Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 07-18-2013, 03:09 PM

SYE hexagon part done...
Attached Thumbnails 010-2-.jpg   008.jpg  
Old 07-18-2013, 03:47 PM

OK ya'll I had a crazy day. I did go & git a FW. I decided that ta git the one that was the best price 'cause I think I can fix teh bobbin & feed dogs. There was a young mother there lookin' at one o' the other ones & she said that she wouldn't know how ta fix the broke one. I got mine for $125 & the other 2 were $195. I'm happy about it. I git ta play w/it.
When I got home my DM called & my Great Aunt is in the hospital. She has double pneumonia, sepsis, had a heart attack, & is in congestive heart failure. I went & spelled my DM from 1:30 till 3:30. I then went & sat with my DGM (Great Aunt's big sister) who is at home & not at the hospital. DGM was afraid that they didn't want her there 'cause DGA was dyin'. I told her that we didn't want her there 'cause DGA is contagious. It helped DGM feel better.

Now I'm home & very tired. I think there is somethin' in the air at hospitals that just sucks all the energy right out o' ya.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:58 PM

Carrie, that looks like a perfect pieced block to me. Somewhere I have the neighbor's recipe for Apple Brownies; my dh informed me that brownies were suppose to be chocolate not apple. A tart lemon bar might be a hit since it is summer time.

Dublb, if you made yourself happy today, then be a happy new owner of the FW. It is good of you to help care for the seniors in your family.

Great recipes, folks...have not heard of some of them but it sounds very good...I have been 'too' busy in the kitchen and the refrigerator is beginning to get so loaded its hard to get things in and out of it. Going to have an Ice Cream soda to night, a strawberry one, I think.

Put my new cutting table together this afternoon; was not hard to do. It came from Jo Anne's and is another 5 inches taller than the table I have been using. But it does fold down and takes up less space and makes use of the 60 inch cutting mat.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:59 PM

Bev--so sorry to hear about your DGA. Praying for her, you, your DM and DGM...and all the other family during this time.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
SYE hexagon part done...
Carriem, pretty, pretty block.....How do you get both photos posted together like that???
Old 07-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Power Poster

JeanieG ... oh how exciting that they have progressed so quickly. And that you have been working away on Pony #2 too!

DDamsel
... My goodness OJ Jelly is totally intriguing. As for your Frogs Eyes ........... tapioca??

CarrieM ... How about Lemon Bars? and Butter Tart Squares? (and I typed both of those before I saw that JanieW and QNSue suggested them, GMTA ... so now you HAVE to make them!! Right?) Both are a nice switch from all the chocolate ones! Great SYE#1!! And looks all nice and flat and even, right? Onwards to #2?

JanieW ... thanks! Now I know I am not fully going off the deep end and there are TWO Toads! So the goat exploded!!!! *giggles*

Anael ... So what ingredient did you mnot have this time? (or was it just the crock that was missing?). You;re going to have to get a crock pot before winter.

Honchey ... welllllllllllll you had been asking about THE Mess!!! OK, one track mind. Again, let's blame it on the heat!

DublB ... a good news and bad news day. Sorry about your DGA and it'll be hard on your DGM.

All this Soda talk ... is that the same as a Float?
Now you have me wanting a Root Beer float ... luckily I do not have any vanilla ice cream and I do not think I'd like it with chocolate ice cream. ICk!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

My Mom was always known for her Lemon Butter Tarts with real lemon juice and rind (not Lemon Meringue) but baked. This simplifies the work of making the tarts and became a favourite of mine right from the first bite!

Just in case you don't have the recipe, here's mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lemon Squares
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mix together
2 cups flour
1 cup soft butter
½ cup icing sugar

Press into ungreased 9"x13" pan.
Bake 15 minutes at 350°F.

Meanwhile, beat for 3 minutes til fluffy
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup lemon juice

Pour over hot crust.
Bake 15-20 minutes longer just til imprint remains when lightly touched in centre.
Cool, before cutting cut into squares.

**Hint** I stick right there with the oven. When they are ready to come out of the oven, they need to get right out. A minute or two extra and they get overcooked and are just not so nice.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:46 PM

Flavoring in the bottom of the glass, about 3 Tablespoons, Milk a quarter of an inch, Club soda up with in couple of inches of the top, and put a scoop or two of ice cream in it and enjoy. From food network.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:26 PM

QNS--which table did you get from JoAnn's? My block went together pretty easily...it will be hard not to continue. Good thing I have other projects I want to finish.

Bev--hope you can bring the FW back...looks like you got a good price.

Thanks for the bar ideas and recipes. I was thinking maybe lemon too.

Honchey--On my block, I just added one photo and then the other before posting. Not sure if maybe the size of the file makes it looks like they were posted together?
Old 07-18-2013, 06:32 PM

QE I sent your Lemon Bars recipe ta my DD she has fond memories o' my DMIL makin' Lemon bars for her. I'd like ta know what is icing sugar. Is it powdered sugar.