Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 455 of 542 FirstFirst ... 355 405 445 454 455 456 465 505 ... LastLast
Results 11,351 to 11,375 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

QNS--I haven't actually cut any fabric or sewn any blocks for the new FW1939s quilt yet. My girlfriend was here for a week. I was teaching her how to paper piece so she can join us come August for this quilt along. She was able to get 4 or 5 blocks finished while here. I have the binding to sew down on my 2nd PC quilt and then do just a little more quilting on DD's quilt and add the binding on that before I start my working with fabrics for the new FW1930s quilt....I am really trying to be good to get these things done as tempting as it is.

Carrie, four or five blocks of FW1930s? You are a stronger person than I; I could not resist sewing a few blocks up to see what it would look like and IF I could do them. . . my own way which is different from the norm and the way you taught your friend. How wonderful to look forward to doing each block with a friend...at your side.

I have quilt miles to go in the month of July to prepare to do the new project... Time will tell how much I get done. So back to the daily tasks here so I can have a chance of getting there. Good luck to all and have a wonderful weekend.

H'mmmph, 8, figure it out!!!;d

QNS, I have the first 2 blocks made in 2 different fabric choices. I was originally planning to use the scraps from FWS & PC but I just didn't love them when I made the blocks. So I tried the same 2 blocks in batiks and I like them much better. I have them on my design wall to see which way I want to go when the time comes. Batiks are a challenge for me--getting the medium, light, dark combo. That's why I'm leaning towards batiks--by the time I do 90+ blocks I should learn a lot about color.

MORE rain--I need an ark!! We're under a tornado warning right now but the sun is shining and it's raining. What strange weather we're having. Glad I live on a hill. But wow, this weather is hard on my joints--I hurt where I didn't even know I had joints.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

JanRN, to quote a friend, "All my joints hurt, and what does not hurt, does not work anymore, and that is not all bad!" I love the thought of batiks in the new quilt project.

Honchey, that number of blocks would put you in the lead position.

Still trying to discipline myself in finishing up some UFOs and not adding more. It is not working very well. LQS offered bargin prices to me...on two pieces of fabric. Sigh. They come home with me. LOL!

Finished FW PC quilt AND DD's Crazy Quilt

I was able to finish up the binding last night on BOTH of the quilts I've been working on this month. Sorry pictures aren't the best...it is cloudy/raining here today.

DD's is crazy quilt blocks with all batiks.

The PC quilt uses Kansas Troubles fabrics plus the teal/green in some blocks and the sashing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow Carrie, those are beautiful. Isn't it fun to finally see the end of our hard work! We are in Whidbey Island, WA visiting friends right now. We will probably be here a couple of weeks.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Great job, Carrie. Wonderful to finish both of them. Perhaps it will spur me onward to complete things as well.

Have fun, JeanieG. Love the Pacific Northwest...and all its beauty.

Love them both, Carrie. I bet DD loves her Crazy Quilt--great colors. PC quilt fits your daybed perfectly; what a nice pop of color in there. Congrats on finishing both of them.

QNS, your flowers are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Blog Entries
    Two great finished Carrie....I really like how you set the various blocks in the PC quilt. Oh now I must continue to work on mine....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Well I am back from Brady but will head back on Wed. LOL Wouldn't have come home but had ta come & get DH. LOL Had a great time. I was introduced ta a really neat shop just north o' San Angelo. Spent many hours laughin' & sewin'.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like sew much fun dublb...New twist to my life with my single brother breaking his leg...when it rains it pours.... we had 5" of rain in 2 1/2 hours a week ago with some fields flooding. But after seeing the wet fields in IL and IN, we know it could have been worse...later
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    I just found out my Quilter's Basket brought in $100...really pleased with a $15 dollar investment, my time and donated items from LQS.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Wow OK, that is great!!! Does the money go to a 4-H club or to the County Fair to help cover costs?

Blog Entries
    The money goes to the 4-H program to help cover membership costs, Carrie, so I really feel good about it.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Congrats, OK--what a great thing you did. I'd have bid $100 on it in a heartbeat!

Congratulations on the generous bid, OK.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Wonderful news, OK. It will help the 4-H group...and they will ve very happy about that I am sure.

Great road trip today; we hit four big Quilt Shops and ate at Hickory Park and some of the meal come home with me. The Mo girls who traveled in my car had never been to Ames, Iowa, so they enjoyed the meal and the big quilt store there. We played musical chair, so the driver got a one on one with everyone in the car and everyone seemed to enjoy it more and feel great about the long ride...next date will be July 30th for the Crazy Redhead's Warehouse sale. Its great to be back home tonight.

What a good person you are to do all that you do for your charities & the 4H group.. The basket was a bountiful one...

As you can see by the time this is posted I didn't sleep very well last night. I've been up since 5 a.m.

Lots of July 4th Sales going on all over...I hope to be very good in spite of them I did cut another quilt while in NC..It's a ribbon weave stack n whack.. I've done a few before and ladies in NC wanted to know how to do it..Hobby Lobby had a clearance rack & I found some suitable fabric for it and now I need the palest of orangy peach soliid or lightly textured fabric for the background side triangles.it will have a navy framing border then a bigger ? haven't decided border...It's very colorful..will post a pic after I get it layed out.. the blocks aren't sewn together yet..
    I think it's almost time for coffee.. later H.

This was a fun quilt to make. I made all the large blocks then had to make small blocks and various borders then put it together like a jigsaw puzzle. Have a happy & safe 4th of July holiday--enjoy our freedom and thank a veteran.Name:  4th of July.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  99.8 KB

WEll done, JanRN. Colorful and looks like the explosives of the fourth of July. Have a happy and safe weekend everyone.

Blog Entries
    Great patriotic jigsaw, Jan.

And yes safe travels to all..we'll have a quiet 4th..May watch local fireworks at dusk...a short 10 miles away.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Love your quilt Jan. How fun to have a Patriotic Quilt!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Something happened to my post never showed up???

Happy 4th of July Everyone....lots of firecrackers going off all day in the neighborhood... quiet otherwise..

Love your quilt Jan...so many different sizes!

QNS, I tried something for the first time and it worked out great...in the centers where 8 pieces come together I sewed just to the centers' point on each seam, back stitched, trimmed to the stitch line , then joined the two sections together, flattened the seams opposite each other and the center twirled..I can't believe it..no extra thread in the end of the seams made it lay nice & flat...WOW!!! is all I can say..

Page 455 of 542 FirstFirst ... 355 405 445 454 455 456 465 505 ... LastLast