Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The FWS Quilt-Along Week 51 Blocks 101 & 102 Photo Page

Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
    I would feel bad to leave anyone out, but I know that there are not many that have kept up every week.

life happens, I didnt post pictures for nearly two months when I moved. but I did try to keep up with the posts and comment on all of the ladies work.

I know I wouldnt have stuck with it if we were not for this group.
    Hey Deranged you have kept up with us and I've enjoyed seeing your blocks each week. There must have been around 40 people when we started (just guessing), so many have not kept up. It is their loss though, as we have completed a wonderful quilt and made great friendships along the way. Love this group!!!

Here are my blocks for this week. I have my top all sewn together, will post a pic as soon as my DH is home. I was not happy with my fabric choices at first and stuggled at times to stick with it but when I laid it out on the bed I really loved it. I am so happy I joined this group everyone has been so encouraging each week, what a wonderful group to be a part of.

Wedding Ring
    Name:  Attachment-230308.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  91.4 KB

Whirlpool
    Name:  Attachment-230309.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  102.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle
    Here are my blocks for this week. I have my top all sewn together, will post a pic as soon as my DH is home. I was not happy with my fabric choices at first and stuggled at times to stick with it but when I laid it out on the bed I really loved it. I am so happy I joined this group everyone has been so encouraging each week, what a wonderful group to be a part of.
    You do such beautiful work mirabelle, I can hardly wait to see the photo of your quilt top!

Very pretty mirabelle--can't wait to see the photo of your quilt top. Isn't amazing how it all comes together?

I completely agree! All of our quilts will be beautiful! I don't think there are too many of us who are still up with us...but it would be fun to know! :)[/quote]

I'm still with you if not UP with you. I had hoped while I was on summer vacation (teacher) that I could do 6 blocks a week and catch up for the grand finale. But alas! as usually happens, life intervened and I haven't quilted for over a month.

I've been watching every week and commenting. I've been keeping a log of all the url addresses of the pages of blocks pictures so I can refer to them as I keep making blocks.

If it wasn't for the group, I wouldn't keep persevering and this would have ended up in the UFO pile for years!

I can't wait to see pictures of finished quilts!

Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
    I completely agree! All of our quilts will be beautiful! I don't think there are too many of us who are still up with us...but it would be fun to know! :)
    I'm still with you if not UP with you. I had hoped while I was on summer vacation (teacher) that I could do 6 blocks a week and catch up for the grand finale. But alas! as usually happens, life intervened and I haven't quilted for over a month.

I've been watching every week and commenting. I've been keeping a log of all the url addresses of the pages of blocks pictures so I can refer to them as I keep making blocks.

If it wasn't for the group, I wouldn't keep persevering and this would have ended up in the UFO pile for years!

I can't wait to see pictures of finished quilts![/quote]

You hang in there Quilting Nonnie, you will eventually have time to get a few more blocks done!!!

Thanks Jeanne. I appreciate your support! :thumbup:

Well I'm officially caught up - getting my blocks done before next weeks are posted tomorrow. Then again, School starts next Monday for me so so much for keeping up... Got the book for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler from a friend thinking I'm going to go ahead w/10 more blocks to go for the king size version. Since I'm not sure where this quilt is destined, seems like a more usable bed sized quilt.

As always, great blocks ladies!!! :)

101 - Wedding Ring
    Name:  Attachment-232113.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  97.9 KB

102 - Whirlpool
    Name:  Attachment-232114.jpe
Views: 19
Size:  87.0 KB

AuntJo

Your blocks are beautiful. Congrats on catching up...and king size--wow!

I love the blue flowers on white in your top block. I love small flowers on white, but blue is my favorite color.

Very nicely done.

Blog Entries
    I've been so overwhelmed these past few weeks I didn't get a chance to post my blocks. As always I love all the eye candy y'all have been providing. Here are mine for the week.

Block 101 -- Wedding ring
    Name:  Attachment-234219.jpe
Views: 23
Size:  108.7 KB

Block 102 -- Whirlpool
    Name:  Attachment-234220.jpe
Views: 45
Size:  98.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Evie
    I've been so overwhelmed these past few weeks I didn't get a chance to post my blocks. As always I love all the eye candy y'all have been providing. Here are mine for the week.
    Beautiful Evie, I'm looking forward to seeing them in your completed quilt. It is going to be stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG
    Beautiful Evie, I'm looking forward to seeing them in your completed quilt. It is going to be stunning!
    Ditto!!

A red/white/black quilt is on my "quilts I want to make" list.

Beautiful eye candy ladies, can't wait to seem them turned into a quilt :thumbup:

It's fun reading your comments about being on home stretch ... kind of makes me feel like I am "with" you, even though I'm months behind you! And too, I was thinking, I wonder how long all these threads will keep going, with the rest of the later gang. I know there were several that started after Christmas!Two more off the list ... #101 Wedding Ring -- And this I did get! and #102 Whirlpool -- You know what? I didn't "see" the Whirlpool til I had the block almost done. And then, I started to think oh how much prettier it would have been with 3 or 4 fabrics than just the two!And with one more done and waiting for a partner, that means ... 103/111 .....eeeeeeeeeek ..... ONLY 8 left!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by QuiltE; 01-16-2012 at 09:01 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Blog Entries
    Well as you ladies get down to the home stretch, it takes less time to go through the picture thread! I'm so glad I've had a chance to catch glimpses of this wonderful project.
    QE the wedding ring looks like a stained glass window. I know I've said it often, but the presentation of your blocks with that green is stunning--never getting tired of it.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Your blocks are outstanding. You never fail to deliver a wonderful block. The double wedding ring is beautiful with jewel tones. I love that whirlpool block and the flowered materials you used.

Eight to go-wowser! Congratulations!
    http://q-nonnie.blogspot.com

I have this rope in my hands. I can't figure out whether I found a rope or lost my horse.

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Well as you ladies get down to the home stretch, it takes less time to go through the picture thread! I'm so glad I've had a chance to catch glimpses of this wonderful project.
    QE the wedding ring looks like a stained glass window. I know I've said it often, but the presentation of your blocks with that green is stunning--never getting tired of it.

Sadly, yes, the threads are longer, due to those that have gone MIA!

And yes .. that fabric is stained glass! It's a neat fabric that I had wanted to use and never found the right place. I finally decided this might be the best chance going to use it.

Thanks again re the fabric ... now if I could only find more of it!

Love those blocks, QE. That stained glass fabric is beautiful. Really like the movement in your whirlpool block. Great job!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Thanks JanRN ... You would have laughed at me doing that Whirlpool. I had such a small piece of the dark fabric, and thought I could get thru it. Talk about not wasting fabric when PPing! I was very very careful and ended up with two small pieces, so small if I had to do one more patch, I wouldn't have made it. I was coming down to the end, and was starting to think I'd either have to patch the scraps ... or start again with different fabrics. (BTW -- Your Potato Soup was top notch. Thanks!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2