Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts >

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Old 06-05-2018, 02:23 AM

Default Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Hi all

This is the place to show off your Jen Kingwell blocks and quilts. She has so many beautiful patterns!
Instead of creating a new thread for every individual quilt it might be nice to have them all in one thread.

You will need the book(s) to be able to join. If you thought about making one or more of her quilts, please join us in the fun

There will be no patterns given and there is no sign-up required. Participants must purchase their own copy of the book(s). Participants are not permitted to share copies of the book's contents.

Here you can ask questions, share tips and show off your beautiful blocks or completed quilt(s). You can do as many as you like.

Have fun and show off your beautiful blocks and quilts!
Old 06-05-2018, 03:31 AM

Hi Anael, I am going to make a comment so I can follow this thread. I will see about making one of her quilts soon. But, for now, I am going to happily follow along and cheer you ladies (& gents) on. I can't wait to see what yall are working on.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:55 AM

Hi Judith, welcome! Great to see you here too. Did you know she also has small projects? I just purchased 'Quilt Lovely' with 15 projects (quilts and pillows).

I think I'm in trouble, I purchased the Quilt Lovely book, my Gypsy Wife arrived today and the Green Tea and Sweet Beans is ordered. And I might visit the other side of my country this weekend and purchase Long Time Gone and/or Midnight at the Oasis.
There might be a FART in my future

Last edited by Anael; 06-05-2018 at 05:08 AM.
Old 06-05-2018, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
Hi Judith, welcome! Great to see you here too. Did you know she also has small projects? I just purchased 'Quilt Lovely' with 15 projects (quilts and pillows).
I did not. I will have to google it and see what comes up. That is very interesting.

I'll be honest, I really like to have the finished size of a block. I'm not a fan of figuring out the measurements. I'm not really great at Math. I am getting better at figuring out what block sizes play nice with each other. But, it does make it nice if within the block, you have the finished measurements.

I tend to buy patterns that set me up for success.

Last edited by Judith1005; 06-05-2018 at 05:14 AM.
Old 06-05-2018, 05:14 AM

I went to the LQS, they had one book, Quilt Lovely. I ordered Gypsy Wife and Grean Tea & Sweet Beans online. I often try Amazon in the UK because their shipping rates are very reasonable.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:48 AM

So let me start the show with my first two Gypsy blocks. Some of you might have seen it in another thread

Nurse's Cross
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595532[/ATTACH]

Pershing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595533[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_00071.jpg   img_00081.jpg  
Old 06-05-2018, 06:56 AM

I've done two, Gypsy wife and It's a Small World, and have the pattern for Baker's Dozen on my short "to do" list.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:01 AM

BTW - I have lots of notes in my Gypsy Wife book. There are a few spots she used a narrow strip, but as it turns out, you only need it in one spot to have the blocks line up, so that was something I planned on changing if I did that again. And there is one part that the strips get cut and that is one spot I'd do with partial seams instead of a seam across the strips.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:09 AM

Please, show us your finished quilts Cathy!!

I found some notes on the internet, specially about the strips. Maybe you can share your thoughts about the strips with us? It might help making things a bit easier.

In the Quilt Lovely book is a quilt called Bonnie Lass. That's great for using up some scraps. You only need lots and lots of rectangles, all the same size 784 background and 784 feature fabric rectangles. I don't think I have that many scraps hahaha
Old 06-05-2018, 02:17 PM

Love this thread, Anael.....Her patterns are all so unique so I'll be checking them out more and will love seeing the different blocks and color ways everyone who joins selects. So much fun.

I am working on the Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt and have almost completed section 4, which I'm assembling as I go... I'm playing in bright polka dots and stripes.... These I posted on SBS thread but I'll repost here...I'm adding one I finished today.. I am doing trapunto on my appliqués..
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg