Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 407 of 542 FirstFirst ... 307 357 397 406 407 408 417 457 507 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,175 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The surgeon scheduled my surgery on the left eye and nose bridge on November 5th....Nurse will call me later on the time. I was surprised I was scheduled that quickly, but I will be there for it. The Cataract is very large on the left eye, I see only a 'crescent' in that eye , but it balances my sight. Hoping it works.

My #1DSis fell yesterday. I spent last night helpin' take care o' her. I got home about 11:00 & took a shower ('cause she is a chain smoker & I couldn't stand the thought o' gittin' bed smellin' that way.) I thought i"d go right ta sleep. NOPE. It was 2 before I wound down enough ta sleep. I then woke at 5 so as ta take DSis ta the ER. She didn't want ta sit in that waitin' room for hours on end waitin' ta be seen when she could rest in her own bed & git up & go before the rush. I have done this before myself when I was sick. We were worried that her hip was broke but it wasn't. I got home about 11am. I then crashed & slept for 4 hours.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Hi All!! Sounds like lots going on for everyone...

I had a lot of fun at my retreat and in a way it is continuing this week as my friend from Florida is spending lots of time here and we are sewing together. I was able to get my nephew's quilt almost done (just the binding left and should have that finished tonight). I also got all the rows done for my niece's quilt...didn't sew them together since I will assemble using QAYG...hope to cut backing and batting tomorrow. I got borders on a quilt top for my MIL...it is the one I started a while back with embroidered blocks made by my husband's grandma. I also got a BOTM block almost finished. I'll try to get some pictures in the next couple days. It was a very productive weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    The surgeon scheduled my surgery on the left eye and nose bridge on November 5th....Nurse will call me later on the time. I was surprised I was scheduled that quickly, but I will be there for it. The Cataract is very large on the left eye, I see only a 'crescent' in that eye , but it balances my sight. Hoping it works.

That was scheduled fast! We'll be prayin' for ya!
    Bev

Great job, Carrie, on the retreat! Looking forward to pictures.

Dublb, glad your DSis did not break her hip! Thanks for the prayers, from your lips to God's ear! Hope it really helps to balance both eyes.

Wow QNS, only a two week wait for your surgery. That is awesome!

The retreat sounds like it was a great success Carrie! Glad you had a great time.

Prayers for your DSis Dublb - hope she is feeling better soon.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    To all of our Canadian friends, so sad to hear of your recent tragedy. A senseless act of violence.

Belated BD wishes, Jan..enjoy your new mat!
    Ah Janie, glad to see you back....telll me, what was the best part of your trip? And a new little puppy...how fun.
    QNS, best of luck with your surgery. So many have benefited from cataract surgery--it really is a wonder.
    Retreat time + friends = a great time. carrie. Anxious to see your WIP's, whipped and shown here.
    And caretaker, dublb to the rescue, hope she heals fast.
    Had a busy 2 days. Didn't get home until 5:00 after working on funeral dinner and getting groceries yesterday. Then spent quality time in barn with DH....the earlage processor came this morning to harvest earlage. It's a combine like machine that picks the whole ear...husk and all and grinds it up before it's blown into the wagon. From there it's unloaded (24' long wagons!) and put into a silage bag. It'll ferment and makes a great feed stuff for all ages of cattle. Milking isn't too bad, but the cement floor is hard on my back and being on my feet all day on cement didn't help any so rested the back this afternoon. Here's the quilt we saw at the show. I didn't play much with the block layout. My friend has lots of red/black and white scraps to play with and will make her own fabric choices from those. She was interested in dimensions, etc. You can see where the name came from from the 4 Patch block.
    Midnight's approaching, time to call it a day. Night all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by oksewglad; 10-22-2014 at 08:51 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Wow - love that quilt OK! That is marvelous!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    To all of our Canadian friends, so sad to hear of your recent tragedy. A senseless act of violence.

Belated BD wishes, Jan..enjoy your new mat!
    Ah Janie, glad to see you back....telll me, what was the best part of your trip? And a new little puppy...how fun.
    QNS, best of luck with your surgery. So many have benefited from cataract surgery--it really is a wonder.
    Retreat time + friends = a great time. carrie. Anxious to see your WIP's, whipped and shown here.
    And caretaker, dublb to the rescue, hope she heals fast.
    Had a busy 2 days. Didn't get home until 5:00 after working on funeral dinner and getting groceries yesterday. Then spent quality time in barn with DH....the earlage processor came this morning to harvest earlage. It's a combine like machine that picks the whole ear...husk and all and grinds it up before it's blown into the wagon. From there it's unloaded (24' long wagons!) and put into a silage bag. It'll ferment and makes a great feed stuff for all ages of cattle. Milking isn't too bad, but the cement floor is hard on my back and being on my feet all day on cement didn't help any so rested the back this afternoon. Here's the quilt we saw at the show. I didn't play much with the block layout. My friend has lots of red/black and white scraps to play with and will make her own fabric choices from those. She was interested in dimensions, etc. You can see where the name came from from the 4 Patch block.
    Midnight's approaching, time to call it a day. Night all.

