Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 05-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Power Poster

I see I have missed much today, while I was "on the road, again!"
On the way home I went thru one wicked rainstorm ... couldn't see a thing, and there was this car tailgating me on a narrow highway, as we were meeting other vehicles. With no where safe to pull off, I had to continue on. I knew there was a parking lot coming up ... drove out of it, before that though. Made it home, safe and sound ...... and by then, an hour later, the sun was shining!

I should have dropped by the RV ... some better food waiting, than I found in my own kitchen for supper!

JanRN and DublB ... what a block ... B+W with some fancy embroidery! You're really mastering your new machine DublB. So many different B+W fabrics.

QNSue ... 200 of each variety ... my goodness you have been busy! Re Honchey's vacation suggestion ... sometimes vacations can be had without leaving home ... or locally without sleepovers. I do a lot of that and can create a vacation, just with a few hours .... sometimes only minutes worth!

JanieW ... Well Said, with all those good warm and fuzzy feelings! This has become a very special group to me. THANK YOU EVERYONE for your friendships!!! Maybe I could do some fancy quilting in the Irish Cream borders. I think OKSGlad nailed it that the larger one is just too busy to do much, but that dark green might show off something ... but am I good enough, as it'd really show!

DDamsel ... good to see you drop in, between windy times! Ready to go on a midnight raid with me, for all of today's baking?

Anael ... yup, I used WHITE! shock!!!! As for getting going with the BSR, yes that's in the plan, soon ... though I need some good coaching and guidance as to what to practice, to be ready to quilt these and my new machine project 4PP that's soon ready too.

OKSGlad ... ITA with the diagonals, though wonder if it'll be too skimpy on the quilting. Thinking a lot like you that fancy border quilting will be lost. Have been thinking of a stipple/meander like I used in the Baby Irish one. The smaller one was the start ... and then I wasn't totally happy with it, so abandoned it for the cows in the centre smaller square as well. I think you saw the end result, as the chains being the fence, and the snowballed outer block, like a picket fence!

Maybe I should call the smaller one Irish Cream?

MiraB ... did your FFC travel bag get lots of attention at patchwork today?

CarrieM ... more baking! muffins and squares!! Thanks for sending those cows north!

MercysLand ... Welcome Back!!! Do we make any sense to you? My PC is at the LAQ now, and hopefully she is now working on it. You'll see that I took some creative license with mine, adding in some blocks with meaning to me, of my rural background.

I think someone asked the purpose of these ... they'll both be used in the Story of Butter displays this summer/fall. Heaven forbid, that we should use the same ones as last year!!

Last edited by QuiltE; 05-22-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:05 PM
Power Poster

[ATTACH=CONFIG]414994[/ATTACH]
The edge of my lane way has lilac bushes all along it. When I left this morning the branches were so heavily laden with flowers, that they were bending into the car's path. So I did some "pruning" tonight. The flower heads are bigger than I've seen for a few years, and likewise, I'm sure have more scent than they've had in a few years. Is this possible?
Attached Thumbnails lilacs-1-.jpg  
Old 05-22-2013, 07:13 PM

Hi Mercysland, Good to hear from you....Not feeling up to par is a real bummer!
We're still hanging out here on the board ....most of the girls here have completed both quilts. some are still a WIP... We enjoyed each other's company so much we decided to continue with an update thread...
We all look forward to seeing you here...
Old 05-22-2013, 08:07 PM

Janie you said it so eloquently, this thread has become a soft spot for us to land, with everything going on in our lives sometimes its nice to be able to vent and know you will not be judged but encouraged.

Beautiful MB, I love the embroidery

Yes QuiltE my sewing box was well received this morning, everyone wanted to know how I made it but first I had to tell them the story behind it.

Mercysland welcome back to our little group, I sent you a photo of my finished Pony Club Quilt, it has since been quilted. I hope you are feeling a lot better and getting back to some form of normalcy.

Now to finish cutting my DS's quilt so I can start work on it tomorrow at embroidery club, I don't take my embroidery machine as I don't like it travelling in the car.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Power Poster

MiraB ... so do they have you lined up to do a class tutorial another week? You've never mentioned it, so I am thinking none of the patchwork or embroidery ladies are on the QB. Too funny ... you go to embroidery club, but no embroidery! Do the others take their machines?
Old 05-22-2013, 08:31 PM

Mirabelle - that quilt turned out just beautifully! Wow!!!

QuiltE - what a great looking cow quilt. I love how the white sets off the cow fabric! Your lilac branches are gorgeous, I bet our house smells wonderful!

Jan - Love your MB from dublb. That embroidery really sets off the black/white fabrics!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:04 PM

Jan, you've got a lovely block.

Laurie, welcome back! Sorry you felt so bad. I guess a few of us know about medication making you feel sleepy, dizzy and not thinking clear. I know I do

QuiltE, lovely lilac bouquet! My lilac bush is starting to bloom. It's still cold and raining here!
You can find lots of practice designs on the internet. It depends on what kind of quilting you want. You could do some fancy meander in the border if you want to quilt that separately. Or just do an all over design, maybe something like this?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]414999[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails close-up2-576-x-432-.jpg  
Old 05-22-2013, 10:13 PM

Oh Anael - love that all over quilt design. It is amazing how evenly spaced you get that. I would have to draw it out and sew on the lines. I am soooo bad!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
MiraB ... so do they have you lined up to do a class tutorial another week? You've never mentioned it, so I am thinking none of the patchwork or embroidery ladies are on the QB. Too funny ... you go to embroidery club, but no embroidery! Do the others take their machines?
I typed my message and then something happened and I lost the lot, so here goes again.

QuiltE my embroidery club meet in the Craft Room of a retirement village, it is mainly for village residents but sometimes they will invite an "outsider" to become a member, so I guess I was lucky to get an invite. Most of the ladies do take their embroidery machines but they live in the village and don't have far to travel. I don't like my machine getting jiggled in the boot of my car even though I have it in a Tutto bag. Sometimes there will be no embroidery machines at all and everyone will be working on patchwork quilts. They make some amazing quilts, will have to keep my camera in my sewing basket to get some pics for you all to enjoy.

Just thinking about your Cow quilts why don't you try making the quilt top with a design, either my stencil or just with a washout pen.
Anael you quilting is wonderful I love it
Old 05-23-2013, 01:25 AM

Thank you Jeanie and Mirabelle

I have a question for you all: do you name and label all your quilts, including wall hangings? I just made a wall hanging, have to sew the binding on the back but was wondering if I should label it. What do you think? I think it's going to live here and I never made a label for a wall hanging.