Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 446 of 542 FirstFirst ... 346 396 436 445 446 447 456 496 ... LastLast
Results 11,126 to 11,150 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Carriem, Your DD's quilt turned out great! very colorful and I like the way you bordered it..I've only seen crazy quilts with no borders..

Bev, have a good time with your students tomorrow..make copies of everything to hand out to the students..saves a lot of questions & answers from them..

Jan, Jan, Jan, you are so busy in your retirement!!! Pictures please???

OK, You too are a very busy person...it's good to know that you take the time to enjoy your surroundings...
    QNS, Hi to you, hope you are doing ok too!

I had a wonderful time with my sisters this past couple of days...Yesterday before I left them eldest sis decided we would have a facial, mudpack included with photos of us all taken by the maid..I will post them when she sends them to me..They are hilarious to say the least....We had a lot of fun...Now it's back to the grind of everyday living for me..
    Have a good day all of you,,,catch you later, H.

Honchey,....Pictures of mud faces???? do you dare sent us a copy privately or on PC discussion???

Lovey work, Carrie. Progress is good.

Ok, Memorial Day is coming; company and enjoying a chat is good. I do not always decorate the graves for MD, just grow them on our place and feel close to departed family that way. Seems like the flowers are stolen or grabbed by someone else for their own use. So many years we were not close to home area...so out of practice, I guess. Family history seems to be stopping with me...time passes by so quickly.

Back to finishing hot pads...broke a machine needle, so had to pause and replace it. Cooler weather moving in this week.

Nina, the photo is so funny I just have to share it when my sister sends it to me...it's a pink mudpack and it as slathered on. we have funny sunhats on too!...

We got home last Thursday, enjoyed my time with DS and his family and then our RV group rally. I picked up a some more yardage at a LQS that I visit every time I'm in Phoenix. Great fabric at great prices. All cotton fabric is only $6.95 a yard, and they have two very large storage shelf units with fabric at $3.95 a yard. I always hit the $3.95 a yard fabric first, then check out the rest of the store. Really friendly workers, always very helpful.

I see everyone is very busy, as usual. My three tomato plants really grew while I was away. Can't wait for them to ripen! Yum.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Carrie that quilt is great--love the bright jewel-like colors and that border fabric is to die for! Great job!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

The colorful pot holders to brighten up friend's new apartment: Name:  1-DSCN0101.JPG
Views: 88
Size:  87.0 KB

And that brings me back to making borders and finishing quilt tops: Name:  1-DSCN0099.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  77.1 KB

JeanieG, dh has used the wall of water with his and they are blooming and setting on tomatoes. Looking forward to eating a home grown tomato. And canning a lot of quarts of tomatoes. One LQS has a shelf of $3.00 per yard fabric. That's where I go first in her shop.

Oh! I love all the eye candy! I am still tryin' ta get ready for my class tamarrow. I have my half hexies cut, 2 rows sewn & my instructions written up. Now ta pack up.
    Last edited by dublb; 05-17-2015 at 03:24 PM.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Nina, What a "hoot" the pot holders are..sooo cute! I forgot to mention that DH got me 2 patio tomato plants..I hope they survive with the help of my son. All he has to do is water & fertilize, no weeding involved....

Thanks for the compliments on DD's quilt. Jan I knew you especially would like all the batiks. I didn't realize most crazy quilts didn't have borders...I just thought this one needed something to calm the eye it is so bright/busy.

QNS--those are some great potholders...what a thoughtful gift!

Dublb--I look forward to seeing your class project and hearing how it goes tomorrow.

Jan--Can we see some pictures of your finishes too?

This mini is the class I am gonna teach.
    Name:  Mini Northern Lights (modified for class).jpg
Views: 84
Size:  65.3 KB
    The pattern is Northern Lights but I changed the pattern. I did in in my colors then added a row & a column.
    Tomarrow I will teach glue bastin', & matchin' diagonal seams. They will go home & finish the li'le top then on June 1st I will teach 'em spray bastin' on the wall, stress free SID (just go real slow) & machine binding w/a flange.
    Bev

Sounds like a great class Bev, wish I could take it!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I wish that ya could come too! I'd love ta have all o' ya'll!
    Bev

Bev--I agree with Jeanie. Looks like it would be a fun class to attend. That's a lot of hexies for each quilt!

Have fun, Bev. I'd love to learn how to do a flange binding.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    Cute pot holders QNS...like you I'm waiting for a fresh from the garden tomato..Jeanie...so lucky to be enjoying them soon....temperatures could be in the high 30's tonight. Not tomato growing weather and a blustery day today.

Guess we'll have to gather round the campfire for Bev's class's....Have a good one.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I have been sewing since I was in Jr High School! Use to make all my wool straight skirts that were so popular in high school. They only took 1 yard of wool, and something, I think it was taffeta, for the seat lining. Anyone else make those skirts??? I think the wool was something like $5.00/yd.

Yes, I made them and the wrap around skirt also!

Good News!!!! Laurie is mailing my book today..I should have it by Thursday or Friday!!! Yay!!!

Honchey--that is VERY exciting news!!! YAY!

Hope she gets mine in the mail, too!

Three cheers for Laurie! She shipped my book today by priority mail and sent me the tracking number!

She shipped my book today also! Yay!

Boy oh Boy Nina, Send some of those Angels my way! helped DH clean the garage all day yesterday and can hardly move today.. sat on a sewing machine chair on casters that need to be replaced vacuuming the floors. He wanted to use the leaf blower to do the floors.. What a mess that would have made.. It's a big garage 28' x 32'..

On to better subjects...

What shall the title of the new thread be? How many blocks per week? We need to see what these blocks look like before we decide.. if I remember correctly there was a mention that they would be more difficult or intricate.

Page 446 of 542 FirstFirst ... 346 396 436 445 446 447 456 496 ... LastLast