Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 05-30-2013, 11:55 AM

DD, welcome back! Do you still know how to use the machine now you're almost back to your old self again?
Old 05-30-2013, 12:16 PM

Anael, how are the babies doing at home? Have not heard for a few days! This Sew Grand Grandma wants to know!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:27 PM

Back from town and unloaded everything myself and put away all groceries with three big fryers waiting my attention in the kitchen sink...at 89 cents a pound for chicken, I got three. Also, since our Ben Franklin is closing on the 15th of June, a big portion of what I got was fabric and notions from them at 30 percent off. US Cellular has a water resistant cell phone now, so that is what I selected. the hinge broke in the other one, so even with a new battery, it was a problem.

yep, Dh did clean up the garage a bit; floor is swept and things look a bit neater. It was his day yesterday at dishes and he finally washed them this morning...finishing just as I got home.

Water is rising here very fast. It started raining before I came out of Wal Mart, last stop of the morning...a small group stood waiting for it to let up...so I wise cracked that I thought I had ordered it wait on the rain until I got home...and of course everyone laughed. Weather is saying two more days of 'possible tornadoes' in the area. Conditions are right for them to form. Hurricanes were the watch word on the Gulf; I always said, "Well, I guess if the Lord wants me to have a clean attic, He will take the roof off the house!" but it never happened. May all of you be safe.

Yes, how are the Sew Grands doing?

Last edited by QuiltingNinaSue; 05-30-2013 at 12:30 PM. Reason: change a word.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:53 PM

DD, great block from Anne and they all look so nice together. You & I must have been on the same "trip" last week; I also had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic I was on. Floated along on some Benadryl for a couple of days til my red body turned pink and now normal.

QNS, please be careful with that rising water! I'm a Weather Channel junkie and it doesn't look good for your area.

Anael, I love the colors you're using in your quilt; it's soft but has bright colors, too. You have a good eye for color.

Good news I have to share: the house is sold!! Just got back from signing all the paperwork. What a relief. I was so afraid of a 100 yr old house sitting empty much longer. Thanks for all your good wishes!!
Old 05-30-2013, 03:41 PM

D_D and Jan glad you are both feeling better.

Honchey--great block for D_D!

Jan--yay for a sold house! Don't you love all the "sign here" and "initial here" when buying and selling?

QNS--glad you made it home even if you were a little wetter than when you left. It didn't start raining here until just before 5 tonight and it poured. I was in the clubhouse so waited it out a bit. My DH has a US Cellular water resistant phone...he's jumped in the river a couple times with it in his pocket and it keeps working...much to his surprise! He forgets he has it along sometimes.

This morning I took the kids to shoot at the bow hunters club nearby. When we got home DD and I made brownies with peanut butter frosting...I am willing to share in the RV if anyone wants one. After picking up the house I went to the clubhouse. The binding is on the LC quilt but not all sewn down yet...tomorrow. DD needed help with her quilt again...she is at the quilting stage and doing QAYG like I do...lots of pinning which she doesn't like. She is having fun playing with the decorative stitches though.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:17 PM

Yes, bad weather here; it hit the South side of Kirksville, Mo., taking the roof off of US Cellular and Lutheran Church there, but no one hurt. Line man trouble shooter from the telephone company was telling us all about that. We had a cable discount again to dh TV, so he dropped by to help out.

Got four new quilting books today; love them.

JanRN, glad you have one less thing to worry about tonight and that the house deal went through. Happy you and DD are feeling better.

Carrie sounds like you had a full day...DD should be thankful she has a Mother to teach her the quilting ins and outs. Maybe she will in turn teach her daughter some day. Yes, those brownies sound very good; one with my hot tea in the virtual RV, please.

