Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 81 of 542 FirstFirst ... 31 71 80 81 82 91 131 181 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

It has been a few days but I'm here enjoying the chatter. I had a notions fair at my LQS on Monday and came home with a couple pair of new scissors and rulers. I've been working on the mystery blocks to break them in and so far so good. I haven't posted my BB because there is a quilt on my design wall I want to get together first so this time I might be the one bringing up the rear.
    Jeanie....I like your choice of sashing.
    mirabelle and QNS...a long distant sit and sew! I love this group. So nice to be able to help each other and we all can look over your shoulders.
    Carrie....nice you got stopped. When I went to Shipshewana earlier this month, we did wind up in the ditch! Linda had never had an accident before so she is a safe driver. We were being passed by a semi who was going too fast for the conditions and you could just feel the SUV being picked up and start to slide. She had her wits about her and turned into the slide which caused the car to turn a complete 360 just missing the end of the trailer. We did another "doughnut" in the left lane and drove into the median. No damage to either of us or the car. Took about 2 hours longer than we planned but we got to our destination and enjoyed the afternoon.
    DDamsel...sad for the family dog.
    QNS...I too had a laugh about the installment hugs. Hope he gets his computer soon so you have some peace and quiet.
    Anael...touch is such a strong healing "medicine". So happy for you that you could do your part!
    QuiltE...I too have been missing JanR. Should we send out the sheriff?
    it's about 40 degrees and snowing today so there is no accumulation but it's a very nice day to not have to go out! Maybe I'll get another mystery block done and then get back to the PC.

You're welcome QuiltE! I love listening to Playing for Change.

Just one more Sylvia block to go! 139 finished
    I won't be home tomorrow so I should get my behind in gear and make that last one! I was thinking of starting another Sylvia but I'm not sure yet. Maybe I should finish some UFO's first, like FWS, Dear Jane and Ode to my Mom. I'm sure I have several others laying around.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

GGal ... oh goodness! what a road trip that was. Thankfully you are here to tell us the story. Envious of your trip to Shipshe. I was always supposed to go with my girl friend's parents (Wakarusa). Sadly they are both gone now.

At the least, our Posse should go and round up JanRN!

QNSue
    ... take note of GGal's trip and stay home and safe! PLEASE!!!

Anael ... woohooooo!! Sylvia almost done ... are you finishing it tonight? Please please show it to us!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Yes, the weather has turned most foul yet. The ducks are refusing to leave their shed, and have joined the guineas in their run under the heat lamp...first day ever this winter for that....so the weather is most fowl here. May the sun shine on the rest of you today!

QuiltE, only the blocks and there are too many to show them all at once. It will take a while before they're all sewn together. I didn't even pick the sashing yet. I think........dark green Never did that before.
    I think I will finish tomorrow, don't feel like making another block tonight. Besides, I started 2 years ago with Sylvia so she can wait one more day

It's finished!!

I just finished my first PC quilt!! Here is a picture of it being held up and then on the bed in the living room where it will "live". Still needs to be washed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh Carrie, that is beautiful. I love the layout and the background and sashing really complement those blocks. Doesn't it feel great to finally have it finished!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Oh, oh, oh, Carrie! I'm speechless! It's beautiful!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Wow Carrie, it's gorgeous!

Well DH was home yesterday & we went ta a thrift store. I had seen a 401A there last Sat (when I took DSis) The lady who owns the place (her name is Beverly) said that I could have it for $40 w/or w/o the cabinet. I didn't want the cabinet. Yesterday at the store I used a brush & some oil ta git it unstuck, so I bought it. (Yep I got another machine. LOL) Ya'll wouldn't believe how much gunk was in it!!! At the house I really worked it over, oiled everythin', used petroleum jelly for grease & greased all the cogs. Used a thick thread & a silicone product ta clean out the tension disks. There are still 2 things that won't budge. One is very minor & I'm sure I will git it ta move, (it has ta do w/the cover plate.) The other one has ta do w/the changin' o' the stitches. I've got 'em soakin' in oil right now. I wish I had some penetratin' oil. That would work better. I'll mess w/it later. I haven't taken any picts yet. Maybe tamarrow.
    I also read a book! The first one in several years. (I sure do miss readin') I haven't been able ta concentrate enough ta read. (I used ta be a bookaholic. )The book is Family Patterns & is the first in a series called Patchwork Mysteries by Kristin Eckhardt & is published by Guideposts. I came real close ta figurin' it out. I was off only by a li'le bit. I read it in 2 sitting's. I read for 4 hours night before last & 2 hours last night. It's not a hard book, probably on an 8th grade readin' level. I'll probably git the next one in about 6 weeks. Hmmm actually I've had it about a week & a half, sooooo I might git the other one in 4 - 5 weeks.
    Bev

