Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11 51 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1570

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Blog Entries
    everyone's tops are finishing beautiful. i love mine. and yours. judy outdid her self with this one, didn't she? ok, sew, shadow, great job.

I have my blocks laid out ready to sew the last 2 seams on each large block. Things just keep getting in the way.
    I was requested to demonstrate free motion quilting at our guild night last Wednesday, and now my machine is set up for that so I feel like I need to get that quilt finished before getting back to this. I don't do alot of my own quilting, usually send it to a LAQ, but now that it is started, sort of have to finish it.
    I am really liking the look of my blocks and can't wait to be able to show all of you.

The pictures posted so far all look great.

HAHAHA, Whitepine, I like that..."An Unchained Irish Coffee Party Time"....sounds good to me...

Blog Entries

Talking Yea!!

Just completed sewing my quilt top yesterday! If someone had given me the pattern first I probably would not have chosen the fabrics that I used, but I like it! What do you think? Not sure what I will do with this as far as the quilting, I may just hold onto it and use it for practice as I found a local quilt shop that is renting a LAQ! Thank you so much Judy and all my fellow quilters on this train ride.... although I tend to be more shy when first meeting folks I'm sure I will become more chatty on the next go round! Now to head back down to my sewing room - still on Clue one of the Scrappy Mystery Train Ride!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    UNCHAINED I like that !!!!!

Blog Entries
    Gretchen, that's very pretty. The soft floral adds a feminine touch, for sure.

Blog Entries
    Gretchen, it's a good thing we don't know the end result when we start these mysteries!! Otherwise, we wouldn't end up with such wonderful quilts. Your combinations work just fine! YAY!! I like it! I like it! :-)
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    Love the colors Gretchen I think it is lovely and girly just perfect. Now I need to finish this one I finished another mystery top today so maybe tomorrow

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    Name:  Judy's mystery done 001.JPG
Views: 504
Size:  1.15 MB
    Look I finally finished sorry about the lighting took picture at night in my sewing room upstairs and the lighting distorts the colors. I could not wait to post my completed project or else I would have waited till morning The colors are a deep red and dark green, with light green and brown.

Judy my hat is off to you!! I love this quilt and the colors I picked I think it is one of the best mysteries I have been involved in so far and the first one of yours I tried and I started from the start because I wanted it to be a true mystery. You are so talented and I appreciate all your hard work in putting these together for all of us

Now on to your mini stash buster have by 12- 9 patch blocks done but wanted to finish this before I gor to involved with another and my sewing table was running out of room
    ​Christine

Christine, I really like it! Great job!

Blog Entries
    That's a beauty, Christine! :-) Glad you joined in on this mystery!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Name:  3rd Mystery.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  99.5 KB well i finally managed to catch this train and get this done. I used what fabrics i had on hand that looked like they were big enough to meet requirements. I was short of the purple print so you will see variation of the dark blocks as used plain purple in one section of the corner sections. Anastasia isnt too wild about my combo of purple and orange but my son's girlfriend has a 3 year old daughter who fell in love with them and wants this quilt o be for her.

Blog Entries
    I love the colors in this one. It was worth waiting for.

Pretty mystery quilts!!

The editor of Fons & Porter contacted me to review their new eBook. If you like log cabin quilts you can get a free copy of this "eBook" by heading over to my blog!

http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.c...bin-ebook.html

Happy Quilting!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Everyone's quilts are so pretty and different. I definately will keep this pattern for another go.

Here is my quilt top. Sorry it is on my bed and you cannot see the outer boarder. I also had some left over strips so made this row quilt too with the left overs from those. Now I have to get them quilted.

Lisa

Blog Entries
    Another pretty finish. The colors are great.

Thank you, Karen for the link. I was going to make an uneven log cabin, but that bear paw one is a possibility.

Lisa, your quilt top turned out so pretty.

OK. To everyone who has posted pictures of their finished tops, it is REALLY making feel guilty. Guess I had better get mine out of it's box and back up on the design wall.
    Sweet Caroline

I finally finished my top, I love it I might add another border just not sure yet. The colors are not true, looks alot better in person.
    It's always sunny here in Fl unless it's raining,LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post

OK. To everyone who has posted pictures of their finished tops, it is REALLY making feel guilty. Guess I had better get mine out of it's box and back up on the design wall.
    Ditto! Everyone's quilts are lovely and inspirational, but dang -- too many irons in the fire? I don't think I'm very good at time management.
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries

finally finished

Finally all quilted, binding on and in the mail for my Great Granddaughter's 1st birthday next week. I really like the way it turned out.Name:  DSCF1065.JPG
Views: 368
Size:  1.20 MB

Blog Entries

again

Sorry that is so blurry, here's a close-upName:  DSCF1066.JPG
Views: 488
Size:  1.20 MB

I really like it, Jaba. Thanks for the non blurry pic. I thought my eyes were going. LOL It's perfect for a 1st birthday!

Blog Entries
    Don't know what happened with the other. must have been concentrating a little more on this one, imagine that. Too late to take another photo, it's in the mail.

Blog Entries
    Well maybe there will be a photo with the darling baby...hint, hint, hint

Blog Entries

baby Zaita

Oh that's no problem at all, here she is in all her gloryName:  402102_464708123549590_1254680946_n.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  27.9 KBZaita Mae

Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11 51 60 61 62 ... LastLast