Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
McCalls Quilting Jan/Feb 2012 / 3 month mystery quilt along >

McCalls Quilting Jan/Feb 2012 / 3 month mystery quilt along

McCalls Quilting Jan/Feb 2012 / 3 month mystery quilt along

Old 01-17-2012, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
from the blog answers on mccalls quilting website the squares should measure 6" unfinished. see comments below from their website. here is the weblink on mccalls. http://www.mccallsquilting.com/artic...in_Three_Parts

Valerie_Uland
Answer for kingt

At the end of Part 1, your UNFINISHED (raw edge) blocks should now measure 6 INCHES SQUARE. (Do NOT trim your Part 1 unfinished blocks smaller than 6 inches square!) Jan 10, 2012 at 08:36 AM

kingt
Final measurement of first two squares

I am really pretty new at this and am still not completely understanding answers to others who had the same question I did. So let me ask the question this way. After all the squares are sewn as directed, and we are going to square them up and wait for part 2 instructions, do we square them up to 6 inches or do we square them up to 5 1/2 inches? Jan 06, 2012 at 05:32 PM
Hi Havplenty, So glad you found where the squares should be squared to 6 inches, as some of mine certainly could not be squared to 6 1/2.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks View Post
Hey Caroline, I love your D fabric. Looks like a beautiful Persian rug.
Shhhh, don't tell anyone. But it is a fabric shower curtain I found at Goodwill for $3.99. I will look at anything that is 100% cotton and is light enough fabric for putting into a quilt. Now I am looking for a new fabric C. It originally belonged to my daugher and she reclaimed it. I really wanted to pull from my stash for this quilt. Now I may have to buy some new fabric. Think I will just have to do some online shopping tonight.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
Shhhh, don't tell anyone. But it is a fabric shower curtain I found at Goodwill for $3.99. I will look at anything that is 100% cotton and is light enough fabric for putting into a quilt. Now I am looking for a new fabric C. It originally belonged to my daugher and she reclaimed it. I really wanted to pull from my stash for this quilt. Now I may have to buy some new fabric. Think I will just have to do some online shopping tonight.
Well, it's beautiful! And I love the fact that you are willing to use what you have on hand.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:29 AM

Really like this combo....
Originally Posted by Fabriclovr View Post
OK, rethought my fabric choices and came up with this:[ATTACH=CONFIG]303089[/ATTACH]
Old 01-18-2012, 09:33 AM

Very nice...
Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
AS promised here are my fabrics - hope they work well together when all is said and done [ATTACH=CONFIG]303537[/ATTACH]The green is the 3 yards
Old 01-18-2012, 03:01 PM

okay got my colorway figured out. the pink is 3+ yards though it was designated the backing for a pink ribbon quilt which i havent started on yet so it is up for grabs. i just need to get some more red (oh oh a purchase) because the one i have sufficient yardage of is a solid and i wanted a little pattern but all in all it will all work out. now i can get started real soon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]304279[/ATTACH]

got my magazine copy in today now to finish picking fabs. still trying not to buy any fabs so..... i'm still looking through my fabrics. i normally only buy fabrics for projects so dont have a lot of "extra" fabrics. this is gonna be tough for the 3+ yards but i'm hopeful.
Attached Thumbnails mystery-colorway.jpg  
Old 01-18-2012, 04:22 PM

okay got my colorway figured out. the pink is 3+ yards though it was designated the backing for a pink ribbon quilt which i havent started on yet so it is up for grabs. i just need to get some more red (oh oh a purchase) because the one i have sufficient yardage of is a solid and i wanted a little pattern but all in all it will all work out. now i can get started real soon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]304279[/ATTACH]
Very pretty. I am a sucker for jewel tones and paisleys.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:25 PM

I have my magazine... if I can find fabric from my stash I would love to join you all...
Old 01-19-2012, 07:34 AM

Havplenty, your floral is goreous!!!

Gigi, sure hope you find enough fabric in your stash so you can join us!
Old 01-19-2012, 11:22 AM

caroline s--i have a red tabby, too, but we've always called them marmalade cats for orange or ginger marmalade. mine is named tiger, so you can see what they were thinking at the rescue! hahaha. he's a very sweet boy, as has been every red/orange/dunn tabby i've ever known and has just out grown his 2-3 yr sillies and is now quite adult. i can tell he was abused still by his once in a while startled reaction to a movement or sound that our other cat doesn't even blink at. what area of the country are you and he from?(sorry, for a moment i flashed back to a suzanne sugarbaker joke). i grew up in new england primarily. tiger is from philly. i'm lousy at getting pictures, always say i will and almost never do because i'm really good at blurry. but i will try to remember to enclose one before this thread is done--that gives me plenty of time-right!? i think it would be fun if each of us, at some point in this trip included pictures of our furry quilt inspectors and assistants. do you?

Last edited by nancia; 01-19-2012 at 11:26 AM.