Now that's gonna be a purdy One!!!!
    Bev

Yes, OK, the cataract surgery is amazing; and he is one of the top surgeons in Iowa, maybe the national. It sure made a difference with the right eye. He was amused at me wanting a refund when the optic nerve swelled up; but I would recommend him and his team in a New York minute. He told me he had a cancellation on his calendar in two weeks and that worked for me. Their loss and my gain on getting the appointment.

I have miles to go in the Quilting Room, so many projects started: Sylvia, 50 stars, FFC, TW, I SPY, Warm Feelings, and many more borders, etc., to finish the tops. But when I cannot see, I cannot progress and its very frustrating, wanting to move ahead and cannot see to do the work.

JanRN, the hearing aids sounds like a real bargain, 'cause here they want $5000.00 an ear for a hearing aid for dh. And oh, how I wish I had eye sight equal to yours to quilt. And the shopping trips you can take with your friends after each Monday of working one less Monday. And for an older person, each day is one less in their lifetime, but who knows what old age is? Used to be sixty or seventy, but now, at least in the Mid west, like the lady who was shopping for groceries behind me in September....she was 98 years old, and the one in MN was 114 last Sunday. Wow. There ought to be special discounts for those over 90 years, I think.

May each of you have a good day and good week; each day comes but once in our lives, so find a way to enjoy and make the most of everyday...

I posted this in pictures, but does anyone here recognize the pattern? Forgotten what it is called but its done with knits.

May each of you have a good day and good week; each day comes but once in our lives, so find a way to enjoy and make the most of everyday...

For sure QNS - that is what I tell everyone that questions all our traveling! We may not go far, but we have a real good time meeting with our friends each month, and meeting new ones that join our group. We travel in our RV because we love it, and we do it while we can. We know that the time will come when we will no long be able to! Life is short, and you never know when your "time will come"......it may be next year, or next month, or tomorrow!

Never seen that before QNS???

Gladie,

the he best part of the trip was the time we spent in Russia. There is a real disconnect between the rich and the poor, not really any group in between. The architecture was awesome, the people are just people trying to make ends meet, like all my of us in a way, but they have it tough over there. Wages are about 1/4 of what we get, but things costs as much or more for them as what we have to pay. I was really pressed with the young people.
    there is still a sense of the Soviet ways with some of the older people. The food was good but we did see evidence of the sanctions in some places.

maggie is recovering nicely from her surgery. She is such a clown, I will never keep her quiet for 2 weeks!

back to the shark costume.

i will try to post a picture but I am on the iPad and rather inept.

Don't know why the pictures posted twice. Told you I was inept! ;D

Janie, my pictures were posting twice, and someone advised me to edit and delete the dual pictures back to one set.
    Think it was OK who came to my rescue. Its not easy, but possible, because it wants to check spelling first, then lets you move the cursor to delete.

Maggie is surely grown since I seen the last pictures of her. Mega has grown a lot too and is getting spoiled.

Maggie is so cute Janie! Thanks for the pic! Awesome photo of Russia! A lot of the photos are showing twice for some reason - it is NOT you!!!!

Jannie! Lovely pict o' Russsia! Your puppy is just darlin'!
    Bev

Today was nice as DNiece came taday & we sewed. She was a bit late then close ta the end she asked about makin' a li'le hand bag outta the scraps for her DF B-day tamarrow. I got it started but in the end she had ta realize that it would have ta be a Christmas present. I did give her some homework for it along w/her regular homework.
    Bev

Yes, Jeanie, enjoy your time traveling with your group for as long as you both enjoy it. I have learned there is a season and a reason for most times on earth. A smile takes less muscles than a frown.

Dublb, keep on teaching and your students will remember all their lifetime what you taught them.

What do you all remember about your youth and what you were taught? I remember a tongue twister from second grade that Mrs. Wagner taught us. " A skunk sat on the stump. The stump thought the skunk stunk, and the skunk thought the stump stunk." Or as a junior in high school, Swedish lady...an old maid, taught us the saying, " everyone is queer except thee and me, and sometimes, I am not sure about thee" was not a reference in today's meaning of the word 'queer', but the old meaning, different or unique as a good person. Words do have power when it causes us to show emotions of laughter or crying...and I was taught to seek laughter and sunshine in every situation. It has helped a lot in life.

