Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 490 of 542 FirstFirst ... 390 440 480 489 490 491 500 540 ... LastLast
Results 12,226 to 12,250 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Remote is found; all is right with the world.

Called the LQS, and had her check my recipt in her files; took pictures of what I purchased there.

I am wondering since I am organizing my files for next year, about reorganizing my quilt fabric and patterns too... a camera or cell phone will take a picture to put on the outside of the boxes of projects or fabric colors can all be put together by color that way. and picture posted inside or out side each box. Now if they made clear storage bags strong enough to hang on its hanger, they could just hang in a closet! That would be a great idea. ETA of finishing is Easter, at the latest date. I will be going through all the Quilting Magazines I have, and tearing out the projects for 'someday' and throw the rest away. Moved the two drawer vertical file cabinet into my quilt room to hold all the quilt folders in a file drawer. I think it will be two thirds full or full when I finish. I am thinking of organizing them by name, maybe also by easy, medium and advanced patterns.......

Jan, I'm working this coming Monday and I'll check for you and find out if it's available in 2 other Joann's not too far from me...I'll call you to let you know..H

OH Jan! I am so sorry that lady treated ya that way.
    Sue, I sure hope your LQS will make it right.

Once, I went to a quilt shop that couldn't sell me a third of a yard as their computerized cash register couldn't figure it out. I had to buy a half a yard to cut four 10" squares.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Remote is found; all is right with the world.

Called the LQS, and had her check my recipt in her files; took pictures of what I purchased there.

I am wondering since I am organizing my files for next year, about reorganizing my quilt fabric and patterns too... a camera or cell phone will take a picture to put on the outside of the boxes of projects or fabric colors can all be put together by color that way. and picture posted inside or out side each box. Now if they made clear storage bags strong enough to hang on its hanger, they could just hang in a closet! That would be a great idea. ETA of finishing is Easter, at the latest date. I will be going through all the Quilting Magazines I have, and tearing out the projects for 'someday' and throw the rest away. Moved the two drawer vertical file cabinet into my quilt room to hold all the quilt folders in a file drawer. I think it will be two thirds full or full when I finish. I am thinking of organizing them by name, maybe also by easy, medium and advanced patterns.......
    I laughed to myself as I thought.....sounds like a librarian.....Have you figured a Sewey decimal system?
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    Jan, I'm working this coming Monday and I'll check for you and find out if it's available in 2 other Joann's not too far from me...I'll call you to let you know..H
    What a peach you are?....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    Just got home from my first day in the shop, solo....a busy day...I sold an embroidery sewing machine....also called the owner 2 or 3 times...but they were necessary calls...
    Now to put on a cup of tea...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Thank you, Anne--that would be awesome if you'd check for me and let me know.

QNS I like your thinking about pics on the outside of storage boxes. The only box I have labeled is Christmas Stuff and the others I have to open to find what I need (except the Box That Shall Never Be Opened--I never look in there).

Bev & Rosie, glad you're both feeling better. I still have occasional vertigo (taking clothes out of the dryer triggered it) but I have MrJan loading the dishwasher for the first time in our lives--may have to play this one for awhile LOL.

OK, get that cup of tea and put your feet up. Good job working on your own already--knew you could do it!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Ok, the Dewey Decimal system would never work, I will have to use the Library of Congress system. I have too many articles and folders for Dewey...I am laughing giggling as I say this. LC divides down into smaller classes of subjects, and is used at the University levels. Waco U. of Texas put away every day the same number of books, that we had in my junior high for a total book collection.. I think I might have three or four hundred,at least, of quilt patterns saved up and yet to clip.

JanRN, there is an outlet for sports fabrics on line that participates on the FabHopShopevery month. will try to get the site found and sent to you for more fabric to choose from.

Everyone take care. Made some excellent Chili and cornbread tonight. Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    I laughed to myself as I thought.....sounds like a librarian.....Have you figured a Sewey decimal system?
    Got my laugh for the day OK! So funny!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Ha Ha Ha , Sewy Decimal System!!! Hooray for you OK !!! What brand of machine was it? ..Curious.

Jan, I finally got Bob to make the coffee every morning...

omg, I wish I was with you Jan, that would not have happened. What a rude disgusting person.....

Finally got it, OK. Sewey Dewey or a Sewey Congress Classification system. Makes one smile a little more. Good job on your solo day. Now maybe you can go to Market Days with the owner and see all the new ideas and trends that is coming...and see the new fabrics first.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    Ha Ha Ha , Sewy Decimal System!!! Hooray for you OK !!! What brand of machine was it? ..Curious.

Jan, I finally got Bob to make the coffee every morning...
    She sells Baby Lock...it was an Ellure..one of the buyers concerns was if the embroidery plug ins she already has would work with the machine....which it did...she had been in earlier to really check the machine out...

I've been sewing on a Symphony at work...Have only straight stitched and used walking foot...which I don't have...biggest drawback for me was sewing on a unfamiliar machine without a manual...good thing I have been sewing for a year or two..

MrOK will be gone for most of this week so I will be a farmer for a couple of days...my boss takes this into consideration so work Friday and Saturday...Gotta get stuff packed for MrOK's trip...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

I feel better each day. I bet DH & I take another load to Brady on Tues. I have been sewing today.
    Bev

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go... I finished sewing 2 tops yesterday for my "kids" they are of "Creeper" from Minecraft..I hope to get them sandwiched at work today...

I was supposed to go to my LQS today to set up my classes for Jan today but the manager is sick today. DH has the trailer all packed up so we will take a load to Brady tomarrow. I will meet w/the manager at the end of the week.
    Bev

Gosh I am tired! We drove to Brady yesterday & today we are back in Midland.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    I just checked...you have a 3 hour one way drive...rest easy Bev...I think I am done cutting out doll clothes...if I don't get all the styles done (in multiples of 5) sewn I have plenty of gifts to make in the future
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Wow! Doll cloths! You do have the patience of Job!
    I am having asthma again. We pulled into the driveway & as soon as I stepped outta the truck I had an asthma attack. I haven't stopped coughing ever since. We have got to get moved! I am so much better when I am there.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Easy for me to say, Bev, but just "Breathe"

I think we need to send hugs to GrannyQ ...MrGrannyQ is not doing well...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

OH Granny Q! HUGGS!
    Bev

Today was a beautiful day. 80*F & no wind! The best thing about that is I had very little asthma at all. So I went to my LQS & set the dates for my classes. It is gonna be great!
    Bev

Today I spent most of the morning packing several breakables.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Glad you got your classes lined up...are you wrapping those breakables with extra fabric
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

LOL! I can't separate my favorite fabrics that way.
    Bev

Page 490 of 542 FirstFirst ... 390 440 480 489 490 491 500 540 ... LastLast