Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 465 of 542 FirstFirst ... 365 415 455 464 465 466 475 515 ... LastLast
Results 11,601 to 11,625 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    A perfect start Rosy...did you know there are threads for every week with block pictures? Here's the link to the first week
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...y-t174350.html

I just took a trip down memory lane and must pick this up again..not sure where I left off...
    Yes girl, I go find the thread and have a heck of a time finding them...but do find them then I save the links up to week 10, I think. This way I get there quickly and I do look at all the blocks and then decide which way I want to go and I feel like I am in company. I think I'll do a couple more today and try to get up to speed with the one we are doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    Great blocks, Rosy. Really neat fabric--I've never seen some of those.

OK you would have loved the LQS I visited--tons of mini print fabric. Not leading you into temptation LOL......
    Jan, lol don't need temptation. I don't buy anymore as I have enough and no more room to store. All things must have their storage area lol. I also do dolls and paint and knit, so I have to be organized and stop when I run out of room. These fabrics are quite old, some of them come from Walmart by Spring Mills. SM make a nice fabric and every now then I would see a great novelty fabric at WM. I got Elvis, the Indians, and some birds and other gorgeous fabrics there years ago. Normally I will fussy cut some of these for the pic.

Finished Alabama, will stick with the same fabric theme. I will stop now and go do a little knitting with the puppies, they are waiting ...fabric does weird things sometimes. I cut very carefully and sew precise and yet I see a little pulling at the bottom. I will block that out tomorrow tho.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

OMGosh! Rosie, those are fantastic! If ya keep this up ya will get me inspired to finish mine.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Honchey I think I have some pict's of when I made one of my Jelly roll race quilts. It may take me a bit to get 'em all loaded.
    Take a half Jelly Roll (20 to 24 strips) & 2 yards of a contrasting fabric cut into 2.5" strips. Join the jelly roll into a strip set by sewing all fo 'em end to end. Do the same for the contrasting fabric.
    Name:  Jelly Roll Race Quilt adaptation 1 #1a.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  60.5 KB
    Cut 9 to 18 inches off the end of one of the strip sets.
    Name:  Jelly Roll Race quilt adaptation 1 #2.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  37.8 KB
    (I have a more pict.s so stay tuned.)
    Bev

Name:  Jelly Roll Race quilt adaptation 1 #4.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  45.6 KB
    Put the 2 strip sets right sides together & sew all the way down the side.
    If ya were to put the 2 end together they would line up this way & we don't want the contrasting fabric to be sewn against itself.
    Bev

Name:  Jelly Roll Race quilt adaptation 1 #8.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  31.8 KB
    Find the center of the strip set & cut it. Then bring the bottom of one strip set to the top of the other set.
    See how the line up now?
    Name:  Jelly Roll Race quilt adaptation 1 #9.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  28.3 KB
    Bev

Name:  Jelly Roll Race quilt adaptation 1 #10.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  37.8 KB
    Now sew down the sides of these 2 sets like before.
    It won't line up so cut this little bit off.

Name:  Jelly Roll Race quilt adaptation 1 #16.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  37.5 KB
    Bev

Cut the center again & sew the 2 new strip sets together again...
    Name:  Jelly Roll Race quilt adaptation 1 #17.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  42.5 KB
    & again...
    Name:  Jelly Roll Race quilt adaptation 1 #19.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  46.4 KB

& again... till it is a good quilt size. (If ya were to cut it one more time it will be too narrow.)
    Name:  Jelly Roll Race quilt adaptation 1 #22.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  53.9 KB
    Bev

One end will have the contrasting strip & the other end will have the Jelly Roll strip. Take the Jelly roll strip off that end. (This way the 2 ends will have the contrasting fabric for a border.)
    Attachment 529212
    Square the sides up. Then sew a 2.5" border strip down both sides.
    Attachment 529213
    Finished quilt!
    Attachment 529214
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    OMGosh! Rosie, those are fantastic! If ya keep this up ya will get me inspired to finish mine.
    Come on then, join me lol..

