Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

cutebuns 01-13-2010 12:35 PM

The pieces are pretty small now but yes they could, it would add a lot of bulk to them as well,

BlueChicken 01-13-2010 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
The pieces are pretty small now but yes they could, it would add a lot of bulk to them as well,

That's true.

cutebuns 01-13-2010 12:42 PM

the little square showing is about 5/8" so cut that in half and add the fabric for 4 pieces, it is not bad if they are square but they will be mostly on one side.

BlueChicken 01-13-2010 01:12 PM

the little square showing is about 5/8" so cut that in half and add the fabric for 4 pieces, it is not bad if they are square but they will be mostly on one side.

There are other Y seams coming up too, perhaps it's best I just bite the bullet and master it! LOL *falls on floor and twitches for a while*

kluedesigns 01-13-2010 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken

There are other Y seams coming up too, perhaps it's best I just bite the bullet and master it! LOL *falls on floor and twitches for a while*

you'll be a master of the Y in no time - you'll have no choice when making a jane.

people will master: Paper Piecing, Y seams, Curved seams, and various forms of applique.

thats what makes a jane quilt a right of passage for quilters.

cutebuns 01-13-2010 01:16 PM

From what I have seen, there are a few blocks that use the y seams, part of doing the Jane is learning new things right? so jump on it! Check out BR4, that is on piece on the bottom, and BR10 and RS 6 just to name a few as well as the kite one that I just did.

BlueChicken 01-13-2010 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

you'll be a master of the Y in no time - you'll have no choice when making a jane.

people will master: Paper Piecing, Y seams, Curved seams, and various forms of applique.

People will also master: seam ripping, starting over, screaming, and twitching. ;-)

kluedesigns 01-13-2010 01:22 PM

People will also master: seam ripping, starting over, screaming, and twitching. ;-)

those are the very first skills to be picked up :oops:

i've started to curse like a construction worker.

BlueChicken 01-13-2010 01:24 PM

LOL I might be slightly prone to throwing things as well as cursing! ;-)

Luckily, the friendship, support, and fun gained from being involved far outweighs the frustrations. :-)

kluedesigns 01-13-2010 01:28 PM

LOL I might be slightly prone to throwing things as well as cursing! ;-)

Luckily, the friendship, support, and fun gained from being involved far outweighs the frustrations. :-)

amen to that!