Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

jolo 03-21-2010 05:40 PM

Just my opinion but we are using the soft ware and using terminology from that. How in the name of all legal systems is that not allowed with our group making a quilt? Jolo

jolo 03-21-2010 05:55 PM

We have not broken any taboos. Look just below where I am typing,also on your page. It says The Famous Jane Stickle Quilt, circa 1863 Not DJ. We bought and paid for the book and the software and are allowed to use any way we wish as long as we dont make any money from it. I have not received any moneys have you? Jolo

jolo 03-21-2010 07:11 PM

Hey motomom, I am an Okie transplanted from Qutiman,Tx. Sti. Hea. was my LQS. Its a small world huh. Jolo

luvmortherest 03-21-2010 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by jolo
Luv He is in my prayers. Jolo

thank you jolo

Sheree from Chicago 03-21-2010 08:43 PM

Hang in there Jolo. PP will get easier once you've done it for awhile. I wouldn't worry about speed. Just do what you can do. I'm glad you've joined us.
PS: congratulations on your 5 year milestone! I'm six years out! Hugs

Lacelady 03-22-2010 02:09 AM

I think that we are treading carefully, because Admin was concerned that if we mentioned 'those words' and used pics from the originals in some of the tutes, there might be repercussions from the lady in question, who appears to have claimed certain terms for her own.

He seemed so concerned, that I think there was a possibility of him wanting to closed down this thread, which is why we now refer to the quilt we are making as a Jane Stickle quilt. As far as I know, you can't copyright a person's name. At the same time, Admin was going to enquire about things, and that was at least a couple of months ago. We haven't heard of any outcome from that yet, have we?

Since we don't want this thread shut down, we tread carefully now.

wilhelmina 03-23-2010 04:47 PM

Just curious, how do you remove the paper from PP? I carefully fold and peel mine away, sometimes before I sew over. It seems to take a long time on some of these little gems...

jolo 03-23-2010 05:16 PM

I do it very carefully, I hold at the part I am starting and gently pull on the paper. I dont want to distort it. Of course I am still not to comfortable with pp.Jolo

retrogirl02 03-23-2010 05:32 PM

W, I fold the seam allowance back and forth first and it really loosens up the larger pieces. For the tiny bits, I use my seam ripper to get beneath it. If I've got one in a tough spot that doesn't pop up from the above, I use a flower head pin to score and it rips easily.

retrogirl02 03-23-2010 05:33 PM

jolo, it takes some getting used to...paper piecing is still really backwards to me and I have to use large pieces of fabric for odd angles or I cut it backwards every time. I really like it now that I've been practicing.