Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 35 44 45 46 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1570

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Judy, this is a great pattern! Thank you so much for doing this for us. Can't wait to see how everyone's turn out.

I can't wait to sew mine together!!!!!!!!!! Judy thank-you... this is so much fun.....
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Wow, Judy. Even from up here in the observation car, I had no idea what was coming. Beautiful. Can't wait to see all the train quilts. I did the first one but haven't been able to do the last two rides. Maybe next one, if you have the stamina for another one, Judy. One thing I really love about the mystery quilts is that it makes me realize that even a complicated design can be broken into steps we all can do.

Blog Entries
    looks nice. i am so excited we got both clues this week. putting mine together on the display wall right now. i thought i had sewn them together wrong, till i kept placing them, and it worked out. thx for the trip judy. nice train ride. a little tipsy going thru some of those mountains tho. or was that the beverage served?

Blog Entries
    WOWEE!! Just love the look of this in your pictures. Off to sew I go!! Thanks, Judy for being a wonderful hostess...and you should copyright this pattern since it's your creation!!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire_Rae View Post
    I hopped on board the train when it passed through Montana. Been sitting in the observation car, and now decided to mingle about. Hi all. Just got all my steps done to-date. This is my first mystery quilt and it is fun! Judy, thanks! Here are my blocks; I'm thrilled they've been passed by inspector Samir.
    I know where Hamilton Montana is ! Welcome aboard. My sister in law and brother in law and all of there kids live there. What a small world. Have been there several times. Love your fabric choices appeals to my girl side Love your cat we have 2 lovely fur balls that share our home but not my sewing space as they like to steal things off my sewing table and I never see them again.
    ​Christine

Judy these are going to be absolutely gorgeous! Now off to sew to!!
    Thank you, Thank you Judy for making my first mystery with you a treat and so exciting!
    ​Christine

Judy, I love how it came together. I am just now back to the sewing machine and have to finish up the 2 quilts I am making for two grandsons for Christmas, and a afew other gifts then after Christmas will start on this one. I am so excited about it. I love the patterns. Thank you so much for doing this. Will be waiting for the next one.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Name:  Mystery quilt Train Ride #3.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  588.1 KBOkay all here are what my blocks will look like. I had to do one of each to see what they would look like am pleased with the results. Only 10 more blocks to go lol. Judy thank you for the wonderful train trip I really enjoyed everything and the friends I met on the way. Hopefully I can join you on the next train trip. Hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know that I did spent it with family and of course over stuffed now have to work it off. lol Happy quilting everyone

Woo hoo pbadder - very pretty -- turned out nice, didn't it, after all your agonizing!
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

WOW!!!! This sure was a surprise ending...but I LOVE it...can't wait to get mine finished, many thanks for hosting us on this ride, it was loads of fun!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Judy, Judy, Judy thank you soooooo much for your time and sharing your talent with us. This is my first Mystery quilt ever and I cannot wait for the next one in February. You are very nice to do this for us. Thank you all for the food, drinks, and deserts. I will be getting off the train when it stops in Michigan, then the long walk home.

Judy - your blocks looked awesome. Keeping my fingers crossed on mine. Thanks for for taking the time to do this!

So by tomorrow all of you will have this completed right? I will be the one slowly coming in last place! I have all the pieces now to start the sewing them together part. That is not a one day job I am fearing. Maybe by Tuesday with any luck then the quilting begins.. now that is a much longer process. Judy thanks for teaching us week by week and the comment about breaking things down so they are not too complicated is correct. I have long looked at an irish chain quilt with admiration but said oh he..heck? no! and now I will have done it. TADA! hope it looks as good as yours does. Everyone remember to post so the slower of us can keep inspired. Thanks again. WAIT WAIT

A toast to our conductor, on the house! everyone join hands and sing .. something! Sure hope the train is ready to take off on a new adventure shortly!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Wow! I never guessed the end result -- didn't even come close. This really is a lovely design. Thank you for the great train ride!

