Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 469 of 542 FirstFirst ... 369 419 459 468 469 470 479 519 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,725 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Thanks a bunch, QNS, for the conversion chart.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
    I just finished reading this thread, enjoying all the good stuff and grandies. We don't have any Grandchildren as yet lol....Anyway, I had a terrible thing happen to my external drive where I back up all my files. I go to check on something and it was wiped clean, all files gone, probably 3000 or more. Files that have been in there for years but I know the important ones. I got a program that would retrieve them and I am shocked that it could. I found all my files and I have those in a folder and I have been going through them for two days now, saving what I want and deleting what I don't.

It takes a long time as it doesn't put the files back in folders, they just come single file, what a mess. Most of them don't have names, just numbers and a lot of them you have to click on to see what they are. I managed to make one more block before this all happened. When I get done with this, I will burn the files to disk and not trust a drive anymore. I can always transfer from disk to drive when I need to. I'll post the block sometime today and probably take a break from all the sorting.
    Both tasks (is reading +11000 posts a task?)....time consuming....think I would prefer the former to the latter...

Have had a tough weekend..Saturday my BP spiked to 168/100 for most of the day...a bloody nose tipped me off..took my evening meds early and chilled out..I feel worse while the BP comes down...just worn out..I think I have been drinking too much caffeine...my iced coffee during this heat wave is now a no no.. even though it's 2/3 decaf... the morning coffee along with it exacerbated it..good thing we are in for a cool down...off to my sewing. Quiet as the 3 older Grands are at the other grandparents for the weekend.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

If that happens with my files, I think I would search for .jpgs and let the rest go... More power to you, Rosy! I read some of this loooong thread, then thought, "let the past be past and start with the present." :-) It is enough to see you girls are friendly, without seeing it in your past comments, and if I ask a repeat for something that's already been posted, well, you will just know I haven't read the whole thread. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool newcomer. :-)

So, I think I will start the PC quilt and do it slowly, as there doesn't seem to be any hurry in this thread for blocks being posted! lol I'm the slowest with my blocks as most of you have finished them, haha! Maybe someone else joins the thread later, but even then I might be the slowest, who knows? :-p Time will tell.

OK - Ya are rubbing off on me. I have just made a mini Scrappy Irish Chain. It has 13 3.5" nine patches, 8 2.5" X 3.5" 6 patches & 4 2" X 2" 2 patches w/matching whits squares to go between. It has finished out at 19" X 19". I might put a border on it but then again I might not. LOL I am gonna have to see about getting some pict's of it.
    I like the crock pot chart! Thanks Sue!
    Givo & Rosie - I love how these ladies are so patient w/everyone. We all can work at our own pace!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

givio - I have backed up my files on a external hard drive, and also a large volume Zip drive. I have made CD's of the files as well. I need to recopy onto DVD's now that CD drives are not so popular. My last computer only came with a DVD drive, and does not read/copy to CD's. Of course I did not know this when I bought this computer, I just "assumed" that it was a combo drive!!! You remind me that I need to recopy from this computer and update all the backups.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I hope you can read the; its a little small print for me, but blurs when I try to enlarge it.

I don't have any cowboy, Indian, pony type fabrics-- so I decided to use plaid and plain oxford men's shirts. Have you seen Bonnie Hunter's Youtube of cutting down a shirt? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS-09AYE0fM She's fast. I don't rip, only cut. I made the first block and thought, "Bah, this is gloomy." I showed it to my husband and his first remark was, "This is one of your best blocks yet!" I guess my 'A Beauty' is an example of 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder.' The color is bad here-- I've used white and light blue with the dark green. I've got the arms turning the wrong way, I see.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Oh this could be the start of a lovely quilt with a modern edge and a masculine touch...

Can't wait to see your mini, Bev.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Givio I would have loved to do that but I have painting patterns, classes etc that I paidf or and have to get all the bought stuff lol. I just filled a folder with 1000 pictures, thank god they were all in one place.....

Givio, love the block, there is no hurry to do these, I agree. I like doing them when I have the time and I like to sew blocks anyway.

Givo! That's lovely! It's gonna be a wonderful quilt!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I will be burning my files to dvd too...now I don't trust anything that is plugged in.

Busy, busy, busy. Kids are coming in tonight, dh is in a grump and the day has just begun. Shopped yesterday and stocked up on fresh veggies and fruit. They will be here for four days, unpacking the travel trailer of all the 'storage' that I stored there and then to find places for it ??somewhere ?? or toss it., give it away, etc. It (trailer) theirs to take home with them and out of dh's way here. LOl, like in 2 Acres its always in his way! I tell in a few minutes what today will be like, so say a few prayers for me to keep my mouth shut and hands busy with what needs to be done first!

Good luck QNS! It seems that every time I see something that needs fixing, Joe will get huffy about it. It is like he already knows!!! Then why doesn't he do something about it, rather than wait for me to point it out! LOL It really does not bother me any more, I let him get huffy and I go about my business. At my (our) age, I don't let it get to me anymore. I also have trouble keeping my mouth shut! Too bad!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Dh is continuing being an Oscar from Sesame Street. The refrigerator is tooooo full 'cause I buy tooo many groceries for the two of us. Lord has kept my mouth shut so far. We will have three more people in this house Thursday thru Saturday...I love to feed people like my DGM did. This too shall pass. He is mad because he wants a trailer hitch put on my Chrysler van. Budget is saying next month. Sorry, that's what the money says.

Lord will help me get through this storm as He has in the past. Living room is full of van seats and he complained about that cleaning the floor this morning. I quietly reminded him that he had put them there. Thanks for letting me vent a bit, so I can smile again.I am off to make beds for the incoming family.

