Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Works, just noticed your little blurb at the bottom of your postings. Reminds me of a sign I have in my bathroom:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    I'll bring some chocolate creams to the club car later to go with the other goodies! But right now I am thinking fabric. I'm thinking maybe a scrappy done in 1930's repro. fabrics with a tone on tone white for background... not sure of a color for the sashing - maybe a red or a bright yellow?. Any suggestions for the sashing color????
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

I've had a few PMs asking about scrappy and using charm packs. I think my original posting was a bit misleading, but can't seem to change it now. As to using charm packs, you would probably need almost 2 full packs (most charms packs have about 40 blocks I think) and then eliminate the 1/3 yard of fabric D. You will still need the 1/3 yard of sashing color E. So sorry for the confusion.

Maybe wait until the time comes to use the sashing before you make your choice. At least, that is what I did with my scrappy.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
    I'll bring some chocolate creams to the club car later to go with the other goodies! But right now I am thinking fabric. I'm thinking maybe a scrappy done in 1930's repro. fabrics with a tone on tone white for background... not sure of a color for the sashing - maybe a red or a bright yellow?. Any suggestions for the sashing color????

Blog Entries
    Judy, I am in again.. I love batiks so it my be my choice in scrappy. Now where is that club car. Hey girls I'm back again!!!

Carolyn
    Carolyn
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/islandwiz1/Boom%206%20Autumn%20Group/

Hi, Carolyn, welcome! It would be beautiful in batiks.

Blog Entries
    SPLASH Down!!! I have landed in the new thread...lol....Im already thinking of two different color schemes. Packing the wine, cheese and crackers. You all don't forget to bring them fruit butters for us to try..and the applesauce. So off I run to play in my stash with all the new lovely fabrics I brought back from Kentucky.. Woot. Judy I think a few stray geese are nesting in the sleeping car from the last trip. LOL Hear its beautiful in California have a wonderful day Judy and everyone who's gearing up new and returning for this next mystery trip.
    Have an awesome day!

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    I've had a few PMs asking about scrappy and using charm packs. I think my original posting was a bit misleading, but can't seem to change it now. As to using charm packs, you would probably need almost 2 full packs (most charms packs have about 40 blocks I think) and then eliminate the 1/3 yard of fabric D. You will still need the 1/3 yard of sashing color E. So sorry for the confusion.

I "think" if you ask Patrice she can edit the original post for you with the correct info.

Also ... are you going to do a separate thread each week, with the new instructions?
    That might be a way to make it easier for all to find the instructions .... and then tell them to do all the discussion back in this thread.

Failing that ... if you're keeping it to one thread, again, perhaps you could ask Patrice to add in the post # where the next instructions are located.

Just some thoughts that might help all that follow along or jump on in later stages.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And we are off! Really do need to finish last one before I begin this one but can choose fabrics! I enjoyed the last one and want to choose my fabrics carefully!

Hugs,
    Cajun

Blog Entries
    So excited to start a new train ride! I also love batiks so I just might join Carolyn in doing a scrappy batik. I am still working on the last one. My goal is to have it done before I actually start sewing on this one. I cut some more geese last night. Still not sure how it will end.
    Diana

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Finished the binding on "autumn flight" so will post here. The last train was great, envied all of you in that club car but it doesn't come even close to Wyo. Maybe the next one I'll have to plan a road trip to jump aboard for a few days. Here's the outcome of the last mystery.....think it has a little much yellow.Name:  DSCF0598.JPG
Views: 974
Size:  1.25 MB

Jaba, looks great -- and this train will swing through Wyoming, so be ready to jump on board. In fact, it may be able to stop in every state except Hawaii and Alaska, but those people, come on down to the lower 48 and let us know where to pick you up. The more the merrier.

Blog Entries
    Jaba, I love the brightness of all your colors. Thanks for sharing.
    Carolyn

Blog Entries
    Diana, So glad your on board!
    Carolyn

Blog Entries
    I'm in and bringing the applesauce, Jenniky! Had to use the search function to find this, but glad the train hadn't pulled out of the station yet! My first mystery isn't done, but maybe we'll have more time to sew this trip. :-)

I am going to go put a link on the last train to make this easier to find.

Blog Entries
    Oh now I need to know about the rhubarb tea, how do I make some so I can bring it as well. May bring in some of that pie but have to bake a new one. Schwans man comes tonight, will get some triple berry blend to throw in with the rhubarb. Yum yum, rum rum rum rum. Oooops, this is not one of those train rides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Ready for another train ride. Meet you all in the club car and will bring some refreshing rhubarb tea.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

I do not have a big stash so I went to equilter.com & played with the design board.
    Didn't some commercial say, I'm worth it??!
    Dotty in NYC

All Aboard!! Absolutely!! Can't wait to get "going" with you all. So many ideas rolling around in my head. Oh wait, that might be because the train is moving. LOL. Can't wait to get started but have to visit my grandson first. Nope, won't make a quilt for him. He already has sooo many. Well, he is my only grandchild. We will need a lot of snacks to get us through until the 26th. Yummy.

Blog Entries

Knee deep in stash that is not speaking to me :)

Alright it might take me weeks to figure out my fabrics. Here are the six I pulled from my stash. I have been so wanting to use the two paisleys blue and green to make something for my room. I sew need help with this. ... Fabric #1 is my Primary A; I was looking at putting the solid blue to go with it as My B and then the green paisley as the sashing and the paisley blue as the blender then picking between the two remaining colors.. the green may not look like it blends.. the camera is pulling out a lot of white in it that is not there when you look at it with the naked eye. Please bare with all my pictures and please I will not be offended by anyone's opinion..this is what Im asking for ladies.. So please help. Ideas do these work??..do I need to buy some other color fabric to give it more flavor?..Now remember Im a country western fanatic so help me stay within that type of fabric/theme.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have an awesome day!

Pretty fabric. I wish I could help you but I'm not even sure what I am doing with mine yet. Since Judy knows the outcome, I think you might want to listen to her opinion. I like it all.

Hmmm ... all are pretty. I think my vote would go to eliminate the bright blue. I think 1, 2 and 3 for A B and C. Then, when you get the 2nd clue, decide how you want to use your A B and C. Hang on to 5 and 6, you'll see the perfect way to use them when we get near the end. Good job, Jenniky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    Alright it might take me weeks to figure out my fabrics. Here are the six I pulled from my stash. I have been so wanting to use the two paisleys blue and green to make something for my room. I sew need help with this. ... Fabric #1 is my Primary A; I was looking at putting the solid blue to go with it as My B and then the green paisley as the sashing and the paisley blue as the blender then picking between the two remaining colors.. the green may not look like it blends.. the camera is pulling out a lot of white in it that is not there when you look at it with the naked eye. Please bare with all my pictures and please I will not be offended by anyone's opinion..this is what Im asking for ladies.. So please help. Ideas do these work??..do I need to buy some other color fabric to give it more flavor?..Now remember Im a country western fanatic so help me stay within that type of fabric/theme.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Judy... fabric #3 is the lighter blue with the paisley print that one you say is good to keep. Fabric #4 the medium blue is a solid that is the one you are saying to leave out..correct?
    Have an awesome day!

Yes. If it was my fabric and I was choosing, this is what I would do.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Judy..just making sure on the blues. Wow Now Im ready...you have a wonderful trip and I will help keep the party going in the club car while you are away.
    Have an awesome day!

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast