Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

luvmortherest 01-21-2010 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
DH is now asleep in bed and he's been given a perfect bill of health and we go back in 2 years to do it all again.

its so very rough on him. on his mother's side of the family they have the gene for colon cancer. the longest any one lived was 58.

8 years ago i convinced him to let me test him for the gene. this is typically a very ethical problem because even if you have the gene it doesn't mean you'll ever get the cancer.

i told him this and said but at least this is a very treatable cancer when caught early and had your other family members known their outcome could have been quite different.

well, as you can guess he has the gene. so for the past 8 years (every 2 years) its a battery of tests and a source of major stress for him.

this afternoon when we were leaving he said "some days i wish i didn't know"

and i said "i know - its a burden to carry"

so glad to hear about the clean bill of health.

Esqmommy 01-21-2010 07:09 PM

I wanted to regroup RS-6 and keep running into a brick wall. When I go to add a 2nd group, it just puts them both together. Any suggestions or assistance will be appreciated!

luvmortherest 01-21-2010 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I wanted to regroup RS-6 and keep running into a brick wall. When I go to add a 2nd group, it just puts them both together. Any suggestions or assistance will be appreciated!

every time i try to regroup it just puts it back to the original

Esqmommy 01-21-2010 07:36 PM

I know under options, you have to click "separate units" but what I can't figure out is how to print the groups I made without having to print a new page for each little group.

luvmortherest 01-21-2010 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I know under options, you have to click "separate units" but what I can't figure out is how to print the groups I made without having to print a new page for each little group.

i just don't know on this one. i can't get it to regroup and can't figure it out have tried several times :-(

Janstar 01-21-2010 09:35 PM

Rachel, I worked on that one today and by following 'that quilt' instructions finally got it to work. There are a few Y seams but they go together pretty well. I only ripped three times! LOL At least the fabric was'nt shreaded!!

Janstar 01-21-2010 09:38 PM

Kelly, so glad to hear your DHs 'all clear' report! That's always a worry! Glad you are back with us!

Tiffany 01-21-2010 10:06 PM

UGH! I missed a few days due to my computer catching a virus. (From this site actually! :( ) It wouldn't let me do or open up anything. I always forget how much I rely on my computer until it is no longer available. Thank goodness hubby has a degree in computers and was finally able to fix it for me. Yay! Now I've got several pages to catch up on. :P It'll have to be tomorrow though. It's late and my brain simply won't function anymore.

Janstar 01-21-2010 10:17 PM

Sorry about your computer Tiffany, it's awful when you don't have them! Talk to you tomarrow. Have a good rest!

Lacelady 01-22-2010 03:31 AM

Good news about DH, Klue - the tests might not be pleasant, but they certainly make sense, now he can get on with his life.