Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime >

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Old 05-09-2012, 12:50 PM

I am going to go put a link on the last train to make this easier to find.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:56 PM

Oh now I need to know about the rhubarb tea, how do I make some so I can bring it as well. May bring in some of that pie but have to bake a new one. Schwans man comes tonight, will get some triple berry blend to throw in with the rhubarb. Yum yum, rum rum rum rum. Oooops, this is not one of those train rides.
Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
Ready for another train ride. Meet you all in the club car and will bring some refreshing rhubarb tea.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:15 PM

I do not have a big stash so I went to equilter.com & played with the design board.
Didn't some commercial say, I'm worth it??!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:46 PM

All Aboard!! Absolutely!! Can't wait to get "going" with you all. So many ideas rolling around in my head. Oh wait, that might be because the train is moving. LOL. Can't wait to get started but have to visit my grandson first. Nope, won't make a quilt for him. He already has sooo many. Well, he is my only grandchild. We will need a lot of snacks to get us through until the 26th. Yummy.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:51 PM

Default Knee deep in stash that is not speaking to me :)

Alright it might take me weeks to figure out my fabrics. Here are the six I pulled from my stash. I have been so wanting to use the two paisleys blue and green to make something for my room. I sew need help with this. ... Fabric #1 is my Primary A; I was looking at putting the solid blue to go with it as My B and then the green paisley as the sashing and the paisley blue as the blender then picking between the two remaining colors.. the green may not look like it blends.. the camera is pulling out a lot of white in it that is not there when you look at it with the naked eye. Please bare with all my pictures and please I will not be offended by anyone's opinion..this is what Im asking for ladies.. So please help. Ideas do these work??..do I need to buy some other color fabric to give it more flavor?..Now remember Im a country western fanatic so help me stay within that type of fabric/theme.
Attached Thumbnails allchoices.jpg   fabric1.jpg   fabric2.jpg   fabric3.jpg   fabric4.jpg  

fabric5.jpg   fabric6.jpg  
Old 05-09-2012, 03:59 PM

Pretty fabric. I wish I could help you but I'm not even sure what I am doing with mine yet. Since Judy knows the outcome, I think you might want to listen to her opinion. I like it all.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:42 PM

Hmmm ... all are pretty. I think my vote would go to eliminate the bright blue. I think 1, 2 and 3 for A B and C. Then, when you get the 2nd clue, decide how you want to use your A B and C. Hang on to 5 and 6, you'll see the perfect way to use them when we get near the end. Good job, Jenniky.
Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
Alright it might take me weeks to figure out my fabrics. Here are the six I pulled from my stash. I have been so wanting to use the two paisleys blue and green to make something for my room. I sew need help with this. ... Fabric #1 is my Primary A; I was looking at putting the solid blue to go with it as My B and then the green paisley as the sashing and the paisley blue as the blender then picking between the two remaining colors.. the green may not look like it blends.. the camera is pulling out a lot of white in it that is not there when you look at it with the naked eye. Please bare with all my pictures and please I will not be offended by anyone's opinion..this is what Im asking for ladies.. So please help. Ideas do these work??..do I need to buy some other color fabric to give it more flavor?..Now remember Im a country western fanatic so help me stay within that type of fabric/theme.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:19 PM

Thanks Judy... fabric #3 is the lighter blue with the paisley print that one you say is good to keep. Fabric #4 the medium blue is a solid that is the one you are saying to leave out..correct?
Old 05-09-2012, 05:37 PM

Yes. If it was my fabric and I was choosing, this is what I would do.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:07 PM

Thanks Judy..just making sure on the blues. Wow Now Im ready...you have a wonderful trip and I will help keep the party going in the club car while you are away.