Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Just Takes 2 Quilt-Along! >

Just Takes 2 Quilt-Along!

Just Takes 2 Quilt-Along!

Old 01-10-2012, 09:55 AM

Red face Just Takes 2 Quilt-Along!

Hi ya’ll! Welcome to the Just Takes 2 Quilt Along for those who are working on Bonnie Hunter’s Orca Bay Mystery Quilt. Everyone is welcome to come and play along with us!!!

This thread will be the "homebase" for our Quilt-Along. We are going to hang out here to chat, share pointers and encouragement, and cheer each other on. We will also have the pictures in the same thread so that there will be no confusion.

I will be acting as your host through this journey, any questions, comments or conflicts can be addressed to me through a p.m. I know you will find her very knowledgeable and helpful. Patrice J. will be lurking in the background to boink me in the head if ya’ll misbehave really badly.

Introduction to the Quilt

Just Takes 2 is a Mystery BOM hosted by Sentimental Stitches and Dear Jane. You can find the quilt information at www.justtakes2.com

Ground rules and Guidelines

As much as everyone hates “rules,” it is necessary to lay groundwork so that we all understand up front what to expect and what is expected so things can run smoothly. Please take the time to read the guidelines set forth here.

1. Be kind, there will be No Flaming. This is a very friendly, encouraging and supportive group. Be patient, please keep in mind that there are those participating here with a wide range of quilting skills from the novice to the master and every level between. We want this to be enjoyable for all.

2.All copyrights will be honored and protected.
Because this is a copyrighted quilt we will not permit uploading of the PDF files of this mystery quilt. That decision is based on ethics and because it is much safer from a legal perspective than trying to guess what would or wouldn't get somebody or successfully sued.
If you need help finding the patterns, I am more than happy to help you find them.

3. This is not a swap it is a Quilt-a-long. This means you are making your own quilt. Therefore you can choose whichever fabrics you like best.

I hope everyone will enjoy this quilt along as much as I will. Can’t wait to see your progress!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:14 AM

I am doing this but must wait until Feb to buy my fabric. I am going to make it for my sister who likes orange and turquois. (sp) I am looking for Indian motifs or figures for the embroidery part. Should be fun.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:24 AM

Sounds like fun. I will watch to see all the great work.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:53 PM

Hey I am doing this quilt ) Just finished the 3rd block today. I am doing a block a day as soon as I get the patterns. I am using scraps....I can't seem to throw anything away so my blocks are white's and creams for the back ground fabrics and I have tons of scraps for the colored parts. So far my blocks are way way pretty....can't wait to get more block patterns )
Old 01-11-2012, 04:43 AM

Hi Dori, Me too...I have way too many scraps, but I'm in FL until mid=March, so I'm collecting the patterns, (but, the urge is there to get started, know what I mean? Might have to buy a little fabric to get started.....) ah, well..... isn't that the way it goes? But what we've been given so far makes me think this will be a great quilt!
Old 01-11-2012, 04:56 AM

BTW, does anyone know the finished size of JT2?
Old 01-11-2012, 04:58 AM

I am going to be using the kona cream muslin as it was pretty thick and just the right price (as I am supposed to be using stash this year and had to sneak it by lol) For my color, I am using black as I know I have at least 3 yards of black and hope I have more hiding around here somewhere...
I love the idea of it being done in scraps! Dori, do you have any pics? I would love to see it!
Old 01-11-2012, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cottage Dee View Post
BTW, does anyone know the finished size of JT2?
In the basic info part, it says that without borders it should be 72 x 90
Old 01-11-2012, 05:00 AM

Thanks, Brooke, my brain sees this morning, but somehow is not registering!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:03 AM

Thats how I am without my coffee, since the little one makes me get up so early (and I stay up late trying to catch up on bonnie hunter's orca bay that she just finished lol