Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 395 of 542 FirstFirst ... 295 345 385 394 395 396 405 445 495 ... LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,875 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Friday I had that procedure on my back. On Fri, Sat, & Sunday I was a couch potato. I kept plannin' ta do more stuff but had ta head back ta the chair. I started cuttin' & sewin' on Mon. Yesterday I got most o' the quiltin' done on doll Quilt that I doin' for a swap. I have one more sm line ta quilt then make the labels. Yes Instead o' 1 lg label Im gonna do 2 sm ones that will fit in between some o' the quiltin'. Instead o' finishin' that up I spent taday pressin then cuttin' fabric. LOL I also got most o' the laundry done.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Glad your feeling better dublb - sounds like the procedure was a success!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Dublb, glad you are feeling better.

Carrie, I hope you are doing better with your migraines.

I got 18 quart of tomato juice done. Seven out of 13 rows done on the I SPY. Got another ? inches of rain last night, and things are looking green here and growing. Looks like the farmers may get a very good crop this fall.

How are things looking for YOU? Honchey where are thou? QuiltE? GardenGal? Mireabelle? And all the others not checking in to tell us your story and plans?

QNS--You are always so busy in the kitchen! Making progress in the sewing room now too...great job.

I haven't been having as many migraines lately, but still a headache at least a short time each day. Thankfully I can still get most things done I need to in a day. Some days I need a nap, others I am ok. Not getting in the sewing I used to in a week, but I am ok with that right now. I really do need to get my nephew's quilt quilted...

Blog Entries
    Tomatoes just starting here--6 quarts of stewed ones on Thursday, but Friday DIL and I froze over 40 qts of corn. We picked, shucked, blanched, cut and bagged it ourselves--an10 hour job. Oh DH's threw the cobs to the steers for us. Beat--time to go to bed.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I'm Back!!!!!!! I forgot to pack the cord to my laptop & was unable to communicate as it was DOA when we arrived in NC... No games, no PC post to read, nothing , nada,!!!
    I am a tired GMA..they wore me out!! It's a good thing we have our children when we are young...I told the youngest if he didn't behave we would send him home on a plane and his reply was "That would be a real treat" !

We went to the beach & the pool and DH took them to play Mini Golf...They are both fussy eaters and taking them out for dinner wasn't the greatest...All they wanted was Mickey D's...

I never got to the sewing room at all..We purchased a blow up bed, full size, thinking they would want to sleep together..the oldest has to sleep with the lights on and the youngest with no lights on so a full size took up the space in my sewing room when a twin would have been better... ah!!! I'm glad to be home and I'm glad they are home too!!! . now I will catch up with the reading & emails..see you later..H.

I have been hand sewin' the labels on my Doll Quilt. I need ta send it out by next week but I want ta git it done as soon as I can, 'cause I have several other projects dew out by the end o' this month also. Hand sewin' takes away my computer time. LOL
    Bev

It's a new week for all of us....first day of the week to plan out our days and weeks. May it be a good one for all of you.

OK, you can do laps around me...that much corn would take me a week or more...to pick it, shuck it, blanche it, and cut it off the cob. At least, you had your DIL helping you and not doing it all by yourself. But I would imagine a meal or two and a child or two interrupting the process.

Honchey, its good that you are back where you can tell us about your days....and show us what you are working on or doing. I marvel how you can manage two households when I cannot do one....

Dublb, go girl, go....onward on your projects....how about a picture or two?

Carrie, glad to hear things are better for you; school starting will slow you down until you get back into the routine and then off you will go again.....maybe Mirabelle is taking a vacation without her sewing machine and you can get ahead of her in projects.....LOL!

For me and my plans.....I am so far behind, at my speed, I may 'lap' myself in my foot race. So many choices....it is still one stitch at a time...I SPY has be halted....need more light fabric that fits in between the dark squares...cannot find a good print of Thomas the Engine but will look some more...needs to be light and picture the engine or be the tracks...and see how many more strips or rows I need to do...five or six, I think...

meanwhile, there are choices to choose from: Sylvia, 50 stars, DJ (not) DIL's or DS projects or TW....PhD's to earn.

Hi Nina, I have some Thomas I will check it out later today & send you a photo..

