The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 06-22-2013, 12:58 AM

Remember the picture of my back yard a time ago?[ATTACH=CONFIG]420437[/ATTACH]

This is how it looks now:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]420438[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 03.05.2013-576-x-432-.jpg   juni1.jpg  
Old 06-22-2013, 03:05 AM

Beautiful Crazy Block, pity we can't see the whole block, they are such a lot of work..

Love your back yard Anael, it looks very inviting to sit and have a cuppa and maybe read a good book, enjoying the sunshine

Time for bed for me, chat to you all tomorrow
Old 06-22-2013, 04:29 AM

Anael, thank you for the garden pics. With my brown thumb, these are the only plants I can "grow"--I have a virtual garden!
I need some advice from all you gardeners. My neighbor has the most stunning rose bush. The buds and early blooms start out as yellow then change to peach to dark orange to almost red as they blossom. She trimmed it and gave me a large piece with a few roots on it. We planted it with lots of rose food and have been giving it lots of water everyday and have it staked straight. Do you think it will take or should I cut off another branch and try to root it some other way? She said she started hers a few years ago by just sticking it in the ground and now it's huge. You all have such beautiful flowers, hope someone can give me some advice so I don't end up with a brown stick sticking up in the yard! Thanks!

Bev, love all the blocks you've rec'd. This is an exciting week on this thread--looking forward to more MBs.

I should get lots of sewing done this week--it's supposed to be in the 90's and very humid. I'm not a "summer time gal" so will stay in the A/C and sew. MrJanRn & DS are putting a roof on a storage shed this morning already to try to beat the heat. Have a great week-end everyone.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:51 AM

Love all the chatter since I went to bed last night; gave me more to read this morning! Dublb, enjoyed every picture, so precious picture of your niece and her pillow; beautiful picture of crazy quilt blocks and oh.....the mystery blocks!!! Love the picture of all of them together. Yes, Dublb, I received the picture of house one.

Mirabelle, thanks for the update on ds. Have a good night's rest.

Anael, love how your garden spot grew; very inviting to want too step into it and rest a bit. Maybe to pretend to read a book while enjoying the outdoors...an extension of the house.

Carrie, my $$ would not stretch to get the $1500.00 she first suggested at the shop; nothing was set up in the shop, so it was like the old expression of buying a pig in a poke. No idea of what any desk was going to look like or work with the machines. Or that the factory would build one backwards to the sitting position of the one who is sewing. It's all pressed wood and three times as expensive as it should be in my book. But its probably the only sewing desk I will ever have for my machines, so I want one that fits right, and that we can use well with each machine. I sure hope we can agree on one that will and fit into our retired budget. I went on line and downloaded from Horne the ones I want to consider.

Stay safe, Janie. May the waters go down so you can get home. JanRN, stay cool. Going to try doing that myself today. GrannyQ, promise to remember thyself, and keep your strength up....in caring for dh. If I can help in any way, let me know. I am not that far away.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:31 AM

Bev--thanks for the pictures. Your MBs are coming together. DN's pillow turned out nicely. The embroidery is beautiful.

Anael--have a great time with the grandkids. I am sure Mick will be happy to go for a walk with you. I like seeing the before and after pictures of your yard...looks very pretty.

Jan--those roses sound like they would be a sight to see. Hope you can get them to grow, sorry I have no suggestions. Have fun in the sewing room. What are you working on these days? Quilting or piecing?

QNS--I understand about the money not going as far as we would like it to sometimes. Praying you can find a good solution and have a nice trip to the shop and back home again.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:50 AM

Hi Everyone, Last night was my first on the CP in over a week...read over 20 pages of "chatter" and found out that I'm not the only one suffering with a "Bursitis"...I can finally walk without pain most of the time...if I do too much it starts to sneak up on me...I'm in the middle of physical therapy and it is helping tremendously...I couldn't take a step without pain before and now I can single step up 2 steps now..I couldn't do that before either...
My older sister was here for a visit and we cleaned out the garage...me on a rolling stool without arms... DH followed me around being my "legs" to carry out the uneeded "stuff" that had accumulated over 20 years...
The Attic will be done next after a short "spell" down south...DH wants to celebrate the 4th of July in NC...The little town of Calabash goes "all out" for all the Holidays...reminds me of times gone by years ago....
For some reason or other I was bogged down by all I had to do and still do and the oral surgery and work and my hip acting up I had to take a step back and drop out for a while....I have stopped starting new projects and will try to finish some older WIP's...The FWS is caling to me as I see the side triangles every once in awhile.
DH went to the post office to post my June MB to _______ this morning..I'll tell you a story about it after it's been posted by it's receiver...It was almost my downfall...
I'm so glad all of you have kept the "chatter" going...over 4500 posts...Amazing!!!
See you later...H.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

