Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club week 19  Good Cheer & Girl's Favorite  Discussion Page >

The FWS Pony Club week 19 Good Cheer & Girl's Favorite Discussion Page

The FWS Pony Club week 19 Good Cheer & Girl's Favorite Discussion Page

Old 05-16-2012, 07:30 PM

I haven't been able to sew for about 3 weeks now, but today I did get to go out to "the clubhouse" (my finished 12x12 craft shed with heat and a/c) and was able to get it all cleaned up and even cut out fabrics for at least 6 blocks. I have a sewing day planned next Monday so am all ready to just sew!

Need to get to bed now...I will give a "market" update when I return Sunday (well it might be Monday depending on how late we get home).
Old 05-16-2012, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
I haven't been able to sew for about 3 weeks now, but today I did get to go out to "the clubhouse" (my finished 12x12 craft shed with heat and a/c) and was able to get it all cleaned up and even cut out fabrics for at least 6 blocks. I have a sewing day planned next Monday so am all ready to just sew!

Need to get to bed now...I will give a "market" update when I return Sunday (well it might be Monday depending on how late we get home).
Isn't it frustratin' when life gits in the way of our passion?
Old 05-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Power Poster

OKSGlad ... you just tell your DH that I'm proud of him for letting you disappear from the farm. And even more so that he let you take off during this busy season. Good Man he is ... make him his favourite food!

MiraB ... Thanks! My challenge is the how to get a picture that you ladies can see and enjoy instead of just a heap on the couch! I really am starting to think of hanging it off the eavestrough for the photo op. I have a friend coming tomorrow and if the weather cooperates and they're in the right "mood" we might try that!!

QNSue ... every picture you share, it just tells us that you must be living in paradise!

WendiQ ... Sometimes we just have to look for ways to enjoy what we want, yet in a different than normal way! Maybe time for some more container gardening, as it's not just for apartment dwellers!

JanRN ... {{{HUGS}}} to you! I'm sure it's not easy "hanging out". I'm sure your Mom appreciates your loving care. How's she doing? And how are YOU doing?

CarrieM ... OMG you have a separate building for your sewing. WOW!!! Enjoy Quilt Market and we'll be all looking forward to hearing all about it!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:23 PM

QNSue what a beautiful setting, if I close my eyes I can picture all of the PCer's sitting beside your rose trellis oohing and aahing as we share our blocks for the week.
I'll bring the coffee machine and make cappuccinos for everyone, whose up for a decadent chocolate cake????

My DH keeps buying me rose bushes everytime we move house and I keep killing them
Old 05-17-2012, 03:55 AM

Thanks everyone for your kind words; yes, I can see us gathered by the Wisteria vines and the Night Owl Rose bush and climbing clematis vines listening to Carriem report on marketing. And ahhhhing and oohing over her club house pictures

Here comes those pesky birds again...the turkeys found another hole in the fence and came to say 'hello'. They followed by dh up and down the fence until they found another hole and up to keep him company. Twice yesterday. and refused to go to roost last night until he found them in the tall grass...then followed him back to their building and roosts. Spoiled pets, no, we do not spoil our fowl.

Honchey, it does not matter on the count of the pieces of each block, 'cause they go together one at a time. Just like any other block...one piece at a time, one block at a time, until its suddenly a quilt. Course, some think we are crazy to cut fabric up into pieces, then sew it back together in a pattern. But in our virtual RV, we can see the patterns in our minds, visually, and go for it. We are the winners, the prize is our beautiful quilts which we treasure. Now to finish the slashing on my FWQ today....almost there.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:01 AM

QNSue...I've wanted to grow a wisteria for years but have never had a proper support for it. Such a beautiful vine! Just don't name your turkeys or it will be much harder to enjoy them for dinner!

Carriem...you've been one busy gal! How about a picture of your club house? Enjoy the market and don't get overwhelmed by all the goodies. Find a favorite for us to look for.

Mirabelle...ummmm....cappuccino....

JanRN...hang in there. This too will pass...but do take good care of yourself.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Power Poster

MiraB ... do you suppose you could whip me up a Latte? along with those caps?

QNSue ... you know that if you want to get those birds in line, remind them that if they're not good little birdies, they'll meet their destiny much sooner! That should get them to behave!!

While my yard is no where as glorious as QNSue's beautiful spot, here's some pics that I took today, after I did my FWS photos. First of all, my back verandah, next to the lane ... still decorated for Easter! The reason .... I had the wreath for Christmas decorations, then after, I changed the trimmings to more of a winter look. Then Easter and full Bunny decor! The mini lights are on an auto-timer and have been there all along. Because it's sheltered the boughs stay in good condition throughout. To the right you can see the deck where my FWS was hanging, and then from there to the right it goes into the bush. More to the story ...... read on .........
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336117[/ATTACH]

Last year Mrs. Robin came along and built a nest along with the Easter decorations. Guess What? she came back and did the same this year and even in the same place .... look to the upper left of the wreath!!! During the construction phase, I'd come out and the flowers would be picked off and tossed on the floor. Guess she didn't want that decor for her home!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336118[/ATTACH]

Four eggs, have now hatched, and those poor birds are piled in there. Talk about a crowded house!!!!!
You can really only see one and a lot of fluff of the feathers. I can't get over how large it's eye and beak is already .......
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336119[/ATTACH]

Trilliums are our provincial flower, so are protected. Illegal to pick, though OK to transplant. When I came to this place, there were no trilliums in my bush, so I moved some in and they seem to have settled just fine! I can see these from all along the back of my home. Nothing nicer to wake up in the morning, than to look out and see them from my bedroom. Red flags are my markers so I can keep an eye that they re-grow each year and so I don't in error start digging to plant something else!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336122[/ATTACH]

Just a little closer look .......
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336124[/ATTACH]

Here I am in the bush, looking back up the slope towards my home, so a reverse of what I can see from above .........
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336128[/ATTACH]

Another shot in the same area, just a little closer up. As you can see throughout, masses of periwinkle and forget-me-nots are showing their pretty-ness right now and the ferns have stretched out for a nice feathery backdrop. Lots of wild tiger lilies to look forward to, some White Nancy, and some other perennials groundcovers (that I don't know the names!) have been added to entry to the bush.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336129[/ATTACH]

OBTW ... I have a window and patio door in my sewing room, that looks out into this yard view!!! Thanks for looking and I hope I've given you a little idea of what the back area of my home is like. The front gardens .... will wait til the lilies and clematis give some colour!
Attached Thumbnails birds3.jpg   birds6.jpg   birds7.jpg   yard3.jpg   yard9.jpg  

yard7.jpg   yard4.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltE; 05-17-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:26 PM

QNS & QuilltE - Thanks for the lovely picts of your flowers. I could show picts of mine from last year & the year before, but this year things are a bit bleak. I'll live vicariously thru ya'll.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:16 PM

What a marvelous yard QuiltE. Love all the "natural" terrain. Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:31 PM

What a beautiful garden you have QuiltE, so peaceful