Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 97 of 542 FirstFirst ... 47 87 96 97 98 107 147 197 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Looks like your DGM was like mine, my DM and I had fun lots of times, even in hospital while she had her chemo treatments!

Here's today's picture of Bram. There's a picture of Isa too but my DDIL doesn't want that on any board. She's breastfeeding Isa for the first time and I agree not to put those pictures on the board.
    Name:  Bram 20.03.2013 (1000 x 750).jpg
Views: 120
Size:  123.0 KB
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

So adorable!! Love that cap!! Joyous occasion, we ladies can use our imagination to see your DIL nursing her daughter the first time. It is in the public view much more than it used to be, back in 1975 when I nursed our son in the Red Lobster in Springfield, Mo., beneath a blanket over him.

The cap is the laugh of the NICU. They want me to make a matching shirt too so tomorrow I'm going on a FART
    I know the store had some fabric in green but I hope to find some in the same orange so he will look like a man at work
    Even the neonatologist said today she loves the snuggles and hats Bram and Isa have! It brightens up the NICU.

I know it's more in the public view now but there still are discussion about whether it should be done or not. When I was nursing #2 son I had to go to a wedding (afternoon and evening) and went home every 3 hours!
    Last edited by Anael; 03-20-2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Ggal the pattern I used for the April MB came from Quiltmakers 100 Block book, (won't tell you which volume but I have all of them) I have been going through them and they have great blocks that are a little different which is what I like..

Anael, another precious photo of Bram. I understand your DIL in not wanting the photo to be posted. There is a huge debate over here on whether women can breastfeed in public and REALLY it is the most natural thing in the world. A group of women who meet regularly for coffee were asked to leave a cafe recently when they started feeding their babies, made the national news

QNS my dear dear husband has a saying "growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional, I'll take optional", not much gets under his skin and he would rather laugh than argue any day. I don't think he has ever raised his voice to me or the children. He said no to me once and I burst into tears and he was so shocked he gave in and I got my new car
    I am off to patchwork today so will pop in later today when I get home.
    Karen

I just have a few seconds but I just had to pop in to say "wooo hooo My Mystery Block arrived today and it is absolutely fantastic!!"

Thank you, it's gorgeous.

Ok Janie, Congratulations on being the first to receive your MB!

Now you have to do us the honor of showing us your block and name the person who made it for you!!!

My DH & I used ta fight all the time. We finally figured out that if we want ta do sometin' both o' us have ta say 'yes.' If one says 'no,' then it is 'no.' (I think that I say 'no' more often than he does.) When I tell people that DH doesn't want somethin', they think that he controls me. Not! He also has ta tell people that I say no ta him too. Then they think he has a fish wife. LOL When we both say 'yes' it is great!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

OH & I'm not finished w/mine! I had ta go ta the Dr. taday & then my GNephew came over ta read. I've only done a bit on it taday. I'll git back ta it in a li'le bit. Hopefully I'll finish it tanight.
    Bev

Bev, don't worry...the blocks are not expected to all arrive on the same day....now we'll have surprises for the rest of the month!!! something to look forward to....

Oh good, I was afraid that I was behind. Sigh o' relief!
    Bev

well SOMEONE has to be the behind! dont they??? its probably me this time.... sigh! oh well.

Drama with my sister, she is looking for apartments and moving out in the next week or so. I called up her DH and talked with him yesterday (have known him since he was a little kid) and talked with him about Sis, I hope she isnt angry with me for doing it, Im worried about her health, I think there is something else going on with her cause there is crazy and there is CRAZY and I KNOW BOTH!!! says the deranged one
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

I'm waiting & waiting & waiting for a photo......everytime I go on the cp I, of course, come here first and after Janie saying she got her MB, I expect to see a photo...I am like a spoiled child...I want it yesterday....I'll come back later to see ....hoping...hoping...hoping.....off to accucut some 1.5" & 2.5" squares.
    Oksewglad want some 1.5" squares????

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    I'm waiting & waiting & waiting for a photo......everytime I go on the cp I, of course, come here first and after Janie saying she got her MB, I expect to see a photo...I am like a spoiled child...I want it yesterday....I'll come back later to see ....hoping...hoping...hoping.....off to accucut some 1.5" & 2.5" squares.
    Oksewglad want some 1.5" squares????
    Sorry Honchey,

I wasn't sure we were supposed to post pictures and reveal our partner until everyone had theirs. I can't keep you in suspense any longer.

I got this wonderful block from QuiltE. I think it's called friendship flower. If that isn't the original name, it's what I am going to call it.

