Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 482 of 542 FirstFirst ... 382 432 472 481 482 483 492 532 ... LastLast
Results 12,026 to 12,050 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

S- - t! I skipped a week"cause I skipped a page in the book..I'll Post 13 and just leave 14..it's too hard to delete...
    I swear I'm not into the wine cabinet!!!

Thanks, Honehey. I think you are human and humans err. Look at the silver lining, you do not have to 'Post' next week! LOL!

So I posted my Crystal and Daffodil. The Daffodil with April Showers that bring May flowers!

My dh has a hip out of place that refuses to 'stay' in place and is very painful to him. Chiropractor thinks it will stay in this time... we hope so. He is giving it a complete rest for a couple of days.

Have a good day everyone.

Hi everyone, I am back from our 2 week trip. I caught some of the posts at my sons, so have some catching up to do. So sorry to hear about your continued problems Anne! And QNS -so sorry about your DH hip. My ex-husband had to have 2 hip replacements both hips (he passed away at 50), I had long divorced him. His hip used to go out too! Indeed, so painful.

Anyone heard from dublb? I am so concerned about her due to the horrible flooding in Texas.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

JeanieG, Dublb went to Temple, Tx., to visit a friend. Not sure if it rained there. I know the Coastline at Corpus Christi, Tx., had a big flood there. Lived through several of those, seen junior high kids picked up in rowboats from school. LOL! A different kind of place to live. Love to visit there again, but not to live there, thank you!.

Hey Ya'll! I am back. Got back yesterday actually. I had a great time & stayed up late everynight sewing w/my DF. Then on Thurs I drove to Brady & met DD, her family, & DH. We gave DD my DMIL's sofa, end tables, coffee table & 2 teal lamps. They brought a U-Haul trailer to take it all w/'em. We still have stuff here in Midland for her but haven't had a chance to take 'em to Brady. She will have to get 'em later. This next weekend we will take a few things & both DSons are gonna come & do some rearranging before we take the big things.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Glad you escaped the flooding dublb - I as worried about you.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Interesting to hear everyone's news.... Hope you are on the mend, those that are out of sorts, and hope home welcomes the one that have been away from it...
    I've finished the baby quilt for my new granddaughter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cute baby quilt Givio! I can see her dragging this around as her favorite!

Blog Entries
    Sew cute...it will be well loved, givio
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Love that, Givio. Lovely little girl quilt.

OK have you heard of Tempo SC Ultra from MFA farm store that kills all the crawly bugs (spiders, etc, ) once a year spray, inside and outside kills all spiders, etc. Does not harm animals or people, and all the 'bugs' come out into the middle of the floor and die, so all you have to do is to swept them up and dispose of them. You can use it safely inside the kitchen, sheds and garage area, inside and out. Our neighbor put me onto it and we are going to try it and see what luck we have. I will ocnsider $12.50 well spent if it kills all the spiders for a year, inside and out...everywhere.

Dh's hip is better today. He drove us to town and back, and got out of the car a couple of times for a hair cut and to get a drain pipe he wants to use as a chicken feeder. I got a Pork Roast, added our canned apple pint and brown sugar to it and apple cider to the roast. It came out very tender and Dh can eat it without any teeth. Still need to contact a dentist to have the right person look at his gums and see what the problem is that he has in his gums. He cannot wear his new teeth at all...with his gums swelling up so much.

Got Dotty finished yesterday....so I am ready for next week on FW 1930. See if I can sew a bit on one UFO tomorrow.

Givio, cute quilt for your DGD. I just finished sewing down the binding on my DGS's Pittsburgh Penguins throw for Christmas.Name:  Penguins Quilt.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  625.4 KB
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    How many quilts left to bind, Jan? Ladies, if the Reno takes too long we may need an intervention for the Steelers can....

Not familiar with that product QNS...doing a Google search now...MrOK and I went for a drive today to pick up farm supplies..Got bird seed...37* according to radio late this afternoon..some whilst stuff blew across the road...I'm calling it sleet...here's a pdf link

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...Xzx2A1-OdO0Qgw

I think it's pretty strong stuff IMHO

Tomorrow is another bill paying day..Work on Friday..later
    Last edited by oksewglad; 10-28-2015 at 05:26 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Thanks, OK, I printed it off to read. It has no odor. Small dogs have played after its dried and had no effect on them or any human in the area regardless of age according to the neighbor who is a very strong family person...she had eight kids...now has DGC and GGC who visit her place a lot and babies that crawl on the floor. she has used it for several years, but formulas change without us being aware of them.

Nice quilt, JanRN. I am not a sports fan, I guess. Watch very few games every year.

Ninasue, have you tried DE?

