Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 50 of 62 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1532

Thread: A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

  1. #1226
    Super Member luvTooQuilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Posts
    7,119
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    sheri i am just curious, what is the purpose of making siggi blocks to trade when they are not going as a label to a quilt project? is this swap just about collecting siggi blocks in general or do you do something with them?
    Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    People do different things with them. I know in the Dear Jane thread we've talked about trading a signiture block between all the ladies who are working together to finish that. Some are using them in the backing as a momento. Some have made quilts for momento. I recently found a quilt in my MIL's closet she made with her sewing friends years ago and they each did a block and signed them. I think it's just a fun thing for memories, if you want. I see mine as a border or a backing on a quilt I've made from blocks traded through the QuiltBoard or like my mystery quilt done with all you here on the train. Just ideas. I think SharonB posted some finished projects people have done in the past.
    Mine will be intermixed with the siggie blocks and other sqs to make a momento QB quilt of the participating QB members.. I love the idea since I for one am on the QB ALOT.. There's room for others to join too.. if anyone is interested..

  2. #1227
    Super Member coopah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Horse Country, FL
    Posts
    6,203
    Blog Entries
    1

    Whew! Mr. Nobody didn't keep me from finishing!

    Name:  mystery  train #2-completed.JPG
Views: 320
Size:  116.9 KBThe picture is sideways, and I don't know how to rotate it! Oh well, you get the idea. "Mr. Nobody" came by and swiped one of my piano key borders! That was a shocker, but wanted to get the top finished, as my UFOs are beyond count. So with a bit of ripping, this is how it turned out. Probably milder colors would have been good, but this will be a good snuggle quilt. Hope Judy is doing okay. Thanks to all the encouragers:urgodschild2, cindy 60545, and Jenniky. It's been fun!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

  3. #1228
    Senior Member stefanib123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    645
    Mine is almost finished, just need to get pics! I changed it up a bit, added a few borders to make it bigger. I changed it from a table topper to a beach or picnic quilt.

    I looooove everyone's! It's amazing how the same quilt can look so different. I have learned a lot from this. I don't have a local quilt guild or any quilty friends and things like this are so fun for me! You guys are my guild, LOL!

    We must do another! Someone please, please, please do another!

  4. #1229
    Senior Member stefanib123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    645
    I'm saving all the pics of you guys' quilts and printing them off along with the instructions for my quilt journal. I hope thats ok with you?

    I scrapbook a lot and I want this in my quilt scrapbook because it's been so fun for me. Plus all the different pics are great inspiration for future quilts!

  5. #1230
    Super Member urgodschild2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    1,713
    OOOOH do sign up for the siggy swap. If you look at the pattern you can see how it will make into a quilt. You have all of July to make them. They are so easy to put together and go real fast. I would love to have siggy's from everyone on this train ride. That would be so cool.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

  6. #1231
    Senior Member cleodaisy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by chefbwarner View Post
    Well after ripping out a couple things I got it done and all put away til next week. Bad storms moving in and looks like we'll be needing an ark as some streetsAttachment 340934 will be under water. Ok posting pics and signing off til the weather passes here along the gulf coast. Hugssssssss and thanks again.
    I hope that you didn't get flooded out or lose power!!! Since I live just mainland of Indian Rocks Beach I know that Debby wasn't a lot of fun. The worst I got was power flickering off several times.

    Cleodaisy

  7. #1232
    Member msevelyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UTAH
    Posts
    14
    These quilts or very pretty, Havent tried the pattern.

  8. #1233
    Super Member dotcomdtcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New York City UWS
    Posts
    4,420
    Judy... can we look forward to #3 train Ride? Dotty
    Dotty in NYC

  9. #1234
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Posts
    3,972
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
    Judy... can we look forward to #3 train Ride? Dotty
    Same here. I am thinking a fall Mystery Train through the Northeast to see the wonderful fall colors.
    Sweet Caroline

  10. #1235
    Super Member paintmejudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ suburb
    Posts
    3,801
    Hi, all. Just catching up on a week's worth of chatter.

