Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

bebe 01-02-2010 05:42 AM

everyone is doing great and fabric choices are awesome. I still have not started I have a few things I need to finish before I start on something new. Kepp movin on :thumbup:

bearpaw 01-02-2010 06:33 AM

Thanks everyone - I can't wait till the fabrics get here!!!

Esq - I was thinking of maybe "Jane's Ferns", but I also like Bettia's name "Fossil Jane". I'll have to decide! Thanks for the idea Bettia!

Sheree - tha background is the tan color on the bottom of the pic - it's hard to see, it blends in with the table.

sewsewquilter 01-02-2010 07:26 AM

I have changed the excel spreadspread for a diangle row color layout. I am going to do two janes. Without the excel spreadspread I don't think I could keep my color layout correct. If you do each row in a different color it will take 25 colors. You will have to have excel to open this spreadspread.

I also changed the excel spread Klue posting on page 30-something (I think) for Trip Around the World color layout. It is on page 117.

Deb

cjt_mama 01-02-2010 07:30 AM

Hmmm... Now I have to name it too? Lol.. Pink and black always make me think of the 50;s, maybe something along that line of thought

Esqmommy 01-02-2010 07:30 AM

I love your block Mama! Great job on the PP - it's confusing at first, but once you get it, your gold!

kluedesigns 01-02-2010 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by sewsewquilter
I have changed the excel spreadspread for a diangle row color layout. I am going to do two janes. Without the excel spreadspread I don't think I could keep my color layout correct. If you do each row in a different color it will take 25 colors. You will have to have excel to open this spreadspread.

I also changed the excel spread Klue posting on page 30-something (I think) for Trip Around the World color layout. It is on page 117.

Deb

you're just wonderful, thank you so much for doing this for us.

cjt_mama 01-02-2010 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken

Originally Posted by cjt_mama
OK, I am going to try and include a pic of my first block. I have never paper-pieced before, but I think I can get the hang of it lol!

Well done! :-)

Nothing like jumping in the deep end is there! lol

I love the fabrics you're using.

Thanks!

cjt_mama 01-02-2010 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I love your block Mama! Great job on the PP - it's confusing at first, but once you get it, your gold!

Thank you, I am almost done with block #2... Yay!

Esqmommy 01-02-2010 12:46 PM

Be careful Mama, you'll end up like me ignoring your kids and working on little tiny blocks!! LOL, just kidding!!! It's addicting though, isn't it? I hope I can keep up my enthusiasm...it's a long road ahead!

Icandothat 01-02-2010 01:24 PM

Is this the site to post photos of our finished week 1 blocks?