I am finishing up cutting 2.5" squares for a swap here on the board...Just got done bundling up the stamps for another swap.. they look sooo cute all wrapped up.(pic later)...As I mentioned before taking care of a new home is easier than one you've been in for 44 yrs.. too much stuff around...I think I'm going to try to sell some of the fabrics I no longer think I'll use in my lifetime....with all the new designs the almost vintage stuff is not calling to me anymore...I still haven't been doing any sewing almost 2 weeks now...The weather is so nice now I almost feel inspired to do a little organizing in my old sewing room..it's upstairs and I don't like to do the stairs unless I have to.. now I can open the windows without the "air" being on and not feel "closed in". I just wish we had put a bathroom up there when we had the addition done..It seems I need to use the facilities a lot more often now..
    Time for lunch almost..see you all later, some of you maybe

Honchey, send me your pictures of the blues in your collection that you want to sell; maybe the yellows and the greens and the reds and the violet/purple and how much you want for them. No pink, please. PM me or send by my email address. Looking at another project (like I need another one) at a 1928 vintage album pattern done in three tones of color...light, dark and then medium blocks.

Also looking for Blue with silver threads to put with my blue/white winter scenery for DS Christmas quilt. It has blue wildlife drawings on white and I added a dark blue and lighter blue with it for Warm Friendship quilt but it lack s the wow factor. Need to substitute better light and dark blues. Somewhere in former pages I posted a picture of it. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Ha! who can plan their days...not me! DH and I made it to the car dealer and brought home a new to us car. 2003 Buick was showing a tad bit of wear! Laughingly told DH this could be the last car we ever buy...A 2014 Chevy Captiva--now to pay for it.

Finished the items for school fair day and darn forgot to take pics!
    1. Sewed a Christmas panel on a towel and extra panel was made into a large hot pad (8 x 14)
    2. Baby tag quilt with 2 matching burp rags made of old linens and flannel.
    3. 11 x 12 mini table mat made with 1 1/4" cuts
    4. And a Christmas mini tumbler quilt I paper pieced

Have 2 of 3 finished for hospital fundraiser as well. Putting binding on the 3rd one tonight. Taking them to town tomorrow so had better get it finished. Would've had it done, except when I cut the angles to join the binding I cut one not parallel to the other--so guess what? They don't quite meet up right. Fortunately only have to rip out about 12 inches to a seam in the binding, take the seam out and add a longer piece of binding.

dublb glad you can sew and recuperate at the same time! A die hard quilter for sure.

QNS, my what an educated quilter you will be once you get your many doctorates!!!!!

Hope to get you packet mailed tomorrow, Honchey....now where did I put it....

Hi ho Hi Ho it's back to sewing, I go....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

I haven't done any mass cutting in a while and I still have 8 more fabrics to go....I wish I wasn't so fussy!!!

I was just attacked by something from this website...thank goodness for Norton...

I envy you a bit, Oksewglad, on the new to you car. We have looked several times, but nothing fits the budget. And its worse now, paying for the Geo Thermal system until the day we both die...in twenty years or so...

AC cut out and did not work in the Van all the way to K and back again...need to see what Buzz can do about that on the 2nd or 3rd of Sep...hope is not too much to fix. Have to have our cars inspected before buying a two year license for each vehicle in September. And trash bill of three figures is due this month and DH blood sugar reader quit working and that is almost three figures. When it rains, it pours. One step at a time...and spend lots of time home....maybe make progress on those PhDs.

Found some Thomas fabric in k. maybe for the backing...and have three half yards that will be here on Friday from Lansing, MI.

Sorry, Honchey, that this site gave you problems....and happy you solved it with Norton. Norton, McAfee and I do not get along too well together I use Bid Defender that advertised on this site and we seem to get along defending my computer.

Blog Entries
    Just thought you'd like to see the 3 minis I took to the hospital for the Quilt Auction. Still kicking myself for not getting pictures of the school one.....

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t252537.html
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Those minis OK are so cute...One of these days I'll finish one of them..

QNS, when it rains it certainly does pour..... I finally finished cutting the candies & stamps & they will be in the mail tomorrow...now to wait for the return of them from all over the USA & ?.

Dublb, hope you're feeling better..aches & pains are not fun!

I am doin' so much better! Almost pain free. Back ta normal activity. I went ta serger club & made a pillowcase w/a gathered ruffel.
    Bev

That is great dublb - so glad you are doing so much better. I have a serger but hardly ever use it. I wanted one, so bought it several years ago, and now I don't know what to do with it! Ha!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Me, too, JeanieG. Even in the 'new' QR, the serger sits down in a box in the corner! To thread all five threads and get it stitching correctly was a royal battle at times. Embroidery machine I got on a unplanned buy may result in the same location...in its box in the corner...wrong kind to purchase although Bernina usually has good machines.