Well, I just really haven't felt into the fws blocks this week for some reason. Maybe I'll work on crystal tonight, but I am giving myself a pass on daffodil. I just don't like that block at all and refuse to spend my limited, and therefore valuable, sewing time fighting with her. I'm working on a simple throw for our couch out of a couple charm packs. Going to do a simple hst design, but can't decide if I should do one block, or a sampler. I'm thinking a simple Ohio star will do. Finished blocks will be 16" so there will only be 12, plus the border. Got them all sewed the last two nights, and tonight I plan to press and trim. Sometimes its nice to do something a little simple!

Other projects in the works include, but aren't limited to the following:

1. Queen bed quilt in progress from these blocks: http://wombatquilts.com/2015/10/05/h...broken-dishes/ I'm doing 3 colors - blue, aqua, and pink, all in bright jewel tones with low volume. Some will be the color scheme she did hers in, but others will reverse the color/background areas. It's a fun block that comes together really quickly. This is a long term project, and I'm in no rush with it.

2. Mom's table runner and placemats for thanksgiving - haven't worked on these in a while, I should probably open that bin and reassess where I am since thanksgiving is right around the corner! Also, I really should just bang this one out. Once it's finished, all of my deadline projects will be done. Might make some simple gifts for family members for christmas, but haven't decided. I really kind of want to have something in my apartment that I made.

3. FWS - don't wanna talk about it.

4. There's gotta be more...
    Jenny B

Blog Entries
    I checked out the combat quilts site, Nice colorway to use with these blocks...please share...this would be a nice pattern for any colorway...Very geometric...

Think I'm calling it quits on Time to Commit. I'm running out of interesting fabric and just don't want a dog vomit quilt...so playing with settings etc. Organized my 3/4" strips by colors as I want to do some controlled scrappy mini logs....

Have a good day...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

What is time to commit?
    Jenny B

It's still time to commit you when you organize 3/4" strips!!!!!!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    A while back I posted a quilt (large) made of tiny bits of scraps made by a quilter in the 30's or 40's...I shared with my sister that this was my next quilt inspiration. She emailed me back 4 words...Time to commit you...so it has now become my Time to Commit project

Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    It's still time to commit you when you organize 3/4" strips!!!!!!
    Glad we are half a continent away....you may come to get me and...take me away take me away to the funny farm, where life is beautiful all of the time......
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Oh! Yes. Time to commit, completely makes sense now! Those are impressive though!
    Jenny B

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyquilter View Post
    Oh! Yes. Time to commit, completely makes sense now! Those are impressive though!
    The inspiration in the first pic was hand quilted, too. That gives me a get outta....pass, right?
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

OK, You're working outside the home now, busy with your family, making mini quilts for hospital charity, still have the cows and now you're still doing itsy, bitsy piecing??? I will come out there & commit you myself...Do you sleep???

Blog Entries
    Of course I sleep...I love to sleep...I have forgone my afternoon naps and go to bed earlier and sleep 7-8 hours depending on how physical the day before was. I'm turning over a new leaf in my old age Today was mentally grueling as I spent time stretching the milk check as far as it can go...had a bank appointment in the afternoon as well..since MrOk doesn't touch the books that means his right hand goes along...in all fairness he does have a handle on where we are sitting financially, but "lets" me crunch the numbers....part of the contract I signed onto many years ago...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

JanRN, that binding sets it off nicely!
    QNS! Oh, my! What will you do without spiders? You will be crawling with insects if you eliminate spiders, as many spiders eat insects. My husband would love your tender Pork roast, to eat without teeth. :-)
    Huskyquilter, I agree with your #4. :-p
    oksewglad, but it's nice to do things together, nice to be a 'right hand.'
    Last edited by givio; 10-29-2015 at 07:44 PM.

Spiders come into the house for winter....large black ones. Little spiders that control base boards and corners do have lots of poison in their bites, we try to 'rid' our selves of them...and other crawling bugs. But we do not like to put chemicals into our soil or home, so try to keep a balance there. One needs a chemical degree today to read any packaged material list of ingredients. And fabrics are not listed as to their chemical treatments on the market. Many cannot handle new fabrics for that reason.

Progress is what its called, I guess. Thanks, Ok, for the reminder I should have looked it up on the internet. That, for some reason, did not occur to me. LOL! We all have shared so much on this journey, and helped one another, that I ask here first! I am cleaning up the QR to continue with UFOs...offered OK my notebook from PC, but she declined. I kept all the templates, etc., from the project.

Dh is ready for his breakfast. Time for me to cook him one. Have a good day!

Page 482 of 542 FirstFirst ... 382 432 472 481 482 483 492 532 ... LastLast