And where o where is QuiltE and oksewglad and gardengal?????
Old 05-30-2013, 06:07 PM

I'm home from Delaware ...sister cut my hair...it's real short...real short!!!....Just had a very relaxing bath...opened my mail and I have a beautiful MB from Oksewglad along with some strips of vintage fabric for a quilt I would like to do in the future...Will take a photo tomorrow..it is so pretty...
I'm glad you all like DD's block ...especially you DD...Glad you're feeling better! You too Jan....good news about the house....I keep Benadryl in the house all the time...I think we become more allergy prone as we get older...
Bad weather again in the mid west....The weather here is hot, hot, hot!!! driving home today the gauge in the car outside was 96 degrees.....I'm having both grandsons for a sleepover Saturday...The oldest has never spent a night away from his Mom so it's going to be quite a night....I better get my rest so it's goodnite for me...see ya later guys...
Old 05-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Power Poster

As usual so much chatter, Jeanie still haven't located the camera to take a pic of the B. Fritchie's Star. That's my mission tonight! DD lovely star scrappy from Honchey! Sew Glad yours arrived Anne and that you like it. Hey short "do" in time for hot weather! Enjoy the grands. I see DD's sharing a cuppa with QNS--great addition.

Jan, I'm a TWC junkie, too so am always checking who's under the radar--yes QNS we've been watching your weather too. Looks like what you had today slid to the east as it went north--was able to get some lawn mowed after a trip to town today. Since I'm not in the field- I might as well get something done outside. Bought a few flowers today. This is the time to put in perennials--you don't have to water them and they should grow.

RE: Benedryl Did you know that Tylenol PM is Benedryl and Tylenol? I keep the B on hand for DS's allergies when he comes to visit, also if someone gets into the wild parsley (bad rashes from it) and for the occasional sleep aid. Why didn't I think of it last night when it was 3:00 AM and finally sleeping at 6:00?--groggy day today.

Thanks for the brownie, Carrie--but I scraped off the frosting--not a peanut butter fan, but don't let that keep you from sharing them again. DD's lucky to have a mom like you!

So what's the next step on the GChoice quilt, Anael? Your Nelly Moser is so pretty. My clematis is just starting to green up and have two more to plant at the fence at the end of the lane. Such a nice plant to have in the garden, isn't it?

Welcome back April--glad you are on the mend. Our daily aches and pains are so minor to what you must have been through.

Later--stay safe all.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:22 AM

OksewGlad:My clematis is just starting to green up and have two more to plant at the fence at the end of the lane.
Our clematis are starting to bloom; and the Irises are trying to steal the show spot. We set out 6 more red clematis with our rose bushes on the fence next to the YY highway. Stark Brothers Nursery recommended we plant the clematis in with our roses, so we have been going in that direction. Rose bushes are getting some size to themselves, so dh does not have to buy me roses...I just step outside the house or view them from the mailbox.

Honchey, I hope you post the picture of your MB from OksewGlad. Good to hear from both of you.

Weather here is dark and gloomy....again. Going to try to create sunshine inside...somehow.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:23 AM

I'm here QNS. I've been working in the garden in the morning this week. I got Easy Street bordered and to the quilter in Tuesday. I've started a class project that I'm planning to use as a quilt for my great grand. Plus I've had a very special quilt spinning around in my head that I want to start NOW! My DGS was in an IED attack 2 1/2 years ago and now has PTS among other things. He was getting better physically....he still had all of his limbs but a vertebrae in his back was broken and they finally got that fixed but he still has problems with his back...but he was stuck so far as anything that he might want to do after he's discharged from the Army. Along comes this young father who is stuck in the Army for medical reasons also...nothing from battle though....and he's sort of taken my DGS under his wing and he has helped my DGS see some possibilities as well as get some fun out of their situation now. It has been so encouraging for the entire family!! Anyway I found this quilt pattern on Moda The Morris Apprentice that would use up leftovers from PC and Jamestown and make a really nice quilt for him and his family and it's calling to me real loud.
DD...that block is perfect.
JanRn....happy ending to the house sale.
Carrie...have you tried glue basting for your DD? It works really great and especially for smaller QAYG projects.
QuiltE...I've found a cow pattern but have to scan it into my other computer which I just haven't gotten to.
OK...I too love clematis. The one I planted last year has bloomed and two of the five I planted this year are blooming.
QNS....you got your DH moved into his room because the stress level was high when you worked together....having him move back in seems to be a step backwards. Why not have him keep his machine and do all if his piecing in his room and only use the new machine for quilting? Easy for me to say, huh?
Honchey...short hair works great for the summer. I did enjoy seeing your picture.
Groceries this morning and sewing this afternoon. It promises to be a rainy, stormy day. Stay safe everyone!