Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along >

Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

Old 11-28-2011, 08:59 AM

Hi all! I got back from our week long dry-camping ("RVing" as my grown kids call it!! Hey I camped in a tent, for years, a lot of years ago!) at the beach, yesterday---brought some sand home with us of course. Unpacked and did laundry most of the day. Still have more laundry and the "cleaning" to do-lots of vacuuming, more laundry, cleaning the rv bathroom, and did I mention more laundry,\; and then vacuuming my house, since we let it go before the trip, and oh yes, more laundry!!

I did, however, take a break from laundry to decide on my other colors. For the strings I'm using teals and blues and my main color with be darker reds, burgandys and purples. Sure wish the laundry and cleaning were already done so I could sew, the QST!! Maybe later.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by islandwiz1 View Post
SaraSewing

Where is the photo thread that you posted on? I am still finishing step 1.
Orca bay mystery picture thread
Old 11-28-2011, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by yayaquilts View Post
. Sure wish the laundry and cleaning were already done so I could sew, the QST!! Maybe later.
I am a firm believer that laundry multiplies when the lights are turned out on it! There are only 2 of us, how can we have sooooooo much laundry??!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC View Post
I am a firm believer that laundry multiplies when the lights are turned out on it! There are only 2 of us, how can we have sooooooo much laundry??!!!
Sure agree with that statement CoyoteMagic!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae View Post
http://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/orca-bay-mystery-picture-thread-t168881-5.html

Last edited by JeanieG; 11-28-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:14 PM

Sew sew sew, trim trim trim. I've got 30 String pieces completed! Took time out to work on a Christmas present for my Uncle/Godfather.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]291556[/ATTACH]

Lucy decided to take a nap a little too close to my cutting table.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]291557[/ATTACH]

What's everybodyelse up to??
Attached Thumbnails 0933.jpg   092b.jpg  
Old 11-28-2011, 05:08 PM

I am going to tackle the QST tonight. On Block Central you can print out the paper diagram for sewing either 1" or 3" finished HST. Would it make any difference which one you use? I read some of you thought there was a lot of trimming on the 3 1/2" HST so would the 1 1/2" be better?

Coyotemagic , I have 17 blue strings made. They do get a little boring. I like the idea of adding some teal to the blue, will try a few. How do you people figure out these mysteries, like this is an Alaska theme? Now I see why so many are doing oranges. Well I hope I can find some orangy/red in my stash when the time comes.

Have a good evening. Jeane
Old 11-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sammygirlqt View Post
I am going to tackle the QST tonight. On Block Central you can print out the paper diagram for sewing either 1" or 3" finished HST. Would it make any difference which one you use? I read some of you thought there was a lot of trimming on the 3 1/2" HST so would the 1 1/2" be better?
Have a good evening. Jeane
3" finished hst should work with some trimming. I don't know how you could use 1 1/2" unless I am missing something...

I didn't accomplish much today. Someone dumped a little Poodle on the intestate and he has ended up with my Black Poodle and I. I hope I am not in over my head. I am finding this little male is whole lot different than females. He may end up with diapers. I am back to my string blocks until the next potty break.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:45 PM

I have 200 of my QST done. Only 24 more to go. I think I might finish them tonight. Yeah. Then I will be able to start the string blocks. I have purples as my main color , my QST or pink and blue should I do yellow string blocks as I planned or should I change then to greens? Opinions please.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:51 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!
Decided to do some ironing that the DH didn't get to on all these QTS's. They are too small!!!!! I was triming them up and realize they are a bit more than a scant 1/4 inch. This is why I don't do piecing. THEY NEVER TURN OUT THE RIGHT SIZE!!!!