Quote Originally Posted by frusratedquilter40 View Post
    I know where Hamilton Montana is ! Welcome aboard. My sister in law and brother in law and all of there kids live there. What a small world. Have been there several times. Love your fabric choices appeals to my girl side Love your cat we have 2 lovely fur balls that share our home but not my sewing space as they like to steal things off my sewing table and I never see them again.
    Hi Christine! Yes, small world, huh? We came from Washington and absolutely love it here in the Bitterroot Valley. Thankfully, my cats don't take my stuff (yet?). I'm going through a pink/white shabby chic phase right now; hope this color scheme works. I think I might have needed one of my 'darks' darker, we'll see.
    Lynda Rae

"One who makes no mistakes -- never makes anything!" Author Unknown

Name:  Mystery Quilt 002.JPG
Views: 450
Size:  1.15 MBName:  Mystery Quilt 001.JPG
Views: 450
Size:  1.23 MB

I am in love with this they are my colors but also my mom like these too. Thinking if I can get it quilted in time it may be for my mom for Christmas. Thank you again Judy you are awesome!
    ​Christine

I will be able to finish mine when i can get my sewing machine off to the doctor. Poor thing ate a needle, once i got the needle out didn't ever want to work again. I can't believe that it happen a month before the holidays. I am so lost with it

Blog Entries
    Judy, I love it! I am debating on finishing like you did two smaller quilts for two twins I know, who just happen to have a Dec 22 birthday! Feel sorry for their mom, not only Christmas to deal with but TWO Birthdays!

Hey Linda-Brat, Darling girl it is not a contest to see who can do it the fastest! So allow your self to relax and finish at your leisure! It is my OCD that makes me do stuff as fast as possible, but I am going to allow myself to take it easy on this one!

I am going to put a few blocks together because I am "curious as all get out" to see the results! But the rest is going to wait! Hummmm, maybe I should send to you to finish for me ...

I just love the train rides, your ability to keep us all guessing Judy is amazing!

Blessings, Marybeth
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Well, I worked on mine this afternoon & got the 4 corners done. Now to assemble the blocks, rows & quilt. Will do rest of assembly tomorrow. This is coming out just awesome! Even the stripes came out looking good!
    Judy, while I was sewing, a thought crossed my mind...last mystery turned out to be a carpenter star, this one an irish chain variation. It's real funny, both were patterns I had just finished for longarm classes! Let's see.....what class am I going to take around about February so that you'll do a variation of that one too!

Here's the Irish Chain I finished for a Craftsy long arm class.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You guys are soooo great! thank you for all the nice things you have said. But I really enjoy designing a quilt and making it come alive. All of you are so supportive and I appreciate you overlooking a few boo boos when I was sick.

The blocks posted look great, can't wait to see the rest of them. As you earlier had been posting the pieces made, and I see your collections of pieces, knowing you didn't know what you were going to do with them, I could see how they were going to turn out, and I hoped you all would be pleased with them. I don't think there is going to be an ugly one in the bunch!
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Quote Originally Posted by frusratedquilter40 View Post
    frustrated..... My cat would steal the bobbins and bat them around. Unbeknownst to me, she got the thread wrapped around her tongue. After a trip to the vet and surgery to make sure that she had not swallowed any pins or needles, she could no longer go into my sewing room. (spoiled the fun for the other kitties, lol) They do love to help us don't they!!!!
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

Judy..... YOU RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you soooooo much for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings!
    Carole
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Carsey View Post
    frustrated..... My cat would steal the bobbins and bat them around. Unbeknownst to me, she got the thread wrapped around her tongue. After a trip to the vet and surgery to make sure that she had not swallowed any pins or needles, she could no longer go into my sewing room. (spoiled the fun for the other kitties, lol) They do love to help us don't they!!!!
    They used to steal my thread and have it all over the house and I am also missing 2 seam rippers anything that rolls they take and hide under my oak buffet and we do not move it out very often because I would have to unloaded it and even then it weighs like two hundred pounds. Sorry to hear your kitty had to go to the hospital
    ​Christine

Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 35 44 45 46 55 ... LastLast