Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

I would like to join if it isn't too late. I haven't participated in a mystery quilt before, but I'm excited about trying.
    Kara

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I think I'd do instead of c&d use either e or alt 1, whichever blends better with b and alt 2. Then use c & d for e & f fabrics. take a look at that combo and see how it looks. Just an opinion, sure it will look great no matter what you come up with.

Okay I have my fabrics however I am lost...I can't find the clues...what am I missing.
    Pat, Lover of Art Deco and Applique
    www.BobbinKnobbins.com

Blog Entries
    first clue is post #1
    second clue is post #264
    third clue is tomarrow

hope this helps

Blog Entries
    Yahoo another WY quilter, welcome aboard!! quiltnut fabric requirements, clue 1 on 1st post, 2nd clue is post # 264, the 3rd 1 will be tomorrow morning.

Blog Entries
    -smiles we must have been typing at the same time, great minds we have huh?

Blog Entries
    LOL ...true

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Yahoo another WY quilter, welcome aboard!! quiltnut fabric requirements, clue 1 on 1st post, 2nd clue is post # 264, the 3rd 1 will be tomorrow morning.
    Thanks for the information. I read through all the posts this morning and caught the clues so I'm all set. I have to pick some fabric tonight and I'll try to get caught up. The snow helps me want to stay inside.
    Kara

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wyoming_quilter View Post
    I would like to join if it isn't too late. I haven't participated in a mystery quilt before, but I'm excited about trying.
    Welcome aboard! We are only on the first cutting, so I doubt Judy will mind
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    The more the merrier on this ride! You can always catch up as we go, and there are lots of us who'll help you. Rain in WA state? Tell me it ain't so! (The rain I don't miss, but the fresh food...yes!) Ms. Mini and I went out today and the wind gusts were so strong that my hat blew away!! It was a bodacious ride. :-) ( I rescued the hat.) Went to Tuesday Morning to check out the fabric. They did have some, but I resisted. Thanks for the compliments on the purples.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Hi everyone!! Had my 1st epic failure on this adventure.... went to start cutting my fabrics when I realized I only had 1yrd cuts ..... you know what that meant - a trip to a my favorite LQS! Oh and what fun did I have... I was hoping to use all stash but just wasn't meant to be on this ride.... Just got back a few minutes ago so I am recharging with some ice cream and then I'll post my new fabric choices ..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by coopah View Post
    The more the merrier on this ride! You can always catch up as we go, and there are lots of us who'll help you. Rain in WA state? Tell me it ain't so! (The rain I don't miss, but the fresh food...yes!) Ms. Mini and I went out today and the wind gusts were so strong that my hat blew away!! It was a bodacious ride. :-) ( I rescued the hat.) Went to Tuesday Morning to check out the fabric. They did have some, but I resisted. Thanks for the compliments on the purples.
    Yes that purple was gorgeous, but then I'm really partial to purples. Is that a sign of age? lol
    I love WA state, rain and all. Hehe.

Are you getting winds from Hurricane Sandy? She looks pretty ferocious as she heads to New York. What did they call it? Frankenstorm, because they figure it'll hit on Halloween.

attention!!!! Attention!!!!. I will be posting the clue tomorrow morning as judy is in the hospital having thrown her back out. That is all the info i have right now but if i here more i will pass it on. I am told she is doing ok. I am up early in the morning so i will post early.

Gads, I thought I was posting that in CAPS and RED. Guess I don't know what I am doing. LOL.

Oh no, no wonder we have not heard from her. Send her our best wishes for a speedy recovery!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Wow. I know what 'throwing your back out' is like. OUCH. Thanks for stepping up Diva and let her know we send Well Wishes!

I just ran across this thread this morning and I love mystery quilts -- I'm in! Here are my fabrics, except for "D". I haven't found anything yet that I like to match up with "C".
    Name:  QB Mystery Fabric.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  375.7 KB

Blog Entries

Question Rebounding from my earlier disaster.

.. played around with a few fabric choices.... what do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    Belfrybat, I like your choices, but for some reason, I'd like to switch C and E. We'll have to wait to see what Judy says.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    I think I'd do instead of c&d use either e or alt 1, whichever blends better with b and alt 2. Then use c & d for e & f fabrics. take a look at that combo and see how it looks. Just an opinion, sure it will look great no matter what you come up with.
    Here are the new choices with the suggestions given above.

Original array:
    Name:  Mystery quilt.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  447.4 KB

Suggestion #1 (not sure there is enough contrast between C & D)
    Name:  mystery quilt 2.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  415.1 KB

Suggestion #2 (Do you think E & F have enought contrast with the others to "draw the eye in" as the original instructions stated?)
    Name:  mystery quilt 2.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  470.4 KB

I've never done this kind of thing before, so am open to suggestions. But if E & F are supposed to contrast with each other and the rest of the fabrics, I'm not sure this does it. Then again, what do I know?
    Last edited by Belfrybat; 10-26-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Judy mentioned that one of the E-F fabrics goes with A-B, and the other E-F fabric goes with C-D. That helped me a lot, hopes it helps someone else who missed it!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Thanks Diva for stepping up with the clues tomorrow. Tell Judy we are all sending her get well wishes!!!! Got my blocks done just haven't been able to post them, need to buy a new camera over the weekend hopefully if I can find a cheap one.LOL Will bewaiting for the new clues in the food car and will be muching on pumpkin cookies yummy There's enough for all some with chocolate or butterscotch chips and some with the chips and nuts.
    It's always sunny here in Fl unless it's raining,LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
    .. played around with a few fabric choices.... what do you think?
    I like #1...& I really love these fabrics!

I finished my apricot white chocolate chip biscotti willing to share! the anise seed ones are in the ovenand need another hour to finish and cool so save a bit of coffee for those also.

I love the fabrics and for the mystery what do you think D should be I think a small print with that aqua/teal in it would be perfect.

Please give our best wishes for a speedy recovery, a safe return home and we will be waiting to get her back. To those of you in the wake of that big storm tie your HATS DOWN. (hey out of curiosity anyone wear purple hats? with red feathers?)
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    I finished my apricot white chocolate chip biscotti willing to share! the anise seed ones are in the ovenand need another hour to finish and cool so save a bit of coffee for those also.

I love the fabrics and for the mystery what do you think D should be I think a small print with that aqua/teal in it would be perfect.

Please give our best wishes for a speedy recovery, a safe return home and we will be waiting to get her back. To those of you in the wake of that big storm tie your HATS DOWN. (hey out of curiosity anyone wear purple hats? with red feathers?)
    I think the teal print would work best, too, but haven't spotted one yet. I did order a light ginger/gold small dot that blends with the tiny flowers in "C", so we'll see. There are dots in the background of "B", so it might work.

Since I live in the usual hurricane path in Louisiana, I feel your pain in the northeast! Stock up on batteries and snacks and batten down the hatches!

Blog Entries
    Reeskyler, my second graders delighted in purple. Purple clothes, purple backpacks, purple shoes, purple art. Everything purple OR pink. So I think purple is for the young, but we'll play nice and share it with those who are older!

The winds are from Frankenstorm, and they seem to be about what we normally have with this kind of storm. We'll be fine, it looks like places further North will get the brunt of it.

Judy's in the hospital? Oh, let her know we miss her, but Poker Diva, you'll do just great! So glad you are able to help. See everyone tomorrow!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast