Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 391 of 542 FirstFirst ... 291 341 381 390 391 392 401 441 491 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,775 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Just checking in and hoping everyone is well. QNS, I can't stand the heat and feel bad that your a/c is dead. I'd be in that tub of ice.

Working extra days, filling in for vacations but will have most of August off when doc goes away for 2 wks. I can get caught up on things and maybe clean my house. (Nah--I'd just have to do it again before Christmas LOL).

I'm still making some Christmas items, I've never started thinking of gifts this early in the year. I usually wait until Dec 1. QNS, there's an idea--work with Christmas fabrics and think snow!

Take care everyone.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Good idea, JanRN, but the sewing room is too hot to work in. I am bathing about every five minutes, putting my towel into the freezer and that lasts another two minutes...cooling off my hot body. Good news is that my feet are not swelling up. LOL no fat toes. $ came through; waiting on electric, water, and phone companies to mark their route across the back yard, proving no digger has to worry about digging in the front yard. Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit cooler; but our cement slab has now warmed up...be great in the winter time, but not in the summer. Told the salesman I wanted it done yesterday. Hope and pray they can do all the work this week. Bumper hair crop will finally get cut tomorrow. Relief to my hot head.

Blessed by cool sixty six degrees this morning! Love it. Everyone have a very good day.

Thanks QNS for the cooler weather that arrived overnite.... It's so refreshing....I'll be doing some shopping later today.. going to pick up a few Row by Row patterns....Maybe some fabric to go with them

Jan, it's never too early to make Christmas gifts...some have all their shopping done by June!!!
    I, too, can't stand the heat.. I'd rather stay in during the day and go out in the evening...

Dublb, I had my ears pierced when I was 15.. my neighbor nurse used ice to numb & a potato behind the lobe!!..She let me use her ruby & diamond earrings for my 9th grade graduation... I rarely wear jewelry and the holes closed up 2 yrs ago...now I have a hard time finding clasp earrings...

The day's awasting away and it's time to get up & go.. see you all later..

Tomorrow will be in the 90s here, but they will be here early in the morning digging to install the Geo-Thermal system of cooling and heating. Salesman ass't area management gentleman, Zack, will be here to help out and push it through as top priority since we have no AC. Will let you all know if it lowers our electric bill...this company has been highly successful in this area with their Water Furnaces.

Yesterday, a cool wind was out of the Northeast and keep us under 78 degrees in the house. Did not get into the sewing room, but maybe today and tomorrow I will get some time in there. The farm North and East of us mowed their hay field and that helped to get more air in from outside. I was there at the window cheering them onward. Got a short, short haircut yesterday...almost a like a GI...not quite...its longer on top side than they wear it. Cool.

No Iowa Shop is doing the Row by Row, and the Mo Shops are just too far away for me to do it. Besides, I have enough UFOs to last twenty years down the road...how many of us will still be quilting in our nineties?

Well Sue I want ta be quiltin' in my 90's!
    I got sleepy real early for me last night, 9:30. Low & behold, if ya go ta bed early ya git up early! I woke all by myself at 5:30 th'smornin'!
    I got a lotta stuff done! I fixed myself a 3 egg omelet for breakfast then I have done 5 loads o' laundry, wiped down the bathrooms (all 3 o' 'em,) made myself egg drop soup for lunch, played on my embroidery machine & have 90% o' what I wanted ta do for a crazy block done. (I am thinkin' about gittin' a sun design & puttin' it on it.) I sat & shredded a trash bag full o' stuff. I still have a ton o' stuff ta shred but had ta stop & give my back a rest. Went ta my DM's house & looked at a sample o' laminate wood floorin' that she wants ta put in her house. I really liked it! my DGM had lost controle o' her bladder & bowels the last few months o' her life so now DM needs new floorin' real bad! I'm gittin' sleepy again th'sevenin' & maybe I can go ta bed early again.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Rain moved in and its cool sixties here. The diggers arrived at six forty five and are on the job doing their thing to dig in the water lines....the slab holds its secrets on how deep the water lines are in and the big decision this morning hinges on that....hope we have found out enough info for them. Fingers crossed. Have a good day today where you are.

Dublb, think you have done your day's work....take a nap or two.

