLAD your footwarmer FINALLY came, WOOHOO!!!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Welcome back, GrannyQ, we have missed you!! Hope you get to feeling better soon and your family, too. No doubt about it; I will be no.#13 with my blocks being sent...its 2013 and its the Irish lucky year. I am seriously thinking of buying lotto tickets this year!!

DD, I considered buying a dog like you have, if I bought any milk goats, but did not yet do that 'cause they might eat the orchard trees. We have also looked a baby doll lambs and miniature cows. Would love to get an Airedale, we have had a couple when the children were small. With the ducks, hens, and guineas, it either would have to be an old dog too tired to run them or a young pup that I could train.

No quilting today; dh birthday comes on the 29th of this month, so am doing cross stitch embroidery on quilt blocks for him...its deer, moose, fish and bear patterns. Have enough for his under the pillow pockets and a bed sized quilt for his bed...if I get them done...

Keep on posting those beautiful pictures of your quilts...love them all!!

Hello All .... I'm back up and running ... and dreadfully confused! You know how it goes with updated programs!!

Managed to get $75 back from STaples on the printer purchase ... they have them on sale starting today. So when I arrived at the Techie with all in hand he gave me the good news. So back home for my receipts and back again to Staples as we wanted to have all that done, just in case I had to return the printer. No, didn't. So then back home again. Then back for the system once he had it all ready for me. I love living out in the country ... days like this, there are reasons to be in town!

So after the last trip, got busy to get it set up and operating before the techie left for the day ... just in case! Now to learn all about these updates, and how to run this new printer! I'll be sending SOS's to all of you, I'm sure!

DDamsel ... love your new puppies!!! You and the kids will soon have them all named ... and will not want to let them leave! We have a GreatP in our village that I admire everytime I see it out and about!

QNSue ... what are pillow pockets? What a grand birthday gift you have in the works for your husband.

DublB ... what a wonderful gift from your DH .... I guess that made him a DDDDH!

Rest ... sorry, I didn`t make notes as I went thru the thread, and now I forget what all I read. Just know I am thinking about you ... even though chat with you this time round!

Til next time!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

I didn't sleep very well last night...er....th'smornin'. I had asthma & all the tea that I drank ta git it under control kept me up. (I would rather drink tea if it will git it under control.) I finally went ta sleep in my recliner about 3:00. LOL I read Anael's first post for the day just before I went ta bed. Now I don't remember what I read. I guess I was finally gittin' sleepy. Different time zones are so neat. LOL
    Bev

Here is a link ta my new machine.
    http://www.bernina.com/en-US/Product...te-340-deco-us
    Bev

That is one neat machine, Dublb. Hope you have many happy hours with it.

QuiltE. will post a picture when I get it together...one bear cross stitched, now the outline to do...all by hand.

DD, hope you update us on the growing puppies.

I think that DDamsel will need to post videos once those L'il Ones get on the move!

Absolutely QNSue ... we'll all be waiting to see it!!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

How neat Sue. I know how ta cross stitch but my DSis does it as her thing. I can embroidery by hand also but that is my DM's thing. I piece, quilt & now will have an embroidery machine.
    Bev

Dublb--congrats on the new machine! I am sure you will have lots of fun with that!!

QE--I am sure you are excited to have computer that works.

DD--your puppies are cute. I thought our dogs (rottweilers) were big puppies...guess not so much now.

GrannyQ--thanks for the update. Sorry you have been sick. Both DDs have been sick and DH is dragging a bit too.

QNS--I too look forward to seeing your current birthday project.

My BBs are done...well mostly, I still need to sign them. I worked today so no sewing at home. I did start working on a sample for the shop...it is a cute flannel quilt using a Henry Glass line called "Buttercup Babies" (http://www.henryglassfabrics.com/col...tercup-babies/).

Tomorrow after school, dishes and laundry I will be heading to the clubhouse. I need to finish a sample for our spring retreat gifts (don't think any of the ladies are on this board since they're mostly scrapbookers, so will show you what I am making: http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2011/...cy-clutch.html). I can't find just plain old square potholders anywhere locally so have decided to make my own version using $.97 FQs from walmart and a little batting...just sew two squares together and turn...not going to do binding on 24 of these! I'll show mine tomorrow when I get it done.

Now that's gonna be so very cute!!!! I bookmarked that page.
    Bev

Bev when you pick up your new machine don't forget to get some stabiliser, you need that to go under your fabric for support, some rayon embroidery threads and thread snips, they are finer than scissors and get close to the embroider and don't leave little tails on your work. And now the fun begins........
    Karen

Oh and you need Bobbinfill, don't know what it is called over there but it is a fine thread for your bobbins, goes so much further than normal thread and won't bunch up your work..

AND make sure you get lots of lessons and a commitment to be able to go back for more lessons if you need to.

I think that is all I have to say now, back to the salt mine for me
    Karen

Bev, that's a nice machine! I use polyester embroidery threads from Brildor. I tried the expensive ones like Madeira but my machine doesn't like those. Get some Water Soluble Stabilizer too, you're going to need that.
    I never took lessons, just read the manual and figured it out. My dealer didn't offer lessons.

QNS, please show us your embroidery, I love handembroidery.

QuiltE, congrats on your new computer and printer. It takes time to get used to a new system, I know! But it's nice to have a computer that doesn't die on you while working.

Carrie, those are cute gifts!

Latest update on my DDIL: after a lot of testing they now know for sure it's amniotic fluid. They still don't know where from, we all hope it's from the deceased little boy. As far as things look now she won't be home untill delivery. The boy is now 1.1 lb, the girl 1.65 both with a 10% margin. I can't imagine how tiny that is and I hope I never find out!

I'm still prayin' for your whole family, Anael!
    I do have a li'le story that might bring ya hope. My cousin had tried ta git pregnant for 10 years & had even been given a baby ta adopt. (She is 6 yrs old now.) Anyway she finally got pregnant. Her Dr told her that it probably wouldn't be twins. She (the Dr.) said that twins usually skip a generation. My cousin is a twin so that was a concern for her. Well at 2 months she miscarried. They were crushed.
    The Dr did a sonogram just ta check my cousin out. Well lo & behold there was another baby! She had lost 1 twin. She carried him ta term & he is 3.5 yrs old.
    PS Twins run every generation in my family.
    PSS It is still hard I know. I'm prayin' for ya. I had miscarried in '91, so the whole time I was preg in '93 I was frightened.
    Last edited by dublb; 01-16-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    Bev

Page 38 of 542 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 48 88 138 538 ... LastLast