    Please, a hostess gift is not neccessary. I thank you for the thought, it was sweet to think of it, but I enjoyed this and did it for the fun of it.
    So ... no gift, OK?

    Still planning on a mystery in fall, start looking for it maybe mid September.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

  11. #1236
    Super Member Havplenty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    MO (the Show Me state)
    Posts
    2,975
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Hi, all. Just catching up on a week's worth of chatter.

    Please, a hostess gift is not neccessary. I thank you for the thought, it was sweet to think of it, but I enjoyed this and did it for the fun of it.
    So ... no gift, OK?...
    judy, hostess gifts are a participate's way of saying thank you to the host for the time they took organizing the activity and it is done purely on a voluntary basis. i send some sort of hostess gift if just but a pincushion or a fq or some recipe cards to the host of any swap i participate in. i like doing this and truly believe it is a small thank you for their time. and the fact that it is voluntary and not mandatory, no one has to feel compelled to do this.

    so with all that said, will you reconsider allowing those who really want to send you a hostess thank you to do so?
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)



  12. #1237
    Member kd7kyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    68
    Blog Entries
    3
    Exactly i feel the same way of aending to Judy a little thank you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    judy, hostess gifts are a participate's way of saying thank you to the host for the time they took organizing the activity and it is done purely on a voluntary basis. i send some sort of hostess gift if just but a pincushion or a fq or some recipe cards to the host of any swap i participate in. i like doing this and truly believe it is a small thank you for their time. and the fact that it is voluntary and not mandatory, no one has to feel compelled to do this.

    so with all that said, will you reconsider allowing those who really want to send you a hostess thank you to do so?

  13. #1238
    Super Member paintmejudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ suburb
    Posts
    3,801
    You guys are sweet, so ok, and thank you! But I think I've probably had more fun that all of you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    judy, hostess gifts are a participate's way of saying thank you to the host for the time they took organizing the activity and it is done purely on a voluntary basis. i send some sort of hostess gift if just but a pincushion or a fq or some recipe cards to the host of any swap i participate in. i like doing this and truly believe it is a small thank you for their time. and the fact that it is voluntary and not mandatory, no one has to feel compelled to do this.

    so with all that said, will you reconsider allowing those who really want to send you a hostess thank you to do so?
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

  14. #1239
    Member mathteacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    96
    I hope it's ok for someone who never actually boarded the mystery train to post my scrappy mystery quilt top. It was so much fun to follow along, and I finally decided by the third clue to try this mystery. I'm glad I found these batiks in my stash because they were miscut squares that would not have worked for much anything else. I saw someone else's post who must have also ended up with extra hst's and copied her idea to extend the length (thanks to whoever that was!). Thanks, Judy, for a great mystery project!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  15. #1240
    Senior Member Everose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    God's country, ND
    Posts
    606
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mathteacher - that is a WOW! Love the colors and they make the star pop. Glad you came along and what a wonderful memory you now have. Next time you will have to ride and chat with us.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

    "The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

  16. #1241
    Super Member Cindy60545's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wills Point, Texas
    Posts
    2,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose View Post
    Mathteacher - that is a WOW! Love the colors and they make the star pop. Glad you came along and what a wonderful memory you now have. Next time you will have to ride and chat with us.
    Oh I agree! Of course, I love batiks anyway, but you did great!

  17. #1242
    Super Member Jenniky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Amarillo, Texas
    Posts
    1,417
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by coopah View Post
    Name:  mystery  train #2-completed.JPG
Views: 320
Size:  116.9 KBThe picture is sideways, and I don't know how to rotate it! Oh well, you get the idea. "Mr. Nobody" came by and swiped one of my piano key borders! That was a shocker, but wanted to get the top finished, as my UFOs are beyond count. So with a bit of ripping, this is how it turned out. Probably milder colors would have been good, but this will be a good snuggle quilt. Hope Judy is doing okay. Thanks to all the encouragers:urgodschild2, cindy 60545, and Jenniky. It's been fun!
    Glad Mr. Nobody didnt stop you... LOL Your quilt top is beautiful. It does look like a wonderful snuggle quilt.
    Have an awesome day!

