Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 505 of 542 FirstFirst ... 5 405 455 495 504 505 506 515 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,625 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Mr. QNS is also known as Jerry. Date was March 24, 2006 on Route 66, married by Rev. Priest where we taught school in Bourbon, Mo. Seems like yesterday; our friend tells us we still are the same.... start the same 'discussion' with each other as we did back them. Do I guess we are still on our honeymoon.

Sewing blocks together...slowly. Not finished yet.

Name:  1-DSCN0371.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  174.2 KBName:  1-DSCN0375.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  61.0 KBName:  1-DSCN0377.JPG
Views: 84
Size:  59.9 KBFrom fabric to quilt....layout. Directly to sewing table, where a block is missing???? Finally had to make another block. Five rows of blocks are sewn together, another five rows are sewn in a row, waiting to be sewn together, then the borders.

I gathered the eggs late afternoon yesterday about four, brought them in, put them into a cartoon, five hen eggs and one duck egg, and put the cartoon into the refrigerator. This morning, I took them out, ready to fix breakfast . . . no duck egg. Dh said he did not eat it....so where did it go???? Maybe with that missing block? Mystery unsolved.

Have a great week; I am de-cluttering with a friend who is coming to help tomorrow.

QNS, I love those colors. Nice and soft yet pops of vibrant pink. What a pretty quilt!

Don't know about your duck egg but I lost a quilt block once. Moved furniture, looked high and low, finally made another block. About 6 months later I moved my cutting table and there it was! Hmmm-where was it the first time I looked? I'm getting so excited for you & MrQNS and your upcoming celebration!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Thanks, JanRN. We are cleaning like a mad mad couple. Neighbor lady came this morning to help and wore us both out. She took more of my 'professional' wardrobe with her, freeing up more closet space, whirled through my Dh room like a Mrs. Clean tornado from boxes to fan blades. Her son called for her help so the VCR tapes will wait until tomorrow. we will pack them up and let her take them all.

Filled my Best Press bottles from the gallon jug, ready to press the Quilt Top and make the borders for it. Sigh, almost ready for the LA er tomorrow.

QNS--You are moving right along on that quilt. I really like the pattern and fabrics you chose. Especially the green background in the star blocks.

I am back from Brady. So little computer time but a lotta work & fun! My DGSons had so much fun. It rained for the first couple of days but then Sat the temps were in the upper 70's. My DGSons played in the mud. Actually they found a hole so what they kinda did was take mud baths. LOL
    They came home on Sunday. DD& her kids were supposed to come on Sat but she caught the flu. So DH & I stayed & did some stuff around the house. We didn't come home till today.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Good to hear from you, Dublb. My life is so busy with house hold work that QR is off limits while I clean or is it? So much to do; dh will complain about wearing myself out, then turn and tell me couple of more things to do.!

I keep tellilng myself....after 50 years, you should be used to what he says! Let it go in one ear and out the other. LOL!

Quilt is at the LA quilter who will bind this one.

Nice to see the pictures again, thanks Quilting Board! It was a mystery for me to read QNS text! 'From fabric to layout' sounded interesting-- but could only wonder what the pictures were. :-)

Oh, cute! Bobbin eternally full, that's funny! Don't you love sewing a long seam with an effort to match points and seams together, feeling satisfied at the end of the seam that you've pushed and pulled everything together well, only to find out you've sewn the seam with only the top thread?

Yesterday I took DSis to have the first of multiple procedures to have her nose rebuilt. I won't go into the whole story but the operating rooms got backed up & the surgery that was supposed to take place at noon didn't start till 6:00PM. They did keep her overnight last night since it was so late. Her nurses weren't very good once she was in her room. I am not a happy camper. We did get her home today at about 11:00am.
    Bev

Hi Just checking in. Today I was able to finish unpacking from retreat. Here is what I worked on...arrow quilts. I got 22 of these 24 arrows finished at retreat. I also got 10 for the other arrow quilt in another color way done at retreat too.

As much as I wanted to continue working on arrows I had to take a break to make a quilt for a wedding gift. I was able to find fabrics in my stash and am doing a D9P. I got fabrics cut and hope to get the blocks done tomorrow.

Hope all are having a good weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh Carrie! Your arrows are just gonna come together into a wonderful quilt!
    Bev

Bev, it's easy to be out of sorts when your family isn't well. Prayers that your sister is resting well.

You are so right Givo. Thanks for the prayers!

#2DSon moved out today. I am so proud & yet I miss him already. He just left about 10 minutes ago.
    Bev

Life marches forward, time doesn't stop. It seems forever ago since my boys left. It's a heartbreaking moment when they go. Yes, it's a proud moment too, when they are independent and their own person, starting their own adult life... but... it's a sad time too. The family is different. There is an empty place at the table. There is an empty bed. There is a silence where there used to be a voice. Don't you remember leaving home? But, gosh, our mothers must have been missing us.

Yes, Givo it is time. When the older 2 left we were sad, but we still had #2DSon here. I know that once we are in Brady I won't be looking for him there.
    Bev

I was sad when my only son moved out but within a month his room became my Bat Cave! He even asked if I missed him at all--of course I did but I needed the space LOL.

Today is MrJan & my 46th wedding anniversary; not a landmark like QNS but still proud that we made it this far. Special plans: I'll be sewing and he'll be stripping more wood trim out in the garage.

Have a great day ladies, do something you love. After snowing all day yesterday the sun is shining and I think Spring is finally coming to western PA.

Our oldest moved out last summer...we thought she needed to stay home a little longer (she graduated early and wasn't 18 yet), but she's always been independent and thought that was best...it was hard, but is getting easier. Youngest DD loves having a room to herself.

Congrats Jan and MrJan, 46 years is a great milestone too!! Enjoy your day.

46 years is a great # also Jan! Each year is a milestone now days. Congratulations!

#1DSon was my easy one to let go. DD was the first & we really cried a lot. My feelings were so mixed up w/#1DSon.
    He had gone to collage but was trying to donate his kidney to a cousin of one of his DF's. As that was approching & had to just give him to God. I then had peace. Then the transplant didn't go through & he decided to go to the Fireman Academy. That meant he came back home in Jan. I felt that I had given him away & I didn't want him to come back! Actually he & I butted heads so much it wasn't even funny. When he got his apartment the next fall I was relieved! He & I get along great now.
    Bev

Happy Anniversary Jan and Mr. Jan! Hope you guys have many more years!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Happy Anniversary, JanRN; it is a wonderful event to celebrate. Tired tonight, on the run in the morning and setting up with DD and family in afternoon. DS and family will be in on Wednesday noon. Counting the minutes until they all arrive.

Weather on Thursday Open House, is to be snow, rain and mixture,....80% chance.

Carrie, I love your collection of colors on the arrow quilt and the work you are doing. Wonderfu.

Dublb, empty nests are quiet and lonesome; we count our blessings, say our prayers, and brag on their success whether they are living at home or out on their own.

Yes, Happy Anniversary to you, Jan! :-)

Thank you, ladies. We've shared so much haven't we? This morning I'm on my knees thanking God my son isn't in Brussels. Watching the tv footage of the terrorists attacks and hoping none of his employees or co-workers are hurt. Sometimes life kicks you in the gut, today is one of those days.

QNS, will be thinking about you on your special day. Enjoy every minute of it!

Blog Entries
    Happry Anniversary to you both JanRN & Mr. JanRN.
    GrannyQ

Page 505 of 542 FirstFirst ... 5 405 455 495 504 505 506 515 ... LastLast