Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4 44 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1532

Thread: A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

I like the one on the right, as I look at the picture..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    I'd get rid of the white. The color from the white border bleeds every time it touches. Then, I'd use the two blenders and my favorite Santa and try braiding with three. Using an even number is putting all reds on one side and all greens on the other. I think using three will distribute the colors better. Think of a braid in a head of hair.
    I like the one on the right because I think the white disrupts the pattern. Or, I wonder how it would look with just the 2 blenders and the Santa on the green background? I am sure whatever you choose will be great. I love the quilt - puts me in the Christmas mood after several days of 100+ degree weather!
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

I vote to the fabrics on the right! The added fabric detracts from the quilt.......my opinion only!

Hugs,
    Cajun

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I like them both. If left l'd bind in the red or green, if right then bind in the white. Whatever you decide will look beautimus!!

paintme judy, just right. I thought the topper had enough design to stand on it's own so needed very limited quilting and in my opinion I think yours did too. very nice

Blog Entries
    Cindy, this is a project I designed 2 years ago for a SIL. When I found it a couple months ago, I knew I needed to get it done before I started something else. But when trying to put the squares together, I discovered that my cutting had not been as accurate as I thought. So I made a design change ripping out all of the sewing. Now I need to finish it and take it to MI when we go in 3 weeks.

Thanks to all for input. I agree the white/gold fabric takes away from the look, but I didn't like the 4 together. Irish, I'll try 3 tomorrow and see how that looks. If I get this put together, I might even have enough fabric for a pillow. Oh, I'm getting ahead of myself. Focus - focus - focus.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

How do you print out the instructions with pictures included without all junks included? I tried printable version but it does not include the attached pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy in TX View Post
    How do you print out the instructions with pictures included without all junks included? I tried printable version but it does not include the attached pictures.
    I highlight and then copy what I want to save and then paste it into text edit. You might have word or works or something else. Save it and then print it.
    I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
    I highlight and then copy what I want to save and then paste it into text edit. You might have word or works or something else. Save it and then print it.
    I hope this helps.
    Ugh, ok. I was hoping there'd be a pdf somewhere or a better way to do it than this or printable version.

Ugh, ok. I was hoping there'd be a pdf somewhere or a better way to do it than this or printable version.
    Maybe there is and I don't know about it. If you can wait until tomorrow someone else might chime in with a better answer.

thanks, Vicki
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    there isn't a better way than copy and paste. since this is judy's pattern, she can give her permission for someone to turn the instructions into a pdf and post to this thread or she can do that herself. it is up to her.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Blog Entries
    go to thread tools click on print version print then go back and drag pictures to your compupter then print pic's from your computer worked for me
    esther

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
    Maybe there is and I don't know about it. If you can wait until tomorrow someone else might chime in with a better answer.
    I tried the copy/paste and sometimes would get some of the comments printed as well. So finally, I copied/pasted and sent it to email. Then I'd check it to make sure it only had what I wanted to be printed. That is my best way to make sure I don't get a lot of extra printing that isn't wanted.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    gosh all this is lots more something .. I just used graph paper and colored pencils and regular olde writing in my little notebook

This was on another thread that I found the other day and it works. "You can make anything into a PDF with some free software. At home I use PDF Creator. You start to print like you normally would, but select pdf creator as the printer instead of your regular printer. You will then be prompted with some default information about the document, which you can edit if you want, and then for a filename/location to save the pdf. You can download PDF Creator from SourceForge at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ Just remember to look for the PDF creeator option on your drop down printer box. This works very well with tutorials that you want to save and don't want all the comments and ads. Have fun with it and good luck. Retta

Here if my finished Mystery Quilt. I love the way it turned out. I stitched in the ditch around the inner and outer stars and then did free motion meandering in the pinks and the border. That was a first for me, and although it is far from perfect, I am really happy with the way it turned out. I attached 2 prints - the first is the whole quilt and the second is an up close of the free motion quilting. Can't wait for the next Train Ride.

Name:  100_1467.JPG
Views: 425
Size:  1.17 MBName:  100_1466.JPG
Views: 420
Size:  1.24 MB

Chester, yours turned out so striking!

Oh so pretty. Mine is still in the top stage but it's third in line to be quilted. Really need to get the grands's done first. Have a great day. Retta

Chester--Looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Chester-lovely work and your meander looks terrific!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Beautiful quilt and FMQ, Chester!! I can't wait to get mine made!!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    I agree, sans the white it looks awesome, white pulls away from the effect~
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    I'd get rid of the white. The color from the white border bleeds every time it touches. Then, I'd use the two blenders and my favorite Santa and try braiding with three. Using an even number is putting all reds on one side and all greens on the other. I think using three will distribute the colors better. Think of a braid in a head of hair.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    if you send me your email I can send you Word doc

Blog Entries
    I really like your quilt, Chester, it turned out awesome. I am almost done, I was running behind, I got side tracked and had to wait for a Freighter of UFO's to pass, but now I am back on track!

Will post pictures later, my camera is still buried in back of PU trying to get stuff put away after camping trip!

Here is mine--finally. It still needs quilted. Not sure what to do for that. I really had a great time doing this. I had purchased the charm packs when I first began quilting in 2010. Didn't know what I was going to do with them. I like the way they turned out. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4 44 53 54 55 ... LastLast