Blog Entries
    Best to let off steam than to have it build up, QNS..when MrOK gets this way I just keep quiet...never have liked conflict...but then he does the same when it's me doing the grumbling...

Love the van..what would I do? I'd call all my quilt friends and we would have a blast sorting and deciding what to make with it....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

NS, the last thing I would do is get rid of fabric lol.....there must be a wall in a room that belongs to you that you can put some not so wide shelves in that fit all the way to the ceiling and can fit nicely in a corner. Refold all the fabric to fit. Let me tell you, I have triple that amount hahahahahhaha...here is where it is, if this helps.

In the front room closet, I have put three book shelves against the wall way back,that almost reach the top shelf in there, a lot of fabric fits on those shelves. I have extended the shelf above by adding some boards and all the big fabric is up there. In my personal little room (I hope everyone has one of those to get away and close the door lol). I have a huge antique wardrobe (a present from my DSIl). I have shelves put in there and it is filled with fabric. The dresser in that same room, has at least four drawers of fabric. Now, I do have a 12x32 studio and I try not to fill that up but do have a huge cabinet with one shelf full. Then there is a trunk full, and five bins and those I shove under the long arm when I am not using it.

There are places to store fabric, One just have to get creative lol. Remember now, I also have doll supplies and painting supplies lol....hubby know better than to mess with me if he wants to eat.......I don't drink, smoke or gamble, I am entitled hahahhahahah...oh, I don't mess around either ahahahhahaha

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Busy, busy, busy. Kids are coming in tonight, dh is in a grump and the day has just begun. Shopped yesterday and stocked up on fresh veggies and fruit. They will be here for four days, unpacking the travel trailer of all the 'storage' that I stored there and then to find places for it ??somewhere ?? or toss it., give it away, etc. It (trailer) theirs to take home with them and out of dh's way here. LOl, like in 2 Acres its always in his way! I tell in a few minutes what today will be like, so say a few prayers for me to keep my mouth shut and hands busy with what needs to be done first!
    NS, If I had two acres, I would get me a little trailer and park and store and sew in it ahahahhaha

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    Good luck QNS! It seems that every time I see something that needs fixing, Joe will get huffy about it. It is like he already knows!!! Then why doesn't he do something about it, rather than wait for me to point it out! LOL It really does not bother me any more, I let him get huffy and I go about my business. At my (our) age, I don't let it get to me anymore. I also have trouble keeping my mouth shut! Too bad!!!
    You guys are cracking me up today. After all the pc trouble and files and crap, I needed a break badly. I am so busy most of the time, Hubby doesn't get a chance to mess with me and if he is having an off day, I get smart real quick and don't say a word, hey, I dont' have time, I have to concentrate on my blocks lol....He dumped all the paper work on me today and out of all that crap, I only have to pay two bills lol. I don['t say anything as he does all the house work and all I have to listen to is what he did for today lol.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    I went shopping for grocery today too NS. I got some very nice veggies and of course I buy too much, so what. It's buy one get one free on things we use all the time so we save money and it adds up at the end of the year. Nothing goes to waste over here anyway.

NS, what can I say, if it get too bad, put two pieces of toilet paper in each ear and let it hang down, he'll get the message lol. and don't say a word, you can't hear anyway with all that toilet paper in your ears.

QNS, That's a lot of carrying to do, if you've got that truck by your house. I would enlist help. I'd ask a girl friend, or kind neighbor, or sister to come help me store it in the house.

Besides trying to keep your mouth shut, you could try singing. Or, if you don't sing, you could listen to music. Rather than putting toilet paper in your ears (which, by the way, is very funny Rosy!), you could use a cd player in a fanny pack around your waist, or an ipod in your pocket with headphones, or earbuds.

Preparing food, making up beds, cleaning! What a treat you are in for! You will have a wonderful time with your kids! Spend every minute with them while you can. Put your sewing aside, and come back after they are gone. You will be refreshed from seeing them, with new memories to keep you company. :-)

Yes, Yes, Yes, then have a quilting party for a month!!!! When DH gets huffy I ignore him and go out shopping..when I come home I'm calm and tell him that he may not like what I have to say, then take him down a peg or two and tell him he's been rude and when he becomes civil again I will talk to him..He will then apologize...

I had a wonderful time yesterday in Pinehurst, NC..there was only one shop there and they had wonderful original patterns and bright lively fabrics..Had lunch at Panera's then went to Bingo, won $50, then today the monthly Ladies Luncheon..I have to say I'm a little worn out....did manage to switch out the pink fabric in Becky, now I just have to restitch it.
    Last edited by Honchey; 09-09-2015 at 01:33 PM.

2nd PC block, A Dandy. I showed it to my husband and he loved it. He thought it looked like the medals that Kings and Queen wear. So, another gloomy block that he liked. Most of my plaids are greens, blues, browns, and blacks. Why don't men wear pink, yellow, or orange plaid shirts? :-p I can't imagine how gloomy this quilt will be! I do have some red plaid though that can liven it up. I am going to sash the blocks with red as I go-- I have a yard of red plaid. If I cut it into 1 1/4" sashes (raw, 3/4" finished), will it be enough? I have a bit of golden/mustard color plaid that I'll use for cornerstones.
    Attached Images Attached Images

givio, your plaids are wonderful and give off a homespun warm welcome feeling! No its not too dark because of the background you are using. I love it!

Page 469 of 542 FirstFirst ... 369 419 459 468 469 470 479 519 ... LastLast