Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 489 of 542 FirstFirst ... 389 439 479 488 489 490 499 539 ... LastLast
Results 12,201 to 12,225 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Sounds good Bev!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I am having asthma. I didn't wheeze the whole week in Brady but started coughing as soon as we pulled into Midland. I was up till 5 am. I am hoping for a good night tonight.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Bummer, Bev.....something in the air,maybe?
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Yup. It is cedar pollen season. Oct to March is cedar pollen. The Davis Mnt.s are 200 t0 300 miles to the west of of Midland & the wind blows right over the Davis mnt.s. Then there is nothing to slow it down from there so it just blows it straight through. Brady is on the west end of of the hill country so when the wind blows it carries any pollen away from us.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Another reason to move "outta Dodge"....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

That is my thought!
    Bev

Bev, hope you feel better soon. I've been sick since Friday, flat on my back with a sinus/ear infection with constant vertigo. Wow were things spinning. Was upright for a few hours yesterday and most of today so hope the worst of it has passed.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Dh stated that we are'nt going back to Brady till I am better. I told him that if I don't get better we are going so that I can get better!
    OH Jan I wish that ya didn't feel so bad. I have been dizzy at different times. HUGGS
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Gosh Jan, just when you could get back to sewing again...hope everyone else is healthy...how's the therapy going Honchey?

Planning on making a shopping run to the "City" tomorrow....must get things done and stuff in the mail...later
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

So sorry you guys are feel poorly! Get well soon!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Oh, Jan! I was dizzy once and thought it was awful... I didn't know what sickness I had-- I thought something terrible happened in my head/brain and I might be dying. lol

Another time, when I was young, I drank 2 strawberry daiquiris in a row, got up to use the bathroom, and felt tipsy. I thought, "Why in the world would anybody want to feel this way?!" It totally cured me of any desire to drink alcohol.

Hi Ok, The first round of PT is done and every couple of days my calf acts up. I think I may have to have another round..I see the Dr. next week...

Jan, when you drive don't move your head side to side too quickly... I had that problem when Vertigo decided to visit me.

Bev, Is Brady where you have the field of Bluebells? just curious.. I know what you mean about the house looking so big without all the furniture..When I come home to NJ I feel crowded with all the "stuff" I've accumulated over the years...

I hope all of you get better quick..It's no fun being sick!!!

Brady is in the hill country so yes they do have a ton of bluebonnets when it rains. In our li'le housing development the club had a president a few years ago that started mowing the fields before the bluebonnets had seeded out. So in our area there aren't very many bluebonnets. I plan on getting not just bluebonnets but a bunch of different wildflowers in my vacant lots.
    Here is a TX Bluebonnet.

http://shop.wildseedfarms.com/Texas-...ductinfo/3228/
    Bev

Hey, Dublb, I will contribute to your wild flower funds to seed down more of your place and lot....email me when you plan on ordering the seed. Loved the wild flowers when we were in Texas! The highway between SA and CC were miles of the blue bonnet, Indian paint brush and etc., were beautiful to see.

Sunny days today and tomorrow. May you all have sunshine in your lives today, and feel very good today.

"Poorly drained, clay based soils with 8 hours of direct sun." Would never grow here! lol Pretty flower though.

Oh Thank you Sue! The time to plant Bluebonnets is late Aug. Look what else I found late last night.
    http://shop.wildseedfarms.com/Ladybi...ductinfo/3205/
    Next year we will probably be looking into ordering these.
    Bev

Remind me then, Dublb.

One day outing with the neighbor lady, Patty, was so enjoyable today with good weather and bargains found. Fabric short pieces, 1/8 of a yard to put into FW1930 and some Christmas fabric to go with what I have on back burners, and some for scrappy quilts later. Shopped at the Dutchman's Store, ate in Bloomfield and had excellent lunch and seen Ann's shop in the afternoon. Nice to have a good conversation with another woman.

I had a nice day, too, yesterday QNS. And you are so right--it's nice to talk with the ladies. Went to Joann's and to a shop called Little Foote Quilt Shoppe. The lady that owns it invented the Little Foote and Big Foote feet for sewing machines and invented her own version of paperpiecing to go along with the feet. She has many of her quilts on display and uses colors in ways I'd never imagine. Each one was beautiful and inspiring. She has many patterns she has invented so there's always something new to see. You can Google Little Foote Quilt Shoppe Evans City PA and see her work.

Still not feeling 100% and driving to meet my quilty friends thru winding country roads was not fun. But I'm glad I got out and was able to keep up with them. Pooped out when I got home tho. Hope to get some sewing done today altho I should probably do some cleaning that didn't get done while I was sick. N0000-I'll sew LOL.

I am feeling a bit better today too Jan. I sure am tired of sleeping piled up on pillows. I did go to sleep night before last at 3 & last night at 12. The more sleep I get the better I feel. I do think I will sew today too.
    Bev

Hello, hello it's a blustery day in longwood Fl today but the sun is shinning and I sat outside and let the sun beat down on the back of my neck as it was hurting. I have cervical arthritis and can handle it but there are those days. I gave up and took two ibuprofen and feel much better now.Lol. I hope everyone gets better for the holidays. I won't be doing any blocks until after the holidays but I will be checking in......

I am so glad that your neck settled down after a bit Rosy.
    I do feel better & even went to Handcocks & my LQS. I did sew a bit tonight.
    Bev

I have to tell you about an experience I had at Joanne Fabrics the other day. As you all know I'm a diehard Pittsburgh Pirates baseball fan. I've been looking for Pirates fabric forever, they just licensed it earlier this year. I've seen it on Ebay greatly overpriced. As I was looking in the aisle with team fabrics a salesperson was putting three bolts of Pirates fabric on the shelf! Yay! I didn't want to be rude and reach around her so I waited til she started to walk away, reached for a bolt and wham! A lady (?) literally pushed me out of the way and grabbed all three bolts! I said "wait a minute, I need a yard of that and I'll give you the bolt back". She laughed and said "no way, I'm taking them all". And she did!!!! I was so stunned I couldn't even argue, just stood there with my mouth hanging open! I hope it fades and shrinks LOL!!!

Blog Entries
    How rude...she could've let you have your meager yard...such is life...there are givers and takers...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Sorry, JanRN, that she elbowed you aside and took all the fabric...she probably sold it on EBay. This old world has all kinds of people in it. Some are very rude.

Others can quietly take advantage of you. I trusted the LQS lady and then I seen the receipt yesterday... she wrote down one third yard for every four and a half inches I bought. and charge me for the larger amount. I am taking all the fabric back with the receipt and ask if I need to get the larger amount or get a refund on the overcharged amount.. If I can find the receipt again. Somewhere in my bedroom is a remote TV that I kept in one of two places...and its not to be found.... Yep, I was doing a deep clean yesterday and filling a ton of stuff. I also left my cell phone on my desk when we went to town yesterday...and we cut the trip short to come home and check on that.. not a good day yesterday. Today has to be a better one. One day at a time. Lord help me today, I need the extra crew of Angels helping me today. LOL!

Jan, I'm sorta speechless too, just reading it. No wonder you had trouble responding in person. JoAnn's is out of it online also. Maybe you could keep checking ebay (and, like QNS said, buy it from her). It's $9.50 + shipping there.

QNS! 4.5" is an 1/8th of a yard!

I hope you all are well today. I'm glad it's Saturday. I want to go visit my granddaughters this afternoon. My son often uses the weekends to go house shopping, so I hope they are home.

Page 489 of 542 FirstFirst ... 389 439 479 488 489 490 499 539 ... LastLast