What a treat to hear from you Honchey! And getting the garage cleaned out is a big bonus. When a PC rider goes AWOL, it doesn't mean we go AWOL in our thinking! Glad to hear you are making baby steps to your recovery.

Prayers out to MrGrannyQ and GQ as you navigate this new chapter of your life.

Flowers whether for real or on cloth are so lovely. My white Siberian iris started blooming this morning. A pleasant site after emptying the rain gauge of 4 inches of rain-that doesn't count the 1.7 we got yesterday. River could be high. Some spots received 7-8 inches overnight. More rain in the forecast.

A new quilter hiding behind that pretty blue pillow. What fun!

GGal so touched you were inspired by Emily's quilt. Anxious to see what you come up with. As you know BHunter has several old shirt quilts.

I'm still Ilean Wright this morning. Waiting for the Aleve to kick in. And we fly out when....? Can't sit any longer. Later.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Power Poster

MiraB ... great that your son got his "wings" so quickly!! Good for all three of you! .... of course, he knows you are only a hop-skip-jump away if he sends and SOS. Are you going stir-crazy with your Dr. enforced immobility? I bet you are doing a lot of mental quilting, and getting WIP queued with all the necessary supplies kitted .... and all ready for when you get the green light. ......... I bet you are totally frustrated too!

OKSGlad ... what a great pair of blocks you made for DublB. So YOU ... and perfectly pointy (and so you again!)

DublB ... good to "see" you have unpacked! ... bet you're ready to go again! So what was the post office mix up ... I know that CarrieM had suggested a slight change to your snail addy before. Would you please email all of us with a verification of your complete address details? THANKS!

Anael ... Hope you have your camera ready while exploring with Mick today! First some healing for LilIsa, then I'm sure there'll be a growth spurt again. How's Bram doing? Great before and after pics of your yard ... a real lush sanctuary now.

JanRN ... That rose sounds like quite a spectable with all its colours!! Now we need some photos!! Your neighbours knows their plant, so I would suspect you'd be best to look to them for guidance. Better still ... tell them to provide their TLC to yours, til you know it is stable!

Honchey ... good to see/hear from you! Here's to continued recovery via therapy and yoru own "being good"! I miss you being here with us, but totally understand. Glad you were able to get MrHonchey and your sister to help with the garage ... better wait til it's a ccccccold day for that attic cleanse!

OKSGlad ... slooooow down and don't go into overdrive, and take a step back in your recovery before you fly away. How is MrOKSGlad's back doing? Soon time to start looking at the Before I Leave To Do Lists and say, oh heck that's not all that important and skip it! How many days til blast off?

Temperatures are a-rising! Humidity with it ... ugh!
No a/c, though the dehumidifier is running in high gear!!!
Some grand sound and light shows going on today, though not much rain ....... yet!
I'm sure that will come.
......... and the HHH is to continue thru til at least Tuesday

So you know where I am hiding out ...........

Last edited by QuiltE; 06-22-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:47 AM

We all went to the supermarket to get some groceries. I didn't take my camera with me. Mick wasn't in a very good mood today but once outside he was happy again. I got him some chocolate sticks but he used the box as a hammer so I told him he has chocolate crumb sticks

Bram is ok. The doctors in Hengelo and Groningen are argueing about the surgery My DS isn't pleased with the fact they still want the surgery done in Groningen and I agree with my DS.

Temperatures have dropped here. No sunshine, no sitting outside anymore!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Power Poster

.......... guess you'll just have to stay inside and sew.
Oh how terrible ............ NOT!

.....................buttttttt Grandma, I was just bein' a kid! (said Mick! )

Poor LilBram ...