Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The FWS Pony Club WK 21 Blocks Gold Nuggets & Gretchen Photo Page

Hi Jan, Sorry about your mom...it's not easy...Your blocks are perfect!!! I zoomed in on them and they are amazingly perfect....You all know I love to see perfect points!!! Have you been looking in my stash??? I've been contemplating doing some purples and I just went thru the blacks and yellows....we certainly have been on the same wave length....My son is back home now and is recooperating very nicely...it's been very trying to say the least... I'm tired of the upstairs downstairs situation with my sewing stuff!!! my brain says get some sewing done..then I end up moving something else around and no sewing gets done....soon, I hope.....H.
    Last edited by Honchey; 06-02-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Jan, your blocks are beautiful. I too like the purples in Gretchen. I'm glad you could get some sewing done. Little pleasures help ease the mind during a stressful time, take care.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Jan - everyone said the same thing I was thinking - I love the purple too! Beautiful blocks! Prayers for you mom!

Honchey, glad things are looking better for you!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Jan & Honchey - Our prayers have been w/both of ya'll.
    Jan - I'm so sorry your DM is doin' worse. I'm still prayin' for ya & her. Your blocks are so nice. I'm so impressed w/how ya are able ta make these blocks durrin' all of these hard times.
    Honchey - I'm glad that your life seems ta be levelin' out a little, but it does seem like ya have a long row ta hoe. Again my prayers are still w/ya & your DS.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Your blocks look great JanRN! I too love the purple and they do both look perfect. So sorry about your Mom.

JanRN and Honchey I am thinking of you both and hope life gets better for you. I love that paisley print in your Gretchen block JanRN its perfect. Hope you can both get back to your sewing soon
    Karen

Well it's not Tuesday morning but maybe these can still be enjoyed for afternoon break. I just got home from Texas late last night and just now got time to sit and enjoy my sewing room. Haven't started next week's blocks but that will be my putter project to unwind this afternoon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

These are great blocks. I love the colors!
    Bev

GGal--very nice blocks.

I hope to get to this week's blocks tomorrow. I was able to finish the binding on a quilt Monday afternoon.

Blog Entries
    Nice blocks GGal; the purple is especially striking.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Great looking blocks gardnergal970!!! They look great with the sashing and cornerstones. Love the purple.

I'm waaaaaay behind here Ladies .... your blocks are beauuuuuutiful!
    Especially the Gretchen's ... so many breat fabric combos ... wouldn't they all make for beautiful quilts just with that block!!!

Am I right? wrong? ... Gretchen is a Hunter's Star with a pinwheel added?

JanRN
    ... so sorry about your Mom's tumble. I know how much this must be breaking your ♥ to have her still in the hospital? or rehab? Good for you for sneaking some sewing time in ... good therapy for you!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post

Am I right? wrong? ... Gretchen is a Hunter's Star with a pinwheel added?
    I thought so too.
    Bev

Bit late but here are mine. A friend of us might recognize some of the fabrics
    Name:  AnaelGoldNuggets (607 x 606).jpg
Views: 127
Size:  122.5 KBName:  AnaelGretchen (589 x 592).jpg
Views: 123
Size:  120.3 KB
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

It's never too late to post such beautiful blocks. Thanks for the eye candy.

Great fussy cutting on the horses.

Ohhhh I like 'em! They sure are purdy!
    Bev

Ansel: Great job on both blocks; well worth waiting for. Have missed your lovely blocks, so happy you are showing us more 'eye' candy. I am always so amazed it takes so little fabric for PC blocks and the variety is always nice. Just when my stash was beginning to show a decrease, my 'good' friend is planning on delivery of several 'tubs' of batiks to my house for me to use up. I plan revenge; I will store them in the guest room where she comes to stay overnight on occasions...until I have time to work them up...which is much, much, later on. So very nice of her to share, and what goes around comes around...ten fold in this case. I may have to 'share' with PC friends again. No, I do not charge for what I have been blessed with....whether its garden produce or fabrics.

When the postmistress said $49.00 for postage to Netherlands, I just about fainted. Christmas comes but once a year, so do continue to enjoy the summer bounty of Christmas in the Summer. You do so well in your quilting with accurate cuts and points. This group on PC does admire and appreciate your wonderful skills.

QNSue....the flat rate boxes really help.

Thank you all for your lovely comments on my blocks! I've not been around for a while due to family problems and health related problems but it looks like I'm back on track now!

QNS, thanks again for your 'sharing'! I've used some of the fabrics on the FW blocks too. I don't think my skills are that wonderful, just like all of you I do what I can.
    I didn't find anything nice to give you in return for the postage but I keep looking

No rush, no hurry, and I have been blessed with so much already, that like I said before, you don't have to pay back, just pay forward....which I am sure you have done a number of times. That is what I love about QB and especially the PC riders on this trail...they do not hesitate to do kindness to those around them..home, community, relatives, friends, countries and internationally...there are no limit to the distance it travels. Its not the rich and famous, although some might be, its the reaching out and touching someone in kindness and concern. Makes the whole world seen a little better, and makes all of us smile...

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    No rush, no hurry, and I have been blessed with so much already, that like I said before, you don't have to pay back, just pay forward....which I am sure you have done a number of times. That is what I love about QB and especially the PC riders on this trail...they do not hesitate to do kindness to those around them..home, community, relatives, friends, countries and internationally...there are no limit to the distance it travels. Its not the rich and famous, although some might be, its the reaching out and touching someone in kindness and concern. Makes the whole world seen a little better, and makes all of us smile...

anael, I really like your horse fabric with the blue and the red rope fabric. Great job, they both look perfect!

Thanks Termi! The horse fabric and red rope fabric were a gift from one of our Ponyclub friends

Blog Entries
    These are going to add sparkle to your quilt Anael. I don't have these blocks done yet, so am way behind you.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast