Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Jane Stickle Cyber Sew, week 19. LS2, K1, B9, B11, B12. >

Jane Stickle Cyber Sew, week 19. LS2, K1, B9, B11, B12.

Jane Stickle Cyber Sew, week 19. LS2, K1, B9, B11, B12.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Power Poster

The tri, LS2 is fairly straightforward, except that you don't have a pic of it in the book, because the wrong photo has been printed in its place. I appliqued my top tri piece, but you could machine piece it if you put in a few seams.
K 1 is either squares or half square triangles, so you just have to be careful with placement. After I forgot to mirror image one of my blocks, I gave up on that, but if you are mirror imageing take care with the placement.
B 9 looks fiddly on the face of it, but you could simplify it if you applique the central square after seaming straight across behind it. Come to that, you could also applique the corner triangles too.
With B11, I seem to remember that I made one of the alternative versions that struck me as being a little easier. Check this out on your software and see what you think.

B12 I hand appliqued throughout. Everybody has probably takled some melons by now, so I hope you are all getting used to doing them.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-54302.jpe  
Old 05-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Lesley! Your blocks are goregeous...as usual!! Your melons look perfect!! You are getting really good on those!

I started on mine today and I have a couple of them ready to hand applique tonight. I haven't done the ones yet that are pretty straight forward PP'ing...they just look time consuming, but not hard. The tri actually looks easier than last week...and of course...I have yours to look at!!

Now..off to get busy!
Old 05-10-2010, 03:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Thanks Lesley! Your blocks are goregeous...as usual!! Your melons look perfect!! You are getting really good on those!

I started on mine today and I have a couple of them ready to hand applique tonight. I haven't done the ones yet that are pretty straight forward PP'ing...they just look time consuming, but not hard. The tri actually looks easier than last week...and of course...I have yours to look at!!

Now..off to get busy!
Well done Patti, you are doing great at keeping to the schedule. I am really peeved at the moment, because I am quite close to getting finished, and will have to stop for a few days (check my PDA, it's too long to put here).
Old 05-10-2010, 04:43 AM
Power Poster

So sorry..but went to check and still laughing at that pic in my head.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Just remember, Jane isn't going anywhere... :D
Old 05-10-2010, 05:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
So sorry..but went to check and still laughing at that pic in my head.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Just remember, Jane isn't going anywhere... :D
I'm still doing the same Patti, I have been dreaming of helicopters and sausage skins!
Old 05-10-2010, 05:22 AM

Your blocks are beautiful Lesley -as usual! Hopefully I'll be up to week 19 by end of next week! I'm officially only two weeks behind, so let's hope I can catch up soon. I want to be ahead...not behind!!
Old 05-10-2010, 05:30 AM
Power Poster

I know the feeling Rach...but I'm not sure I'll get "ahead" for awhile. Don't worry too much, you'll get caught back up. That quilt that took your time was certainly worth it...have you gotten it boxed up and ready to send to me yet??? I can't wait!! *grinning and rubbing my hands together* :lol: :lol:
Old 05-10-2010, 06:33 AM

Oh, I'm so in love with this quilt pattern. One day....one day....
Old 05-10-2010, 06:41 AM

Patti...there it sits. The back is ready...I think I'm sending it to the LA, but need a few paying clients first...patience my dear.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:48 AM

Lace You block look great. Thanks for the pointers for this weeks blocks.