Pony Club Thread 3

Old 08-14-2020, 06:36 AM

Glad to hear from both of you, and that everyone is OK. So much terrible damage from the storms with high winds. Maybe more will plant trees now, to help break the winds. Old timers know what I mean. I used a lot of the stimulus money for flower bulbs from three new companies, and nothing came up! So sad. I guess it had a lot of hot air from politicians in them. (HA!) Still guarding the places we planted them, maybe next year they will come up. Perennial beds are finally filling up with beautiful blooms, but dh loves his zinnias the best. I'll save their seeds and plant more next year. Not much garden this year, age is stopping a lot of that extra work and effort. Even in the sewing room. I am still breathing, so there is still hope...its 50/50, that I sew or don't sew. Like to finish what I have started which is a lot of UFOs.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:46 PM
Power Poster

So good to hear, Carrie! Cousins in Marion suffered tree damage but none to their homes or vehicles.
Old 08-18-2020, 03:50 PM

I am sorry I haven't been here in while. I have had a tragedy in my family again. I have lost a young cousin in a hunting accident. The funeral is gonna be in Midland on Fri. We are going to Midland Thurs & Fri as we also want to go to the visitation.
Old 08-18-2020, 05:39 PM
Power Poster

Bev, so very sorry for your tragic loss! Will be thinking of you and the family and praying for peace for all you.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:59 AM

I have often heard in my youth, only the good die young, Dublb. It is sad to the survivors and the family, my prayers are with all of you. My dh lost a brother who served in Vietnam and suffered from Agent Orange. DH cousin has stage 4 cancer, and was sent home from Iowa City University Hospital to die. My Cousin Mary's husband is undergoing four months of Chemo now. We have lost all our dear senors who looked after us now, lucky a son of Patty's came to our rescue yesterday. A flat tire and no spare left us sitting in Omaha. (Four miles away from Home) one gentleman in a John Deere runabout pumped up the tire and we headed home in a rush and called Nick again to update him. He came to our house, helped take off the tire, and take Jerry and the tire to the shop and got it fixed, brought him back home. We set down to a quick homestead lunch to thank him. Nice to have good neighbors.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:28 PM

Bev, I hope you have a safe trip and there is peace at the funeral for you and your family.
I got a message recently from a cousin. He had complications from a surgery, and got a stroke. He's in rehab now. It made me feel old.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:34 PM

Oh Bev, you have been through so much! My prayers are with you and your family. It is so hard to lose loved ones!
Old 08-19-2020, 07:40 PM

OH Sue! I am so glad that ya have good neighbors! That can be scary! HUGGS. I am glad that ya are home safe.
I'm so sorry that your cousin had a stroke, Givo! HUGGS
Thank You Jeanie!

I am gonna be a busy bee when I get back. I picked up 2 sergers to repair on Fri when I was on my way home from Austin. Then I picked up 5 sewing machines to repair from the LQS yesterday.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:03 PM
Power Poster

Bev, the LYS sure keeps you hopping! Good repair is hard to find.

Givio, so sorry about your cousin. Hope rehab gets him back to normal. Even young people can stroke. The 10yo grandson of a man I teach Silver Sneakers to had a stroke. He was hospitalized for a while but seems to be ok now.
Old 08-22-2020, 06:30 PM

I am back from Midland. The funeral is over. It was good to be w/my family. I'm also happy to say that the dry air in Midland helped to clear up my lungs. My asthma is so much better! I've been coughing for over a month!!!