Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Jane Stickle Cyber Sew Week 5 - I3, H7, D3, E2, RS6 >

Jane Stickle Cyber Sew Week 5 - I3, H7, D3, E2, RS6

Jane Stickle Cyber Sew Week 5 - I3, H7, D3, E2, RS6

Old 01-26-2010, 07:00 PM

Thanks for the help Lace. I wrote it all down! Any help is appreciated.

Way to go Patti! That was a major acheivement huh?
Old 01-27-2010, 01:14 AM

Well here are my 5 blocks for Week 5. RS6 was an absolute nightmare, I ended up working from the top down and its really wonky. Guess thats one for week 6 when we have time off.

ha ha it looks even worse in the photo :oops:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-48846.jpe  
Old 01-27-2010, 05:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
I DID IT!!! I DID IT!!!! I DID RS6!!! Yippee! I have 2 more blocks to finish for the week and then I'll post. It isn't perfect, but it is acceptable to me at least for now. I might redo if I get alot better at the inset and Y seams, but for now...whew!!!
Well done, a great one to have under your belt.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:52 AM

I will say, if it's wonky...I don't see it! Your blocks are stunning Elle!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:54 AM
Power Poster

Elle, those are beautiful..even RS6! It looks like it just is waiting to be a part of the whole, then it will straighten up. At least that is what I'm telling mine :oops:

The only hints I might have for RS6 is to go read Lacelady's and Cute Buns tutes on the seams to start with. I could NEVER make sense of the foundation pattern on the software....so I went to thatquilt.com and looked at her sections. I couldn't get the software to regroup and print (for some reason..I'm sure operator)...so I printed off several copies of the block as an outline drawing. I marked, then cut the sections that I thought I would work well for me. I cut up the outline drawing of the block in those sections and used that for my foundation. That and then.....a few choice bad words seems to get it together for me.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Well here are my 5 blocks for Week 5. RS6 was an absolute nightmare, I ended up working from the top down and its really wonky. Guess thats one for week 6 when we have time off.

ha ha it looks even worse in the photo :oops:
Well you got it together, Elle, and all your inset/Y seams look good, you just seem to have less background on the right, and more on the left. If you intend to try again, you might be able to salvage some of it, and just sort out the middle section. At least you now have the experience of doing those insets, and it's great to have them done. All the other blocks look really good in your fabrics, your quilt is going to look so good when its done.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Elle, those are beautiful..even RS6! It looks like it just is waiting to be a part of the whole, then it will straighten up. At least that is what I'm telling mine :oops:

The only hints I might have for RS6 is to go read Lacelady's and Cute Buns tutes on the seams to start with. I could NEVER make sense of the foundation pattern on the software....so I went to thatquilt.com and looked at her sections. I couldn't get the software to regroup and print (for some reason..I'm sure operator)...so I printed off several copies of the block as an outline drawing. I marked, then cut the sections that I thought I would work well for me. I cut up the outline drawing of the block in those sections and used that for my foundation. That and then.....a few choice bad words seems to get it together for me.
I don't think its operator error about the software - it doesn't want to print out any foundation groups when there is an inset or Y section. It's a shame, as sometimes most of it can be done via foundation. I've redrawn a couple and will post them when we get nearer to the relevant week if it helps.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:15 AM
Power Poster

Some of them do need to be redrawn I think Leslie...its pretty easy to just chop up the outline drawing of the block once we figure out the best way to regroup.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:13 AM

Hi everyone, back again. Thanks for all your lovely comments, but truly in person that triangle does not look good. However Patti, great minds think alike, I was looking at the print out block and thinking you could cut that in several ways and get a foundation pattern. So I will try and let you know, only not yet, I am still stressed from the first time LOL
Old 01-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Power Poster

This morning I finished the other blocks for this week...so here they are...now farm chores for the rest of today..

Yuck...I see the bottom left side of the triangle is off... :(

week 5 blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63645[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-63640.jpe