Anael - How wonderful ta be able ta hold & touch the Sew Grands!!!
    DD - I'm cryin' for ya & your family. It's so hard ta lose a fur baby!
    All o' ya'll who are snowed in, I'm prayin' for ya. Yuck!
    Bev

Did ya'll notice that we have passed over 2010 posts?
    Bev

Carrie...how pretty. It looks so nice on it's new home too!
    Dubib...do you collect vintage machines? I sometimes think that I would like to get a treadle like I learned to sew on.

Blog Entries
    Stories of near misses on the road--DSIL had a little plaque in her Chevy Chevette (remember those little box cars?) "God is only a whisper away." I think of that often when crisis come upon us. Carrie, I understand the dilemma "which way home should I go?" We live down in the valley and the only way out is up. Snow covered roads are always a challenge. Love my front wheel drive just for that reason.
    Carrie the quilt is gorgeous--borders really bring out the blocks. Isn't it nice to see at least completed quilt on this "what's the name of the thread, now?"
    Angel food cake all gone so no left overs. Oh and I fell off the fabric moratorium band wagon, but I had to have some fabric to finish that quilt and then there were these neat moderns my DD would love as a purse and......
    Get that new motor running, dublb.
    Oh and time for a nap as I did bookwork too late last night.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I sent Jan a PM..She hasn't been feeling well...Let's hope she gets better soon...

QNSue ... Please be careful with the heat lamps. They do a good job, but are so dangerous!

Anael ... oh I knew you didn';t ahve them joined. I just want to see the final one when you get there! Did you use your signature white and bright clear colours with it? I'm sure you know that I'd like dark green (my FWS).

CarrieM ... Congratulations!! I really like that background colour (peachy beige?). It really sets off the blocks so they shine forth. It looks so at home in it's home!

DublB ... Looks like you have another project on the go ... how about some WD40 to free things up?

OKSGlad ... I've been thinking the same as you that the name of the thread does not really represent what is here. Hurrah for new fabric!!!!!

Honchey ... Is it possible to start a new thread to keep just for the completions, much like our FWS thread. I go back to it so often and it'd be hopeless in this one to find any quilts! Sorry Ladies! Thanks for the JanRN update ... so easy to be under the weather with the weather the way it's been. So many people with bugs right now.

Yes, QuiltE, we did have a fire in our shed due to a heat lamp a year or two ago..the whole volunteer fire department with its seven trucks was here in less than 11 minutes. Chickens scratched straw up into the low heat lamp, and it started the fire on a Sunday morning just after 12 o'clock...neighbor spotted it and called the fire department who thought the house was on fire!....First question, did we have it wired for electricity?? 'cause fire follows electrical lines. Chickens all flew the coop, neighbor got all gasoline cans out of the shed,(before he knocked on our door) and most of the machines with tires on them, two wheels did catch on fire and was rolled out of the shed...top of the shed is black, but did not burn down. Really created a whole new entertainment for our little village. Now dh is wiser and he wires it to the top of the dog run, well above the guineas heads. Ducks do not have a heat lamp.

I like our thread the way it is; sorry. To go back in time and read everything again, is a journey through time and our lives and good eating with recipes...all rolled into one. It is just like a 200 page book. A book that I would buy in a New York minute. Create your own table of contents and index...on a snowy or rainy afternoon.

Hope JanRN gets to feeling better real soon!!

If we want to continue together as we have been, the thread has to stay as it is.. This thread was meant to cover it all..discussion & completed quilts.....

