Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Jane Styckle Cyber Block Party, Week 40.  G5, E13, F5, F6 and TR7 (M) >

Jane Styckle Cyber Block Party, Week 40. G5, E13, F5, F6 and TR7 (M)

Jane Styckle Cyber Block Party, Week 40. G5, E13, F5, F6 and TR7 (M)

Old 10-05-2010, 03:33 PM

Jan, Pretty blocks, I especially like the vibrant color in your F5!
Old 10-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Power Poster

Jan..I love all your blocks as usual, but I love your F5....I'm going to have to redo mine...I don't like it. What on earth was I seeing when I did it??? Do you have any tips on how you did it?
Old 10-05-2010, 05:30 PM

Thanks! I cut out a 5" sq of orange and appliqued all the rest. Using a glue stick to keep them in place while stitching them. Seemed easier to me than the other way.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Power Poster

Thanks...I think I just forgot those corner squares...again...what was I thinking? I think I can fix it pretty easily though..I'll just appique some squares on. I think it will change the whole feel of it.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:34 PM

beautiful
Old 10-05-2010, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
My hats off to you Kathy....and you better hurry!!!! We had a our 1st frost night before last. It was a light one, but still....I suppose you are using different fabs for your "between" tris...
Patti - the air conditioner was running on Saturday! We may not have a frost until closer to Thanksgiving! Or, we could have one tonight. We never know here. This is high plains country, not really desert. Big oil country. Annual snowfall is 3-4" total! Ground never freezes.

I should be basting before the end of the month if the triangles go together well. Yes, they are fabrics that appeared in the squares, and will make an encore appearance in the triangles. Will do a cutrain call for the alternating sloid fabric tris. Must lay it all out so I don't have the same fabric close to itself anywhere!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Originally Posted by sandpat
My hats off to you Kathy....and you better hurry!!!! We had a our 1st frost night before last. It was a light one, but still....I suppose you are using different fabs for your "between" tris...
Patti - the air conditioner was running on Saturday! We may not have a frost until closer to Thanksgiving! Or, we could have one tonight. We never know here. This is high plains country, not really desert. Big oil country. Annual snowfall is 3-4" total! Ground never freezes.

I should be basting before the end of the month if the triangles go together well. Yes, they are fabrics that appeared in the squares, and will make an encore appearance in the triangles. Will do a cutrain call for the alternating sloid fabric tris. Must lay it all out so I don't have the same fabric close to itself anywhere!
Congratulations Quilts, you have done well to get this far so early, I hope assembly goes well too.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-113188.jpe  
Old 10-06-2010, 03:42 PM

Hi everyone. I'm just popping in to take a look and tell you that I love all of the different ways/colors that these blocks are being sewn. Good work everyone. I'm not quite ready to do a Dear Jane of my own yet but your pictures inspire me. :thumbup:
Old 10-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Power Poster

But Cathy...you wouldn't be alone...you'd have all of us to whine too..I mean we're here to support you :wink:...but thanks for the compliment
Old 10-06-2010, 11:27 PM

Yes, thanks Cathy, some of us are just going at our own pace and some are whizzing, me, well I am a bit stuck at the moment needing a quick push along, but I will get there. I keep telling myself that there are only a few more weeks to go.

There is a lot of support or I wouldn´t have managed this either.

Elle