Neighbor lady called me yesterday, wanting help with designing a quilt....the blocks were done by one of her daughters years ago...dozen of them...and she wanted to 'set' them together, so that Warm pattern Ok posted was used one more time. Love it and so did she, when she seen how easy it made the piecing and top. All twenty of her grandchildren want a quilt from her now that she is retired, and then she has three new great grands coming in December.. so we looked through my three baby quilt books and she choose one that spoke to her. Wished her the best of luck and she happily left in early evening. Its a warm cozy feeling to help another quilter.

Des Moines AQS is October 1-4. She is interested in looking at a LA, trying to get two daughters to 'invest' with her. Would love to go, but lacking a driver does limit the going. Will wait and see what works out, or does not work out. What will be, will be. One day at a time. Have a great day, everyone. Smile and enjoy.

oksewglad - congrats on the new vehicle. So many nice features in a new car that I can't do without now.
    Those minis look great.

QNS - so nice of you to help out your neighbour. I'll bet you both went away feeling good.

dublb - glad you are feeling better.

QNS, it takes practice, practice, practice when it comes to threading a serger... I got a new one several months ago and I got it because the threading area swings open all the way so you can actually see what you're doing..it also has a guide to help sew a desired width...I cut up old Tshirts and spiral cut them using this serger so I don't have to use scissors..too time consuming that way..I just don't thread the machine when doing it...works for me..I crochet scrappy rugs with the rope like strips.. I think I used the emb unit twice on my machine...Tho it's nice to have when you want to use it...

What is everyone working on???

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the kind words regarding the mini's.
    The Warm Wishes pattern is used yet again, QNS--bet it will look great with the pieced blocks as centers!
    RE: sergers. I've had one for years, thinking I'd use it for t-shirts etc. I found I can sew them just as easily on my regular machine. Threading is a headache, even with the guides. Recently serged and cut some worn kitchen towels in half. These half towels are stored in a small crock on my counter and I use them as reusable paper towels. Laundry is right next door so they get tossed in there right away if they are wet. I like to think I'm being green.....
    I like your rag rug strip cutting, Honchey. There are so many t shirts out there that don't need to end up in the landfill.
    Today is tomato day. Just got in from picking--should have at least 14 qts of juice if not 21.. First have to run and dump off recyclables et al--we don't have garbage pickup--no $ to spend, just time...
    Sewing wise, want to MQ about 4 or 5 little ones and call them finished waiting for gifts or fund raisers.
    Have a great day.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

The reason I am goin' ta serger club each month is ta git used ta playin' w/my serger. Maybe I'll learn how ta use it. Sue-Please don't give up on the embroidery machine. This is my favorite embroidery design site.
    http://www.embroiderydesigns.com/Fre...ntent=textlink

Ya can download 3 for free a week & more if ya spend a certain amount o' $. Choose 'em in the ART format. Take your computer & git your dealer ta show ya how ta git 'em on your flash drive & then on ta your machine. (They sold it ta ya they should help ya ta use it.)
    Bev

Dublb, I have taken two different 'sticks' to the dealer and she has copied patterns for me. But I have not set my mind to learn it yet...seems like so too much information...without using it every week....I will forget what I have learned. I wanted to finish a blue jean quilt for brother in law that needed guitars embroidered on each block for him since he helps my DH with his projects. but my eye became a problem and now I am pursuing other projects right now...which I really need to finish. Hoping by Spring, I can start up with learning a new craft....$$$$ of any amount are not available right now. But I would love to see what you have finished on your machine, Dublb.

1st one my list is the I SPY finished by Christmas or before; 2nd is the Mama and her kittens wall hanging, two of them, all done. Then DS quilt for Christmas, and his love her confetti quilt....and finish the borders for PC and get it quilted by LA. Plus the other projects started on QB are waiting to be finished. Time seems to fly by...too little time, so much to do! Its canning season, too., although I would love to get into the QR, tomatoes need attention tomorrow... they will not wait another day....more coming onward, too.

Yeah Sue I wasn't happy when they put somethin' on my stick. They didn't do it for my Deco. Git them ta show ya how ta do it. I then wrote the directions on a index card & have it tapped ta my lap top right by my touch pad. It's gittin easier. I now put it on my stick myself & am happy.
    I'll post picts as soon as I figure how ta git picts off o' my new smart phone.
    Bev

Page 395 of 542 FirstFirst ... 295 345 385 394 395 396 405 445 495 ... LastLast