Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 07-28-2013, 05:20 AM

8 pages since Thursday evening....I won't even try to comment on everything.
Anael...what cute pictures if your family! I think Bram is catching up with Isa. Thanks for the country picture.
Mirabelle....what a shame you lost part of a set at the show. Those quilts are so inspiring. Such a wide range if skills. I like the fabric you acquired while at your DDs but I'm a little surprised that it is so LOUD. It will be fun to see how you out it together. I hope you are feeling better.
Lemon bars...I don't bake...oven broken...but they do sound good.
Carrie....when we do good things for others, they often come back to us in unexpected ways. That quilt will be an unexpected blessing for you in ways you least expect.
QNS....it sounds like you are trying to go at full speed again. Remember to listen to your body and get the rest it still needs. I got the box and it had some fabric that is perfect for a project my friend is doing! She was so happy to get it. Thanks!
Jeanie....happy for the new GGD. My youngest DD is named Hannah. Very nice MB too.
Dubib...I've been thinking if you moving. A lot of years of belongings to sort through and memories to relive. I hope it is all going well for you and yours.
Janie...what are you doing with your QAYG project?
QuiltE....your MB quilt is growing so nice! You would think someone planned it!
the shop hop was a little disappointing but interesting. Most of the shops had kits, FQs and a few notions. There wasn't a lot of room to navigate in the booths so it was a quick walk through. I did find a ruler that makes curves. I saw this quilt in the wall made with 2 inch leaves and was so intrigued by it I couldn't resist. I'm certain I will use this one. I also won a pattern book at the game stop and the experience of sharing it with friends made it all worth while. We did stop at another shop on the way home and fell in love with it. I will visit there again. Probably little quilting today...DGGS has a birthday party this afternoon...but I will putter a little. Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-28-2013, 05:36 AM

Anael, the SEW Grands are growing so fast! Best of luck with Bram today. I am happy , GG, that the fabric will be loved and used. OKkkksewGlad has plans for hers as well, I would imgaine. My MB should have arrived...no word on it yet.

Plan on finishing the binding on Pansy Passion throw today; and after finishing dishes will go get my lug of peaches to work up today. And my fuel cardl updated so on next fill up I will get 62 cents per gallon off the price of fill up....unless I wait through Wednesday, then I can get 92 cents a gallon off the price of a fill up....way too go!!

Cool and comfortable weather today...celebrate the DAY!!
Old 07-28-2013, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

Finally remembered to start this thread ....

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post6200428

And now ... I'll head back and catch up on your posts!

Last edited by QuiltE; 07-28-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:58 AM
Power Poster

MiraB ... What a horrible feeling to know "how" your runner and mat disappeared, and it seeming pretty evident as to "where". How sad ... and heartbreaking. Perhaps a hot shower, and a slow day of snoozing under a quilt would be a good plan for your body?

Anael ... prayers for Bram on Tuesday and then a speedy recovery. Your plants look a little pooped. Perhaps they will straighten up with the sun and a dry day?

CarrieM ... you can take a lot of pride in knowing you taught yourself! I saw a couple of quilts at an LQS last week similar to yours. Both newly embroidered pieces and using all pastel fabrics similar to what you have chosen. Patterns were for sale that had the embroidery as well as quilt instructions included. They were so lovely and reminded me of what my Mom had, so it makes it easy to visualize yours.

Lemon Squares ... maybe a sign of not to mess with the recipe? Though, I am hoping someone will try the orange ones with just the frozen concentrate.

GGal ... looks like the Hop wasn't too bad though! Sometimes they are better than others, and when they have to move everything to the site, it is limiting. Do tell, what is a "game stop"? The good news is, you won!!! Happy Birthday for DGGS ... have FUN!

QNSue ... look forward to seeing your Pansies completed. Will make for a nice nap quilt for yourself!

Today ... guess what I am going to do?
lalalalalalalaalaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 07-28-2013, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

And now, I think I am caught up on new-threads-needing-to-be-done!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...r-t226710.html

More photos are included this time, than were posted earlier on this thread.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

Elise left earlier--We have Christmas ornaments done. Later she will go into Gma QNS' fabrics and choose fabric for a little purse. Then onto a nightgown out of knit at the serger. She has a little spring quilt all planned that she wanted me to sew, but think I'm going to have her do it. Got to start them young, right?
Old 07-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Elise left earlier--We have Christmas ornaments done. Later she will go into Gma QNS' fabrics and choose fabric for a little purse. Then onto a nightgown out of knit at the serger. She has a little spring quilt all planned that she wanted me to sew, but think I'm going to have her do it. Got to start them young, right?
Yeaaaaaaaaa!!!
Talk about being earlybirds in the Christmas department!
Old 07-28-2013, 12:32 PM

Quilt Shops on line and in their store are saying "Christmas in July & August", and featuring different specials and prices. Guess that is because some people require 6 months to finish their project and good intentions...that is a better time line than I have done for my only niece who picked out the fabric for me to make her a quilt in Houston, TX, when dd was living there....back in 1998. Still half done. Niece has moved at least five times, divorced twice in her lifetime and married married to 3rd husband. Eldest daughter divorced from dh that abused her and hates us, 'cause it had to be all our fault...we are still trying to figure that one out...so it goes. I embroidered 19 white roses with my sewing machine in a satin stitch on her wedding quilt I made for her. That took me several days.

Gotta get busy on quilt for dgs; they are coming in late September or early October. Every time they have come for a visit, I have had a quilt for him and Hot Wheels. Guess when I get straightened around, its time to finish his "Under Construction" quilt and the roadway on the back side.

Have Georgia peaches; will work them up in the morning.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:27 PM

You're in time for Christmas OK Sounds like you had a great time!

You're busy as always QNS!

I'm going to sleep (again ). It's 11.30 pm here. Tomorrow I'm having a co-worker come over, she wants me to make her a quilt. We already ordered the fabric, now she has to see it for herself. I still have to figure out what to charge her for making the quilt. We haven't discussed it yet. She knows it's not cheap
Old 07-28-2013, 02:09 PM

Anael make sure you get paid enough, don't sell yourself short.. there is a lot of work that goes into making a quilt