May you have a good day and a good week, look for laughter and sunshine.

Right now I'm teachin' my DNiece (age 17) ta sew & my DGNephew (age 8) ta read. I actually went ta DGN's parent/teacher Conference w/DNiece (Different DNiece LOL). We got a lotta tools ta help us w/DGNephew! I hate helpin' him w/his math & she was so helpful! She also said that the practice spellin' tests we do can be his spellin' homework! I have an hour & a half git his homework done & for him ta read ta me then me ta read ta him. He's never had anyone ta read ta him before. He doesn't know what it is supposed ta sound like.
    Bev

Dublb, its called 'sight reading', recognizing words by sight not sound. So you are doing him a huge favor to teach him the 'sound' of words and spelling rules that are 'skipped' today in public schools.

I have a new 'alarm' clock and it goes "Meow". Mega sleeps in her cage in my bathroom and the East Sun wakes her up and she wants 'out, now please!" Guess its a good thing, gets me started of a morning.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Went to our local quilt show yesterday. Very nice--I never know whether to feel depressed because I'll never achieve the perfection in the displayed quilts or to get inspired to improve my techniques & quilting. Today I'm depressed so I'm cleaning LOL. I was really surprised at the number of hand quilted quilts; last year there were maybe 4 or 5, this year about 25. And the hand applique--someone did Affairs of the Heart all by hand. It was awesome. Also a lot of batik quilts this year. I'd post pics but they're on my IPhone and I don't know how to post them. Also, the show is held in a large log cabin lodge and it was very dark in there. A pretty setting for a show but not the best for viewing quilts.

Back to cleaning out closets (I'm never going to be a size 6 again so lots of clothes being donated!)
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    Janie, thanks for the pics. The colors in the church are so beautiful--wouldn't it make a great art quilt? I think many of us find out that people are the same all over--why can't the governments really represent the common folk for a better world? Oh and such a cute puppy. I've been toying with a house cat, too, QNS--heaven forbid there are plenty to choose from right now--guess another new batch has been found. I hope they will be future mouse and rat catchers. I digress--not sure if I want a "Mega" alarm clock--I like to wake up at my own pace
    dublb--you are a Godsend to your family, I hope they appreciate all you do for them. I know those little ones will never forget the time and patience you have spent with them.
    Jan, I know what you mean by intimidation--the FMQ I saw last week on regular machines made me feel the same way. I think we have to step back and realize that we do what we do because we love it and not to be the "best", and just do our best. I still think there is way too much quilting on the standard quilts, but that's JMHO. Oh empty closets mean there's more room for "fabric"!!!

RE: posting pictures. I have found that it's best not to use the little image (tree) icon in the menu bar above when posting a picture. Go to the blue "Go Advanced" button in the lower right hand corner and click on it. Scroll down to blue box "Manage Attachments" and click on it. A dialog box will come up and you can upload your pictures from there with no doubles. Good luck.

I just got in from being out in the gardens on this beautiful fall day. Still have a few rose buds that could bloom and an iris that may bloom before the winter sets in. 5 hours is about all my back can take so now going to do something with the apples I've cooked for apple sauce. One big pot I'm adding cherry oil (the kind you get for making hard candies) and some dried cherries to spice it up a bit. I've also used cinnamon oil to get a "red hot" flavor to the apple sauce. Have a great evening everyone. I'm going to take advantage of this last week of decent weather before it gets cold.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Yesterday was so nice. After bein' up for a bit DH & I went ta Academy so he could spend his gift cards. Well he didn't spent 'em yet. Had ta do some research. LOL Then I went ta my #1DSis's house so she could take a bath. She has been takin' showers & really wanted a bath. I wasn't sure that she could git outta the tub by herself but she pulled it off. Then DH & I went ta HEB & bought stuff for him ta grill last night & a roast for supper tanight. (It's been in the crock pot for the last 4 hours!) I then spent several hours sewin'. After supper we watched movies.
    Taday has been nice too. After the Texans game I went ta Handcocks & bought a few things. The lines were so long though! I did have a 20% coupon! Now for supper!
    Bev

Thanks, Ok, for the instructions for posting pictures without getting posted more than one.

Dublb, you do bring back memories with the HEB grocery store. My favorite place to browse for bargains. I remember finding a cookie jar painted like a Holstein cow and it "Mooo-ooo" when opened up...wish I had kept it instead of giving it away. And the complete set of dining ware....silverware, glassware and table setting for four...just 6.99 a box.....gave away an eight piece and a twelve piece to neighbors in CC.....but kept a Christmas setting for twelve and Green and white Easter set for twelve.

Page 407 of 542 FirstFirst ... 307 357 397 406 407 408 417 457 507 ... LastLast