Taday was just as busy! I got up at 7:30. Woke up all by myself. I went out front & planted a few potatoes that had gone ta seed instead o' goin' rotten. I know it's purdy late ta do it, but I might have a few small potatoes ta serve in white sauce for Thanksgivin'. There were 2 sweet potatoes also. I planted those under the Oak tree as they have some o' the most beautiful vines. I probability won't git any actual sweet potatoes from those.
    At 10:30 DGnephew came ta read again & stayed till lunch & his Uncle Mike made him a grilled cheese sandwich. After I took him home I went & picked up my 2 yro DGSon. We played at my house till 3:30. Once I took him home his DM asked me ta stay at there house & watch the 1 yro while she took the 2 yro ta the DR. I was only ther0 for 30 min's till his DDad (my #1DSon) came home. I'm home, crashed in my chair now.
    Bev

Day is starting out hot and will go to *very hot* today and no air or AC yet... Monday or Tuesday the inside unit will be put into action. Praying the cool breeze will continue for most of the day!

It's spitting outside today and we'll be getting hot, hot weather next week..

MY older grandson (9) & his mom will be visiting us in NC next month so we're off again around the middle of next month.. This will be their first visit so it will be exciting for him...

Not much going on in the sewing room....lots of thought in my head tho...just plodding along...

I guess everyone is busy?

Hi everyone This week I got some sewing done and also cutting fabrics for the "50 Star" blocks. I was able to finish a retreat quilt for one of the ladies that's become a friend. She chose some fabrics that I just didn't like so it was a hard one to work on....very thankful to say it is done! I only worked at the hotel Wed and Sat this week so that gave me some extra time home. Next week I work 2-3 days at the hotel and have a day at the quilt shop so probably won't get a lot of sewing in.

I am excited because my best friend and I are going on a girl's weekend away in August. We are planning to do a little shop hopping, but mostly quilting at the hotel. One of my benefits of working at the hotel is that I get a pretty good discount at other AmericInns...so figured this was a good way to use it. I am planning to work on my star blocks that weekend.

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday.

Have fun, Carrie, on your girl's day outing. DD is going with bgf from HS to Maine using their frequent flyer miles that also pays for the Hotel and car rental....although she had money saved back...it will be a grand vacation for them.

Schools are starting up August 18 or before. wasn't the Fourth of July yesterday???? my how the time flies.

Cool breeze today from Northeast that is our saving grace and blessing. Geo-thermal inside unit will be here Monday or Tuesday. Yesterday was terribly HOT....hope it gets installed sooner rather than later. Summer has hit hard, have my short short haircut, fans going, and cooking in the crockpot...doing a pork loin with brown sugar and two pints of unsweetened canned apples. Plans are to do a rice pudding, too.

QR is a maybe....if my eye will see to sew....some days I can, and some days I cannot...dishes are all done up and I can smile at the clean kitchen.

I'm off to Joanns...they have a rolling tote that's on sale and in my travels I could use it...4 pieces..great price...
    I also could use a few more seam rippers...I don't know what happens to them!!!!..
    I put together a few crumb pieces just now and I hate to leave but it's a one day sale!!!

We have had 90* weather all last week, too hot to work on quilting my Celtic Solstice. I worked on a backing for my tablecloth (Mystery Quilt #6 here on the board used as leaders/enders for Celtic Solstice). I don't put batting in my tablecloths, just the top and backing. They lay so nice on the table, and wash real well.

We are going to the beach tomorrow for a few days. It is about 20 miles up the coast from where we live. Hopefully we can find a spot, as it is first come, first serve area. It has been in the 100*'s inland, so lots of people heading to the coast to escape it. We did not have a campout with our group this month, so we are looking forward to getting away for a few days.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

We are up in the triple digits again taday. We have been up there most o' th'sweek. At least it's not humid! It has also been much cooler th'syear than last year. Mostly in the upper 90's.
    Bev

Amazing the Northeast wind is still blowing cool air; temp this morning is sixty one. Gentleman are taking out our old Trane furnace this morning...noisy guys! ....then they will install the new one...they have cool weather to work in today....just trying to keep out of their way....The old saying, " Lead, follow, or get out the way!" applies today.

Have a great day, celebrate a wonderful day in your life.

The factory pump, new, did not work so the guys are coming back tomorrow to finish putting in the system and checking it out. Thank goodness its still cool here and not up into the 90s.

Honchey, did you find what you wanted from JoAnn's and maybe a bit more???

Oh, yes I did!!! I was called in to work today and my shopping spree is still in the car..I will get it all out & take a photo...there was some clearance jelly rolls & fat quarter bundles that I got for an extra 50% off..these will be used for some charity quilts for kids that will be fun to put together.

Honchey, where o where is the picture????? Or are you teasing us a bit and making us wait????

Sorry it has taken me so long to take & send these photos..I have been busy with the kids & house...