You two have doll making in common, too. Right, Dublb.??????

Ok I decided to make the apple tree this afternoon. The whole time, in my mind, I kept thinking Christmas tree lol....anyway I printed out the pattern of pp and rotary cutting so I could cut the patches and not waste fabric. I laid out the pattern and holy cow!! what a mess lol....I thought I would run right through this right? not!!

Anyway, when it came time for the apples, I'm thinking, where did I see apples? Oh, Mary Englebright of course....oh hell, they are cherries. Well, cherry tree it is lol. Here is that little buggar.

Beauriful, Rosy...you are going along at a good pace. I am very impressed.

Rosy, it is fun to see that block again. I cannot even remember what mine looked like. I finished all the blocks, but divided them up into two lap size quilts. The one with all the horses is completely finished, and the rest of the blocks are sitting in a box.....still sitting in a box... LOL
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Well I like your Cherry Tree. I didn't make the Apple Tree as it didn't go well w/my patriotic fabric.
    Bev

Bev, thanks for the info on the strip quilt; I've never done one but a friend gave me some jelly rolls so I may try your version.

Rosy, I like your cherry tree block. It's fun remembering all those blocks; it's even more fun because I'm NOT the one making them LOL--they were hard for this beginner.

Jeanie, you make me laugh. Get those blocks out of the box and start putting them together. It will make a nice winter project. Oh wait--you're one of the lucky ones that doesn't get winter!!!!

Love the t-shirt, QNS. When we went on our FART the other day my friend wore a shirt that said "a fat quarter is not a body part" LOL.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    Well I like your Cherry Tree. I didn't make the Apple Tree as it didn't go well w/my patriotic fabric.
    It didn't go with my SW theme either but it's patchwork right? lol. I only have a limited amount of SW fabric so other stuff will enter the picture, I just like to mix things up. I will try to make the next two today. I don't know how far I will get as Gym starts today. I am all well now and I need to start back. I have 11 more classes with the trainer and when that is over with, I will only go three days a week instead of 5.

Bev, our first president, George Washington supposedly cut down a Cherry Tree!!!!! You could change the name of the block and call it "George's tree" I had all the pieces cut out yet never got around to doing it.. anyone want to send me the pdf for it?? the files are on my other computer...you girls are encouraging... any of the first FWS should be a breeze for for us..

I am going to my stitchers meeting now. I have a photo of what I did yesterday and I know OK will be proud of me! will post it later...

Blog Entries
    Love the greens in the cherry tree...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    Bev, our first president, George Washington supposedly cut down a Cherry Tree!!!!! You could change the name of the block and call it "George's tree" I had all the pieces cut out yet never got around to doing it.. anyone want to send me the pdf for it?? the files are on my other computer...you girls are encouraging... any of the first FWS should be a breeze for for us..

I am going to my stitchers meeting now. I have a photo of what I did yesterday and I know OK will be proud of me! will post it later...
    Honchey, what size do you want and do you want templates, pp, or rotary cutting

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    Bev, thanks for the info on the strip quilt; I've never done one but a friend gave me some jelly rolls so I may try your version.

Rosy, I like your cherry tree block. It's fun remembering all those blocks; it's even more fun because I'm NOT the one making them LOL--they were hard for this beginner.

Jeanie, you make me laugh. Get those blocks out of the box and start putting them together. It will make a nice winter project. Oh wait--you're one of the lucky ones that doesn't get winter!!!!

Love the t-shirt, QNS. When we went on our FART the other day my friend wore a shirt that said "a fat quarter is not a body part" LOL.
    Lol jan, I am not a beginner but this block was a bugger.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post

Oh this has me intrigued....here's my new quilt inspirationName:  denver+195.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  607.4 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Page 465 of 542 FirstFirst ... 365 415 455 464 465 466 475 515 ... LastLast