Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
THE FWS PONY CLUB Wk 7 Bright Hopes & Bird's Eye View Discussion Page >

THE FWS PONY CLUB Wk 7 Bright Hopes & Bird's Eye View Discussion Page

THE FWS PONY CLUB Wk 7 Bright Hopes & Bird's Eye View Discussion Page

Old 02-19-2012, 05:55 AM

Hope you're all feeling better today. The sun is shining here and when I looked yesterday, the crocus are poking through. No flowers yet but let me send you a cyber bouquet in anticipation of good health and beautiful flowers.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:28 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the sentiments flowers .... being a cyber bouquet, none of us can be allergic to them, can we?
They are so pretty as I love the spring flowers. So cheery and bright ... only sad part is that they never last all that long in the house.

This time of the year I often buy the potted bulbs. They don't last long either ... though a little longer than as cuts. And bonus, they can go into the garden later!

Moi? ... a little better today. I've now started sneezing and I think this will be the runny nose day. Yesterday I had no interest in anything, not even sewing ... though today, I might try to do some sewing. We'll see if my brain can focus on that or not?

JanRN, Honchey and DublB ... are you feeling progress today? We've GOT TO get better before Tuesday!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:56 AM

Hi, I can't change the font or color or add any smileys or thumbs up to any posts and don't know where to go to get them back...Help Jeanie!

It seems my worst time of day is when I get up in the morning and it takes several hours to get all the junk out!

I will be heading in the direction of the sewing machine today hopefully to catch up on a block or two.

A warning::: One of next weeks blocks has 65 pieces in it. I had to count them 3 times..is this a record?

Now I have to check all the other posts...see you later. Honchey
Old 02-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Power Poster

**dropping off some smileys for Honchey!!**

:mad :

Well aren't you just the bearer of good news .... 65 pieces will be easier in PC though, than the FWS! I'm still feeling almost awkward with the LARGE pieces and blocks of the PC!

How are you doing
Honchey? ... feeling any better?
Yesterday I felt like there was a light at the end of this sickness tunnel ... now today, I'm thinking the light is the freight train coming at me!

DublB and JanRN ... time to check with us!

JanRN
... I found the same as you did on Saturday ... not a good idea to PP along with the runny nose!

And soooooooooon it'll be Tuesday night for the next batch of eye candy!
(Not soon enough!)
Old 02-20-2012, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
Hi, I can't change the font or color or add any smileys or thumbs up to any posts and don't know where to go to get them back...Help Jeanie!

It seems my worst time of day is when I get up in the morning and it takes several hours to get all the junk out!

I will be heading in the direction of the sewing machine today hopefully to catch up on a block or two.

A warning::: One of next weeks blocks has 65 pieces in it. I had to count them 3 times..is this a record?

Now I have to check all the other posts...see you later. Honchey
LOL - I'm here but don't know if I can help. Maybe you just have to re log in to get the color and smileys back. They are along the top of my Quick Reply, and Go Advanced has them too. Maybe a email to Patrice will help. Anyone else with this problem, or know how to fix it???

Sorry you guys are still feeling poorly! It must be some bad bug going around. Get well soon!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:42 AM

Hey Ya'll, I too thought that I was feeling better yesterday evening, but I'm just as bad today as ever! I love your image of a freight train!
I also joined the Quilt Story BOM. (1 block a month, & 12 inches at that) I went ahead & ordered the book "501 Rotery Cut Blocks." I feel so bad that all I've done has been sitting around doing nothin.' I picked up this new book & got ta thinkin' about the PC blocks. I know that there are several blocks, like Clover, that don't fit with my 'Betsy Ross.' I spent several hours lookin' at both books & picked out 12 more blocks that don't work & the 12 blocks to replace 'em with.
I'm also on this computer much more than usual. Sat. I was surfing the net & found a lovely pannel from Marcus that is in their Quilts of Valor line. ( It was on clearance!) I ordered it to put in the center of my quilt! I guess it's gonna be a King size.
The only sewing I've done has been a little each day on my "6 hour" quilt. It's a baby - toddler quilt for my Apprentice. I haven't heard from her since she moved. I hope she' doing OK.
DH & DSon are also sick now.
Honchey, I don't remember what I did when the board first changed ta git those icons at the top of my quick reply box. I do remember that I went to Settings ta do it! I hope ya figure it out.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Power Poster

Honchey ... I remember seeing in another thread that you need to change the settings to WYSIWYG ... What You See Is What You Get.

DublB ... And you've had this longer than moi! YIKESSSS!!! Apprentice? I've done some mindless surfing while feeling all punk, and saw this one for you ....
http://www.quilterscache.com/F/FlagandHeartBlock.html
Old 02-20-2012, 01:08 PM

QuiltE, Thank you so much. It is perfect! I printed it up, & am picking out fabrics. I like it better than 'Margret's Choice t" that I was going ta use for 'Clover.'
Old 02-20-2012, 01:19 PM

For almost 3 yrs I've had a young lady come to my house 2 to 4 afternoons a week & taught her to sew. She takes longer to learn than most. (The home ech teacher at Midland High said that she would never learn to sew.) She always introduced me to others as her "Other Mother." I tried to get her to take some college classes. But the failure was more than she could take. When we took her to register (her DM, & I) the people at the college thought that her DM & I were 'partners.' They couldn't figure out why I was there. I was paying for her. This girl means a-lot to me. I called her my Apprentice 'cause I didn't know what else to call her. She is pregnant, & has moved to Austin to be close to her Fiance'. I'm so sad. She's been gone 2 weeks & I haven't heard from her.

PS She can sew!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Power Poster

DublB ... What a nice story that you "adopted" her and helped her get a start with sewing. I hope that your not hearing from her, is just that she's been busy getting settled in her new place. Also, that all goes well for her in her "new" life with her fiance and coming baby. And now that means you're going to be a Granny!

When I saw that block, I figured, I'd better send it your way! I went thru all the blocks this afternoon and noticed a lot of "State" blocks. Hopefully, you can keep them, to fit with the USA theme. And perhaps look for the other State blocks for some of your fil-ins?