Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 61 of 542 FirstFirst ... 11 51 60 61 62 71 111 161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Too many have not tasted good, homegrown Iowa beef; 'cause that would mean everyone would flock to Iowa in a New York minute. We wished for it every minute we spend in Texas...FIL brought us his freezer burned steak, and we enjoyed every bite!! We are currently enjoying fresh homegrown beef half in our freezer; I just smile as I pass the meat counter at the local food stores. Hope to have a hog (or two) in the freezer next year, and more beef. No part of either goes to waste around here, just to the waist only. Enjoy yours, OksewGlad!

Cleaned on the quilt room this morning trying hard to find a piece of fabric to bind the FWS with the border fabric, but no luck, so its plan B. How does one lose fabric that was in front of their nose? The latter statement just keeps re-occurring! Too many odds and ends of scraps again. Too many UFOs in tubs.

Oatmeal bread is all gone; time to bake some more, maybe.

IM BACK!!!!!

we got our new grandbaby this morning!!! Dh Daughter has had difficult pregnancy's in the past so we were all quite concerned about the delivery of the latest! it sounds like the birth went well, momma and baby healthy

and if that wasnt reason enough to SMILE
    this morning I was staring at my quilt blocks just pondering, frustrated... no excited to learn QAYG, not wanting to hand quilt as many as I have ready and sitting... DH all concerned trying to help me out, trying to help me figure out how to fix my problem... we look in the classifieds AGAIN, we have been for MONTHS.... FOUND a Brother Nouvelle 1500 S Sewing Maching & Newjoy Quilting Frame" for $800 soooooo DH called them up and bought it for me!!!!

!!!!Dh should be a Grandpa more often!!! Im going to have to make him a special cheesecake tonight
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Anael good news for Bram, I hope he recovers from his infection quickly.

Everyone stay safe with that storm coming your way, mmmmm chicken soup yum yum. I am going to make my breakfast now.
    Yes I am just out of bed and checking the computer before my morning coffee DD was coming home this weekend but it has been raining all night so she may cancel, we'll wait and see what the weather is doing. I worry too much when there are wet roads and it is scary driving in torrential downpours... so I can only imagine what it is like driving on icy roads

Just have the binding to sew on the Dinosaurs, will be finished today!!!!
    Karen

DD we posted at the same time, big congrats on the new Grandbaby and the new quilting machine, you will have so much fun, what a wonderful DH you have
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    ahem!!!!!!! they're just enjoying their 2nd honeymoon ........... and who knows? maybe you'll need to make a baby quilt!!!!!
    LOL they keep telling everyone that they are carefully awaiting her greencard.... but mostly it sounds like they are trying to convince THEMSELVES to wait

Hey! I already have some patterns for Aussie native critters that would be darling baby blankies! hmm PPiece tho... maybe I will have to practice
    Candace is Deranged

DD, congrats on your new grandbaby and on your new machine!

I'm exhausted, trying to get some sleep and tomorrow visiting Bram and Isa. Latest update on both: a bit less oxigen for both of them and they're sound asleep!
    CU all tomorrow!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Thanks Mirabelle
    Candace is Deranged

Thanks Aneal
    Candace is Deranged

That is great news Anael, I hope you are able to get some sleep as you certainly need it..
    Karen

Woo Hoo Deranged, you cashed in today! New grandbaby, and a wonderful new quilting machine and frame!

"You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    DDamsel so fortunate to have a healthy little one to love and care for. DH deserves an extra hug for sure!

Glad to hear the Dutch twins are resting comfortably and Oma does too.

Chicken soup she says. DH is so tired of chicken soup! On the second big batch in the same number of weeks. Good thing I like it. Night all; stay dry; stay warm.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Anael - Good news for the twins. I'm prayin' that you are sleepin' well now. {Huggs}
    DD - How fun! A new DGBaby & a new sewin' machine!
    OK - Spring is on the way, (not right now,but soon.) I sure hope ya git better way before that.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Congrats DD on the new grandbaby!

Anael--good news that the twins are doing better today too.

Mirabelle--hope you are safe and dry inside.

QE--pretty quilts you posted on the other thread with your new PC blocks...keep up the great work!!

I got the last set of BBs today from Honchey and you will all agree they were worth the wait. I will start sorting tomorrow morning before the archery tournament (the kids shoot in the afternoon) and have them ready to take to the post office by Monday morning. I can't wait to see them all laid out together.

My friend and I made good progress on retreat gifts today all of the kleenex holders are done and we got a good start on the "clutches". She took half of the unfinished ones home to do and I will get the others done next time I get a chance to sew. If we have more people sign up I'll have to go shopping for more FQs. We still have room for up to 8 more people.

Blog Entries
    Oh Carrie we are all so jealous!! You get to touch and feel all the BB's Thanks for being the "go to" gal in this endeavor!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Way ta go Carrie! Ya got a lot done. Pssst are the BB's just wonderful tagether???

Well here is my Everybody's Favorite.
    Name:  PC Everybody's Favorite.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  64.1 KB
    Hooray!! I'm back on the trail again!!!
    Bev

Dublb--great combo of fabrics. I had to pick out some patriotic fabrics for a shop sample when I worked this past week. Can't remember the name of the pattern right now though...it had lots of squares to cut!

Great block Bev! Congrats on getting back on the trail

No phonecalls last night! I won't be here till late afternoon or early evening. So have a nice day all and CU tonight!

No phone calls is a good thing Anael, talk to you soon..

Bev I love your block, wonderful use of fabric any saddle sores yet
    Karen

Update before I leave:
    Isa had a quiet night, she only didn't like the care they gave her but she never likes that so that's normal.
    Bram had a rough night again, needed way more oxigen but is stable now.

Bev...what a way to return! Nice block.
    Anael...those little ones are sure fighters. So thankful for them. Small but significant victories. Have a good day.
    DD...you are one lucky lady! Now all of those UFOs will find their turn on the frame.
    OK...I hope you get better. Naps and chicken soup are good! Cleaning the freezer is certainly not a restful activity though but the promise of good meals with homegrown beef...I would do it to. That beef is one thing I really miss!
    Carrie...fondle all of those blocks carefully. I second OK...thanks for doing this for us!
    Mirabelle...I don't like wet roads either. Did DD have to cancel?
    Jan and Honchey...do you have power? I hope so. It's easier to wait out the snow if you can be warm.

The first thing I check each morning when I turn on computer is how "our" grandbabies are doing. What a roller coaster ride, Anael; but no phone call is a good thing. And another new baby for our group. Congrats, DD. We are all so blessed.

Getting anxious, Ggal--did you get those borders on PC? I think doing borders QAYG is the most difficult part. You get it all measured and fitting well then something doesn't want to match up. For PC I took your advice and used cornerstone blocks in the corners instead of trying to match up my quilting in the corners like I did with FWS. I can't wait to see your finished quilt. Is anyone else close to finishing?

We really lucked out with this storm, just ice then rain then ice then a coating of snow. Nothing like they're getting further east. Hope Anne is okay especially after driving to Philadelphia to get DS. My DS was in Mexico all last week; said it was 82* and sunny. Landed in Pittsburgh and though it was the Arctic LOL.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Jan--I am getting close with one of my PC quilts. I have to finish quilting the two long rows of blocks (started in the center, added top and bottom). I have them pinned on for the QAYG then will quilt around the blocks. After that will add borders and binding. I should be able to get at least the blocks quilted this week...not sure that my schedule will allow time for the borders.

Jan..I have two borders quilted but haven't done any fitting yet. I wanted to have all of them done before I started that. That is next weeks plan. Everything is cut and sandwiched so I'm running out of excuses for not just doing it. Stay tuned though. I will finish them. I'm glad you missed most of the bad weather.

I too check here first thing ta see how the twins are doin'. (I sleep late.) Then I pray for 'em. glad that they are restin'. My DGD was born at 35 weeks. She didn't like ta be touched. She has what they call "Sensory Issues." At 6 they have had ta teach her how ta deal w/touch & all o' her classmates have ta be taught how ta not touch her if she asks 'em not to. The sun bothers her so the whole class wears sunglasses, so as ta be as cool as my DGD.
    It took her 4 days ta learn how ta suck properly. She was so tiny at 4.11lbs.
    Yet w/all o' these things that my DGD went through it is nothin' like these precious babies. They have ta fight for everything. Huggs & prayers. Anael.
    Bev

I'm also prayin' for every one in this storm's wake.
    Bev

Page 61 of 542 FirstFirst ... 11 51 60 61 62 71 111 161 ... LastLast