  18. #1243
    Super Member Jenniky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Amarillo, Texas
    Posts
    1,417
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by mathteacher View Post
    I hope it's ok for someone who never actually boarded the mystery train to post my scrappy mystery quilt top. It was so much fun to follow along, and I finally decided by the third clue to try this mystery. I'm glad I found these batiks in my stash because they were miscut squares that would not have worked for much anything else. I saw someone else's post who must have also ended up with extra hst's and copied her idea to extend the length (thanks to whoever that was!). Thanks, Judy, for a great mystery project!
    Im sure I saw you lurking on the observation deck Mathteacher. Im glad you jumped in and made this Mystery. It truly is my favorite. Im excited about working on mine again this weekend. Im just waiting on the batting I ordered and its ready to FMQ
    Have an awesome day!

  19. #1244
    Super Member Cindy60545's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wills Point, Texas
    Posts
    2,428
    Jenniky, just think of this while FMQing....that's the way uh hu I like it! uh hu uh hu! Now That I have that going thru your head, you can quilt! HEHEHEHEHE!!!

  20. #1245
    Super Member Cindy60545's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wills Point, Texas
    Posts
    2,428
    Oh! I just posted in Pictures the other Carpenter Star I did, the feather lesson! Go take a peek, but be kind, it's not that great!

  21. #1246
    Super Member Jenniky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Amarillo, Texas
    Posts
    1,417
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
    Jenniky, just think of this while FMQing....that's the way uh hu I like it! uh hu uh hu! Now That I have that going thru your head, you can quilt! HEHEHEHEHE!!!
    Oh yeah.. good song to play while FMQing.. haha... Cindy
    Have an awesome day!

  22. #1247
    Super Member coopah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Horse Country, FL
    Posts
    6,203
    Blog Entries
    1
    To the person who rotated my picture: THANKS! Now it shows correctly!
    Mathteacher, your quilt is gorgeous, but come on and chat next trip...Judy thinks there may be one in mid-September when you'll be busier than a squirrel getting ready for winter. We like folks who chat about the mystery, even if they can't make the quilt right then.
    To everyone who did get a top done, wow! They all look so good! I'd sure like to see some finished. So far, I'm a SIDer. Off to work on a double wedding ring...it's driving me ga ga! So I'll see you in September ( Beach Boys anyone?) if there's another mystery and IF I'm not all the way around the bend. Enjoy summer, everyone!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

  23. #1248
    Super Member nancia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    my heart is in texas, philly and london
    Posts
    4,733
    Blog Entries
    1
    love the beach boys, but now have casey and the sunshine band running thru my head. thanks i spent the whole trip in the observation car, the seats are v-e-r-y comfortable! oh, and i snacked a lot, too! you may not have known it, but we had a margarita machine behind the last seat next to the men's room (no one seemed to go there! lol) fine times in the obs car!! will definitely make this quilt and will either go scrappy or batiks, i think. i will have batik scraps after i make my daughter's quilt. Yikes !! too many quilts, not enough time!!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

  24. #1249
    Senior Member stefanib123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    645
    So, if we did a siggy block swap for this group, how many would it take to make a quilt the same size as this one? Maybe we could all make an extra, and make Judy a quilt with them? Maybe do blocks bigger than 4.5 since we wouldnt' have as many people?

  25. #1250
    Power Poster SulaBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in SANTA Land.
    Posts
    10,124
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
    Oh! I just posted in Pictures the other Carpenter Star I did, the feather lesson! Go take a peek, but be kind, it's not that great!
    Cindy............I just looked at your quilt top in the Picture section & it is absolutely gorgeous!! You have done an awesome job with your feather quilting. I just LOVE it. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us!! Now I want mine done that way!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Page 50 of 62 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.