Name:  quilt and plants 034.JPG
Views: 113
Size:  342.1 KB

Oh Janie, it is so pretty!!! I love it...Good job QuiltE....I like the flower pattern...everything is perfect...great sewing & trimming of the seams...I just noticed the polka dots!!!! I love polka dots and the dots are all straight too!!! You are a lucky girl Janie!!!!

Blog Entries
    QE you did a bang up job on this one. I see the peach "friends" fabric in one of the pinwheels. Lucky girl, Janie!
    Sure Honchey send a few--that's another project to get back to. I can wait until it's my turn to be your mystery block recipient. Thanks.
    Last edited by oksewglad; 03-21-2013 at 07:02 AM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Isn't it a beauty Janie? I told QuiltE I want one too

Good News and Bad News!!

JanieW got her MB ... I didn't mean for it to be ahead of schedule!!!
    I mailed it as though it were going out of country, being that when she sent me the PCBB, everyone around the world received their BB before I did. So I figured, if I sent it then, it should arrive pretty much on schedule. Looks like our CP huskies must have had spring fever and zipped right along.

Thanks JanieW and All for the kind words. Yes, it's called "Flower of Friendship" from QuiltersCache. Looks like it coordinates with your couch, JanieW.

Here's another picture of it, along with it's baby sister ...
    Name:  MB-JanieW (2).JPG
Views: 113
Size:  1.46 MB

Anael .
    .. Oh what a joyous day for your DDIL and Isa! I'm sure there were a LOT of tears that the moment had come! Soon Bram will be with her too. And yes, Bram definitely needs some MAN clothes! ENJOY tmro's FART!

What? Canada ahead of others in the breastfeeding debate? It's just somewhat naturally accepted and expected now. However, many still raise their brows or shake their heads, but they better not be noticed ... or else!

MiraB ... I laughed when you said you got your new car, because you cried when your DH said NO and you burst into tears! So it'd be no problem to tell him about the new black Singer!!

DDamsel ... {{{HUGS}}} We'll n'er tell your DSis. Good Luck in the apartment hunting, and hopefully get your home back to yourself. BTW how are the puppies doing?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

GrannyQ ... CONGRATULATIONS! on your finishing your PC blocks. It's going to be another real showcase, especially with your attic windows sashings. How did you make out with your sister?

QNSue .... HAPPY 47th ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!
    Here's to a day full of memories from over the years ... and I believe a roadtrip for lunch out, and perhaps times for a FART, too?
    Last edited by QuiltE; 03-21-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Oh Janie, that is indeed a beauty! Great job QuiltE! We should be seeing a lot of beautiful blocks in the next few days!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Janie--yay for you getting your MB!

QE--nice job on the block...I like your mini. I didn't make one of my March MB, but think after seeing yours and hearing about others I will have to do that with my scraps.

My MB went in the mail yesterday...I would guess it will arrive no later than Saturday.

Thee Big Box arrived for grandson today, mailed on Tuesday, and he was excited and opened it without too much help. DD was so distracted she could not carry on conversation after calling me. Maybe the MB will arrive tomorrow or Saturday.

QuiltE, that was a beautiful mystery block you sent to Janie.

Too tired to do much today; just did nothing. Worrying about cold weather on Monday, beginning to think about delaying it until April when temperatures get above freezing; a week or two might do that.

**striking CarrieM off my MB Pardner list**
    ............. being that she expects her block to be delivered by Saturday!
    One down and 12 more to guess who's my Pardner!

Awwww QNSue ... the planned mini getaway today for your Anniversary didn't happen?
    Last edited by QuiltE; 03-21-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Anniversary is Sunday; its the End of the Month, a long month, and the weather is not cooperating. A child's time table is "NOW!", but a senior member can bide their time and take pleasure in looking forward to the event. A week or two delay would mean we all could enjoy it more in warmer weather...and at the first of the month is sooooo much better than at the middle or end of the month. Its one day at a time...if it is to be, it will be. If not, as long as we are still breathing, its a good day.

Well....I got a big surprise....my MB and QNS is the provider! She did a beautiful job. I'll post pictures tomorrow. Had a nice visit with DD and DGS and it left DH and me both dragging! Not used to such activity.

Blog Entries
    Happy Anniversary to QNSue and to DH. Hopefully you will get to celebrate very soon.
    I have been working on a label for my bonus blocks and thought I would share it.
    Won't work will try later.
    GrannyQ

Page 97 of 542 FirstFirst ... 47 87 96 97 98 107 147 197 ... LastLast