The rolling tote with the extras is smaller than the one I have and will fit better in the car when traveling back & forth to NC...
    the sewing notions were 70 % off with a coupon ..one day only and the fabrics were reduced 50% off AND an additional 50% off one day only..I bought the hexagon cigar box for a 1$ at the liquor store..I might go back & get the other one if it's still there...It's perfect for larger hexies..it's so cute and I love the color red.
    My co-worker purchased a reduced hobby/cubby table that she was sure her daughter would want..turns out she didn't want it so she gifted it to me..I was very surprised...I guess she was very thankful that I can fill in for her when she needs me to...I'll be picking it up this Saturday in pieces..the closed box weighs 130 lbs...too big to fit in my trunk or back seat...I am sooo tickled.... now to figure out how to explain to DH that I really need it!!!!.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is a lot of loot, Honchey! Lovely bargains! Enjoy every one of them.

We love our new Geo thermal cooling and heating system....looks like it will really save us money with the electric company and love how it feels in the house...and no noise at all or big blow of air anywhere....we are now cool in our house again!

Wow, Honchey. What a great haul.

Blog Entries
    I've been following faithfully, but have not taken the time to check in. Don't know where the last 2 weeks have gone...but the girls have been sewing sleep pants. Nicole finished hers before she went back home. Elise has the hems and waist casing to sew. Emily has the center seam to sew and then finish off. I had them make Fr seams so doubled the amount of stitching, but figure it's just good practice

Have the shed almost painted, just some trim left to do--2 coats of solid stain. Second coat was so much easier to apply. Then last weekend two of my cousins drove over from NW Iowa. What a great day we had. Wish we were 200 miles from each other.

Honchey, what a nice tote to haul your things back and forth. Love your little blocks...have you reworked the house block yet? Your first one is so cute. I've included a PP version for you as well as a 4" block.

QNS glad you have it nice and cooool again. The machines will be humming again. You will enjoy keeping toasty warm in the winter as well. Would have loved to use Geothermal here, but when you build on a limerock shelf it's just not in the cards. Can't complain about the heating bills as we get one fill of LP in our 500 gal tank to last all year.

Carrie, hope those head aches lay low for a long while. What fun to be taking a retreat in August.

mirabelle has got the cleanest, neatest closet....puppy dog included I won't mention the state of my sewing space.....

Sorry about Patches, Jan. Those animals just tug at our heartstrings, don't they? I'm dreading the day when Silk goes to her happy hunting grounds. DH has been telling me for the last 2 years that he doesn't think she will survive the winter. She passed on the puppy making this summer--thank goodness--and the cooler summer has been good for her.

Jeanie, your purse looks so "Californian"! Breezy and carefree.

So in between the signage et al you have such a cute Churn Dash--love those 4 little ones in the center. Did you PP them or not?
    The quilting on the CMCompass showcases the block.
    So nice to see the completed Spike, too. Made a great gift for sure.

I'm off on another tangent--got tired of filling a tub with 2" pieces (I had three actually) so saw this quilt here QBoard in the 2" swap thread and decided I'd get to it. Been sewing strips of three, adding some HST and little 4P that I have made up. I'll use a navy tonal instead of the light sashing and 3 and 5 inch borders for a completed 90 x 90 quilt. Then will only need 16 of the big blocks instead of the 25 in the pattern. I might have to cut 2" pieces to finish it off I've changed the cutting instructions for sashing a bit too.

http://weddingdressblue.wordpress.co...-up-odd-quilt/
    Name:  Gowing up odd.BMP
Views: 84
Size:  594.2 KB
    My EQ version

Should be mowing lawn, but will sew instead...I'm off

MIni houses 4 inch PP.pdf
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by oksewglad; 07-31-2014 at 03:20 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Ok, do you wash/rinse your fabric??? I have been sewing my 1.5" stamps and so far I have 2 completed 12" blocks..I have lots of foursies & eighties and twelvesies and when I was looking at them on the wall I said to myself .."I like the odd sized blocks a space or two apart..and now you show a photo of what I was thinking of doing...

I would love to take the hobby table to NC but I have to see what size the pieces are...the larger pieces have to lay flat in the trunk of the Avalon...I just hope DH won't be too P--- ed!!! . I still haven't told him.. Saturday is "D" day...
    I have to check out the swap threads..I haven't been there is awhile...
    Good to see you OK & QNS & Works4 me...

Blog Entries
    Honchey, yes I do wash my fabric. QE and I are die hard prewashers- I blame it on our 4-H experience. I think there's something calming about an odd number of squares, too. Much like an odd number of flowers in a vase.

I "inherited" an older GE steam iron from #3 son when he closed up house. He said I got it for him when he went off to college 13 years ago. I must have found it at a Goodwill store since I'm sure it's older than that. At any rate wow what a great iron. I've been using it with a spritz of water for these 2" patches. I'm so tickled. Oh the simple things in life.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Page 391 of 542 FirstFirst ... 291 341 381 390 391 392 401 441 491 ... LastLast