GG - I didn't start out ta collect machines but yes I do seem ta be collectin' 'em. I think I have about 15 or 16 machines. 5 o' 'em are a bit modern. Oops 6 if ya count the embroidery machine.
    OK I had the motor runnin before I left the store. The motor's on 401A's are internal & I didn't want ta deal w/replacin' that.
    Oh
    Sue that sounds scary. I'm glad that ya have the lamp set up right, now. Here's hopin' that ya stay warm through this weather & that it blows over real soon.
    QE - WD40 is bad for sewin' machines. It evaporates too quickly & then ya git rust. Yuck! Yes sewin' machine oil evaporates but it takes about a year. I do oil all my machines more than once a year though. W TX dust & sand need ta cleaned out much more often than that. 3 in 1 oil is bad & gums up a sewin' machine. If ya have a newer machine w/plastic gears 3 in 1 oil will eat up those plastic gears. Ask me how I know. I still take my machines ta my sewin' machine guy if I can't git 'em goin'. (I have no idea how ta set the timin' on one o' these or sometimes there is just somethin' that is just a bit off & I can't find it.) My Guy is cheap though. $45 ta $90. I've never actually paid $90 but have seen that price tag on one o' the machines sittin' in his shop. I did git the stitch selector unstuck by late th'safternoon. The part that holds the feeddog cover plate is movin' now. Not too easily, but it is movin'. Tamarrow I'll put it all tagether & actually sew on it.
    Oops it looks like I wrote a book again.

Honchey - tell Jan that we are prayin for her ta git better soon.
    Bev

I like the thread the way it is.
    Bev

QNSue ... oh dear! That must have been a fright for the two of you.

Honchey ... I had just thought it;d be nice to show off the completions a little more, to the rest of the world! Kind of likely our separate weekly photo and discussion threads were. Them's the rules! so I will accept them.

DublB ... Good thing to know ... though I don't have any old machines to ruin with WD40! I'm intrigued by them, but don't really have the interest to work on them. I remember all too well my Mother "fighting" with her machine when she had problems with it, and wouldn't have the patience, I am sure!

Two more blocks ... and I have enough for my PC quilt top. However, that won't be the end, as I'll be making some spares to swap in and out when I do the placements. Plus I have some that are OK, but rejected for the "official" PC quilt ... so yes, there'll be a second one with them!

QuiltE, I had your FWS in mind when I thought about dark green sashing I tried to follow the colours of the original quiltblocks but I guess all together it's a bright quilt and most with WOW background. I didn't use the same background in all blocks, now I wish I had So I might make another one!

Good morning, ladies. Thank you, Anne, for leading this lost PC rider back to the trail. Got a little lost there for awhile. Not been a real good couple of weeks here in JanRN land. Offer on house never materialized; I've spent a lot of time cleaning and staging trying to improve the possibility of an offer. The house is 100 yrs old, my mother lived there for over 60 yrs. Altho the house has all the newer mechanicals and is structurally sound, it looks like a house a 90 yr old woman lived in. People want a totally remodeled house and that's not going to happen.

I've also worked a lot of extra days. Big FART coming up at the end of March--International Quilting & Sewing Expo in Cleveland. This is one place I don't put a spending limit on myself (rarelly do anyway LOL) but this is an all day, once a year trip with all the latest & greatest in fabric, gadgets, machines, etc. My friend drives her big, bright orange van (can't miss it in parking lot) and we make frequent trips to the van to stash away our purchases and go back and get more. On the way home last year people behind us must have thought they were following Fred Sandford's junk truck--we were packed to the roof!

Wow--203 pages and over 2000 posts. Love you guys!!! Thanks for your concern. Hope to be back in the saddle and all caught up soon. Peace.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Jan....so happy to hear from you and sorry that these past couple of weeks have been a struggle. I watch a lot of home improvement TV in the afternoon and love what the Property Brothere do. Too bad you can't find someone in your area that does that sort of thing that could find you a buyer at a decent price. Someone that can pitch the rehab and hold the buyers hand through the entire process. A house with good bones needs to loved that way.
    Hummm....tomorrow is March 1. We can start mailing the mystery blocks, right?

!!!Good Morning!!!

thanks all for your concern over Sadie, she was the mommy to our male Hercules (picture), who is pop to the puppies. so she was the babies GMa. the puppies are 7 weeks this saturday! ready for new homes so we are trying to decide if we should keep one

here are my Bblocks!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Page 81 of 542 FirstFirst ... 31 71 80 81 82 91 131 181 ... LastLast